Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't buy The War Z! AVOID! AVOID!

I went there looking for some zombie-killing fun, and all it turns out to be is an FPS with Zombies in the background.

Most people in the game don't care about the zombies, they just want to kill other players.

Shoot a zombie? I might need that ammo for a player!

If you want some FPS deathmath, there are much better ones out there.

AVOID WAR Z.

Comments

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Cry me a longer river.If you just want coop zombie killing get dead island,grab your friends and kill zombies.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Thats why I am still wondering why its called a mmo lol. Its nothing more than a FPS. Hell lets call BF3 a mmo also ;)

Warz just doesnt offer enough at this time. But i do like the genre and will keep an eye on it. If it gets better, if the game gets more meaning, if the community/game leans towards rebuilding instead of just sensless killing then i will buy.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    The OP has a point. Hopefully since the game is still in beta, the zombie environment will get better. Because this is supposed to be a post-apocalyptic war against zombies, not people. Sure, human conflict is inevitable and part of it. But that part should be in the background, not zombies.
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

I was tempted but I assumed it would be a pvp gank fest. Pvp is fine when the situation calls for it.

These sorts of games need players with more honour rather than DIE DIE HAHA I KILL YOU! types

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

The Walking Dead show on AMC is a good example showing Player vs Player pvp.

PS:  Don't piss off Rick.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

I'd say just avoid it due to the new hacks that have been released. Games worse than APB was in regards to hackers.

Once the fix the hacks, I'll give it another look ... as it is now I'm tempted to request a refund.

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Just get a refund o: the devs are terrible. Isn't going to improve much more than it already has.
  • calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359
    From what I understand you can setup your own private server and thus pvp/gank/grief will only happen if you play on the public servers or allow it on yours.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Onomas

Thats why I am still wondering why its called a mmo lol. Its nothing more than a FPS. Hell lets call BF3 a mmo also ;)

Warz just doesnt offer enough at this time. But i do like the genre and will keep an eye on it. If it gets better, if the game gets more meaning, if the community/game leans towards rebuilding instead of just sensless killing then i will buy.

I agree. Pointless mass-killing does not make an MMO, you need more than that.

• kastrixkastrix Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh
    Just get a refund o: the devs are terrible. Isn't going to improve much more than it already has.

i want to warn everyone that the devs dont follow the europe lawn on refunds. This company cannot be trusted and is clearly not serious. They copied the toa from another comapny, the ceo calls people faggot and the admins talks about how they will use admin powers to kill people on the server, and giving free stuff to his friends. 

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by calranthe
    From what I understand you can setup your own private server and thus pvp/gank/grief will only happen if you play on the public servers or allow it on yours.

If you are going to do that, than why play WarZ?

DayZ is free (if you have Arma2 already).

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    i was midly interested until i found out that zombies are not attracted by sound of gunshots(wtf?)...... AND you can buy bullets/food/lives on the cash shop.....okeeeyyyy so it's cash shop CoD with some zombies walking arround. not for me.
  • PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    i was midly interested until i found out that zombies are not attracted by sound of gunshots(wtf?)...... AND you can buy bullets/food/lives on the cash shop.....okeeeyyyy so it's cash shop CoD with some zombies walking arround. not for me.

You're wrong on every aspect of your post.

Zombies react to gunshots and footsteps, moreso than sight.

Bullets/Food/Lives are bought off currency that only comes off of dead zombies.  At this time it's unable to be looted from your corpse as well.

The game has a ton of flaws but you're completely uninformed and I just wanted to clarify on that.

Once grouping/clans are implemented, fewer players will be walking around solo and it will be less likely that you'll run into as much random hostility when more is at stake.

That being said, I strongly suggest waiting a few months for stuff to be better prepared/presented.  It was a very poor decision to open sales at this point, as the game really needs more of its planned systems implemented to be more than a deathmatch.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    ageed, game is just terrible its not a MMO and it certainly NOT a survival!
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Redemp

I'd say just avoid it due to the new hacks that have been released. Games worse than APB was in regards to hackers.

Once the fix the hacks, I'll give it another look ... as it is now I'm tempted to request a refund.

Man, I find that comment so funny.

I loved APB when it was with RTW.  I never saw a hacker, not once.  I really do like what WarZ has to offer.  I have yet to see a hacker, and I've been playing since the 15th of October.

I know hackers are there, there is plenty of complaining going on for it not to be.  I just haven't seen it and to me, it doesn't appear to be as prevelant as people say it is.  

It's a new game, the hackers will filter out into other games eventually.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

6 year old account, first post.

Nuff said.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    I always avoid indie free for all pvp full loot games without any consequences for killing players,. But thanks for suggestion.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Has issues but wouldn't call out the 'abort abort' button yet. The only real direct 'competition' of sorts is Day Z which, lets face it, is a bit ugly to play. Give it a chance at least. I wouldn't call it gold but if its followed through and worked out many of its kinks and has features added, it has great potential to be a good game.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Popori

Bullets/Food/Lives are bought off currency that only comes off of dead zombies.  At this time it's unable to be looted from your corpse as well.

The game has a ton of flaws but you're completely uninformed and I just wanted to clarify on that.

Once grouping/clans are implemented, fewer players will be walking around solo and it will be less likely that you'll run into as much random hostility when more is at stake.

That being said, I strongly suggest waiting a few months for stuff to be better prepared/presented.  It was a very poor decision to open sales at this point, as the game really needs more of its planned systems implemented to be more than a deathmatch.

Don't even bother, half the guys posting here have never even played, yet act as thought they have been with the game since Oct 15th.

The amount of blatant misinformation being spread on these forums is staggering.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Originally posted by calranthe

If you are going to do that, than why play WarZ?

DayZ is free (if you have Arma2 already).

Because believe it or not, most people who play do not enjoy what PvP is right now in WarZ.

Private servers would be an excellent alternative for people who aren't into PvP all the time.  They can join servers tailored to their desired playstle.

DayZ is not free, you have to buy ARMA first.  I'm tired of people saying that.  Most people bought ARMA to play DayZ.

• LostHawkLostHawk Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

6 year old account, first post.

Nuff said.

GolbezTheLion: 9/27/12 account,  mainly used to spread lies to defend the current state of a game, insulting people not agreeing with him and giving mmorpg.com extra moderation work... Sad.

Originally posted by Popori

Your response is not entirely accurate.

You can't buy lives or revives off of the marketplace right now.  Yes, you can buy food, weapons(melee) and some high end ammo and scopes from founders money that you recieve when you purchase your way into the alpha.

Also, what makes you think it's less likely to be attacked when there are groups?  You don't think PK's won't bring their friends?  Didn't think that one through did you?

I do agree that it shouldn't have been released yet.  THere is a lot of work to do.  For all of the advancements that they made over DayZ, DayZ still has a lot of things that WarZ doesn't.  Like water jugs that you can fill at ponds and wells, wildlife and butchering/cooking, tents, automobiles and a MUCH larger and much more detailed map.  Well, that and all of the hacking, server hopping and PvP issues that weren't fixed in the transition.

They have a lot of work to do to.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

When I tried out the beta I was amazed at the amount of people that just didnt give a crap and would blow you up right away. WELL LET ME TELL YOU I became one of those people too! HAHA! A zombie wasnt even a threat any more. If I saw some one out and about I would just blow them up.I was done getting railed by people who I thought wanted to group.

SORRY if I blew you up. But this game I wont be purchasing , due to the fact that there are other better FPS's out there. Planetside2 anyone?

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by Redemp

Man, I find that comment so funny.

I loved APB when it was with RTW.  I never saw a hacker, not once.  I really do like what WarZ has to offer.  I have yet to see a hacker, and I've been playing since the 15th of October.

I know hackers are there, there is plenty of complaining going on for it not to be.  I just haven't seen it and to me, it doesn't appear to be as prevelant as people say it is.  

It's a new game, the hackers will filter out into other games eventually.

Did not see a cheater in APB?? Sorry man, either you did not play much, or you sir, are blind, figuratively. 

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    A zombie survival game where the zombies are a trivial threat?  Pass.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.