Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Marvel Heroes: Checking in with David Brevik

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We recently had a chance to catch up with Marvel Heroes' David Brevik. Find out what we learned!

At its core, Marvel Heroes is very much an action RPG with MMO elements. Dave is one of the founders of the Diablo series from defunct Blizzard North, and has put together a fast-paced game similar in style to his past work. The thing about Marvel Heroes is that you play as many of the top Marvel characters in the game world. You build up a group of heroes that you can level and customize like Iron Man, Hulk, or Thor. Also, David was quick to point out that they have access to all 8000 plus Marvel characters for the game. So there will be a lot of room for growth as the game grows.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Marvel Heroes: Catching Up with David Brevik.

Comments

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I loved the idea of a Diablo styled Marvel Universe when i first heard of it.

After p****ng the game for myself... =) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shhhh Come on i can at lest be allowed that vague exclamation smile right? =p

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    The combat is cool. HOWEVER, are the stats on each item completely randomized? This will make or break the game for me.
  • KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Sounds awesome

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    must suck if your name is brevik these days

so far its a bit too much diablo for me
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    It will be alright for what it is.  But if they want money, they will need to have variety, great animations and of course epic comicbook storylines and possible crossovers with print.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Woo... A 2D looking Marvel game... That's new and original (not).

Smile

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280
    Wow i wouldnt go with that name Brevik  to the front.  poor guy.
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Looking forward to this. Hoping they send me a Beta Invite any day now....
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Hey look! It's Marvel Ultimate Alliance /  X-Men Legends with a cash shop and some loser in charge!

Wait, why should we be excited about this again? I already own both those games...

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    It's a pretty fun game. Still has a lot of work to go.
  • XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93

I don't see anything wrong with Brevik. He helped in the creation of Diablo, at least he didn't F*ck up like Jay Wilson with D3.

Looking forward to play the game.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

After the way Jay Wilson shot himself in the foot, Brevik is standing tall in the eyes of gamers.  Let's hope he appreciates his position!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115
    The name of the Norwegian serial-killer was Breivik, not Brevik.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

"Someone in the interview asked why the character Rocket Raccoon was one of the choices. Dave explained that as a fan favorite, Rocket gave them a way to expand the Marvel Universe into characters some people may not be familiar with."

Not to mention he's in the forthcoming Guardians Of The Galaxy film as well ;-) ?

My fear on this game is no one will put $$ into the cash shop for it to survive.... time will tell... hope I'm wrong.