Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DayZ vs WarZ

spirus7spirus7 Member UncommonPosts: 142
hey guys! i have some free time in my hands now and i am thinking of buying one of those 2 games! From the vids on youtube i like em both but i lean torwards DayZ ! reason? i think it has much more players than warZ ( i know its alpha/beta mode) and it doesnt have item shop! i maybe wrong tho i havent done much research and i want your opinion on those 2 games :) the cons and pros! Thank you in advance! =))

Comments

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    day Z is just a mod to a game..it got popular so they made thier own game....War Z is a stand alone game in testing phase atm.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I went with DayZ because the WarZ devs treat their community like crap and act very very childish..  I've been having a blast in Dayz!  I'm gettn hungy for beans all of a sudden;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Dayz is a mod for ARMA II you will need both the origional and operation arrowhead to play it. Its hardcore to the bone this one hard to get into and not many people like the way the ARMA II engine plays.

WarZ is a stand alone game and a lot easier to get into than DayZ.

Its a hard one to choose between the two, i guess if you already own ARMA II and OA then go with DayZ if not then check out WArZ.. or wait for the stand alone version of DayZ..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210

I went with dayz for now because, well I don’t know, at the time Warz wasn't available?  I do know that there is so much you can do in Dayz. It isn’t just a shooter it is a survival game. From my first impressions you can just try to scavenge what you can and see how long you survive, or you can PvP if you scavenge anything decent, or you can just kill zombies or all of the above. I am very new to Dayz and it does have a helluva learning curve.  I actually like the challenge and so far I am enjoying it.  When and if I get a chance to try Warz I will post something about playing both games.

Z.

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

Right now, WarZ as the game is being developed into what DayZ should have been but they couldnt do it because it was a mod to a game.

But WarZ is still in very early beta and most features arent in yet.

The real fight will be when DayZ comes out with the standalone version and DayZ has most of the features in then well see which is the best :)

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Atm I consider WarZ as a decent filler til DayZ standalone comes out.
  • spirus7spirus7 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    ok guys thank for your time to answer =))) u all made me decide! ;) i will go for both! =P i will start with DayZ since a friend has arma combined op and then i will try WarZ when it comes out in october! ty again =) cheerz! 
  • DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    I went with DayZ because the WarZ devs treat their community like crap and act very very childish..  I've been having a blast in Dayz!  I'm gettn hungy for beans all of a sudden;)

Like crap? Please provide examples of this behavior.

I played Dayz for a couple months, than dropped it for Warz, I have yet to have the developers treat me or the friends I play with like crap.

• FireForkFireFork Member Posts: 64

Stay away from WarZ now, the game is full of hackers, and theres ALOT of them

Hacking, ghosting, duping, etc. and it has gone out of hands.

They don't reply on that statement we do about the problem, and we are forbidden to even use

the word "hack" on the warz forum now.

The delete every thread about it and soon the will banning ppl on the forum because the word hack.

So there is the problem and it's NOT gonna be solved before they use a proper anti-cheat enging!!

And they are NOT willing to do that, they think they have it under control but thats not true, they use the same metod as in

"War inc" 2010 hacks and thats NOT solved yet.

So i suggest stay away and wait for DayZ standalown or if they get a nice anti-cheat engine in warz.

Now it's a "out of hand hackparty". 

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

i really really like WarZ but I'm more scared of the survivors than the zombies which is sad :<

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com