Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game wont last

MeGaTronPowerMeGaTronPower Member Posts: 80
I have cod and battlefield o. X ox 360 live and play mmorpg on my pc. Installed this on my ps3 alone with 20 friends on ventrio and in the end this game is Soooo bad we all agreed on ventrilo this game Is really bad a disaster waiting to happen.

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower
    I have cod and battlefield o. X ox 360 live and play mmorpg on my pc. Installed this on my ps3 alone with 20 friends on ventrio and in the end this game is Soooo bad we all agreed on ventrilo this game Is really bad a disaster waiting to happen.

I keep hearing bad things about this game (not that I would ever play it anyway. I'm just annoyed they are putting World of Darkness on the backburner for this non pc game pos).

Other than that ... wtf is "o. X ox" ?

You stay sassy!

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Tamanous

I keep hearing bad things about this game (not that I would ever play it anyway. I'm just annoyed they are putting World of Darkness on the backburner for this non pc game pos).

I'm glad their using this as practice before they make WoD.

• MeGaTronPowerMeGaTronPower Member Posts: 80

it was typo i play cod and battlefield on xbox360 live. 

are they seriously going to release this? do they even playtest this thing?

What i mean is did they know this game sucks but going to release it anyway? Did they enjoy wasting money to develop this game?

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

The fact that it's on console isn't what makes the game bad. The OP is misleading if they claim that.

The game is bad because of the limited game modes, compared to similar shooters like MAG.

also the game is very confusing for management.

lag will be present on any large scale FPS like this.

gameplay isn't not well done compared to similar shooters like MAG. I don't like the spawn system. 

In MAG I felt more comfortable with the objective and of what I need to do and enemies around Me. Not so much in Dust.

Also the game isn't 64 players like MAG. It's 48.  Little more than Starhawk but without the cool features of Starhawk.

The game needs more interesting gameplay and game modes.

Also the game need better understanding between the connection of Eve and Dust. In the game they have that Star system which Ihalve no idea what to do with it, since I don't play EvE that much. It's confusing things like that which can be a turn off.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

The thing is it's still in beta first off.  Secondly from what I can gather a lot of the big picture elements aren't really going to come into play until the EVE integration is more complete.  That's probably where a lot of the management comes into play.

Not having played it I can guess it's more strategy than run and gun(which is all the more reason IMO that should have a PC version).

• jagd1jagd1 Member Posts: 281

are they seriously going to release this? do they even playtest this thing?

What i mean is did they know this game sucks but going to release it anyway? Did they enjoy wasting money to develop this game?

It is CCP corporate culture at finest , release crap and  close your ears and eyes to player complaints ,im 99.99% sure youll see same problems at when dust released .Dont believe me?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=104539

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=108934

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=112349

official ccp responces for drama lovers (btw after that UIGATE now swearing devs/naming them  became a ban reason :P )

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=117617&find=unread

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=104383

ANd fixes if you see anything fixed before 4-5 years it is super fast for ccp , You say X is broken ( missions/mining etc ) they prtend everything is ok and fix comes 4-5 years later if you are lucky .

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

It was a bad idea in the first place and a huge waste of resources.

Dust will bomb and bomb badly.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• jackocompjackocomp Member UncommonPosts: 50

OK if DUST is anything like EVE there will be very little in the way of Game Guides or info from CCP. Most of it if not all will be created by the player base. CCP don't have a very good rep when it comes to introducing NEW things or Basic game information.

I have played EVE for 6+ years & the Map can still be hard to use sometimes so if players within DUST are getting confused it's very understandable.

the connection between EVE & DUST from my understanding will be the ability for DUST players to interact with EVE players who are in the same solar system as the planet they are on. DUST players will be able to join corps that are created by EVE players & I think will be able to be in corps with EVE players.

EVE players will be also able to create contracts for the DUST players which they can accept & take on the task at hand (eg. attacking planet bannana in Milkshake solar system or similar)

Now having played the BF series of games since back when they first came out I can't help but see the similarities with Dust only in BF it's much easier to understand & do the same/similar things (eg. orbital Bombardment/EMP Strike) In BF it is also a lot more entertaining & a whole lot easier to learn to play properly.

How long will DUST survive? Well the way things in the FPS world go I would think not very long unless they are able to pull a cat out of the bag & give players something more than they currently have in DUST. Exactly what it is that is missing I am not sure but playing the game gets very repetative very quickly. Limiting the game to PS3 will also not help the game & may well be the single reason for the game failing sooner rather than later.

Nope I think I will be sticking to the BF series of games! What happens with EVE if DUST crashes hard? CCP have recently had finance issues so I would guess they have a lot riding on DUST. Whether they have also doomed EVE time will tell,

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I wasn't turned on from the start.  Console games are not meant to be meaningful PC games.  They attract the wrong crowd and need to be ultra simplistic, because most console users are either very young or .. uhhh can't have the .. or no don't have the ..     I really can't say that part nicely, sorry.

As a successor to Eve, even if the 2 live in conjuction,I guess I'm disappointed Dust 514 went to consoles. Eve 2.0 would have been better.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Karteli

I wasn't turned on from the start.  Console games are not meant to be meaningful PC games.  They attract the wrong crowd and need to be ultra simplistic, because most console users are either very young or .. uhhh can't have the .. or no don't have the ..     I really can't say that part nicely, sorry.

As a successor to Eve, I guess I'm disappointed it went to consoles.

I dont know- What you say may have been true years ago but I can say that at least with Dust 514 I am playing with adults... GW2 was all kiddies.

-Just sayin.

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

I dont know- What you say may have been true years ago but I can say that at least with Dust 514 I am playing with adults... GW2 was all kiddies.

-Just sayin.

You say that now ..... lol :-)  Good luck with that

-Just Sayin

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

Its hugs and kisses. The new xbox for people who care.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

As a successor to Eve, even if the 2 live in conjuction,I guess I'm disappointed Dust 514 went to consoles. Eve 2.0 would have been better.

OH man give it a rest.

I was playing counter strike last night with some kid that sounded about 8, I used to have a 14 year old idiot in my WoW guild. 

In my PS3 gaming clan is a guy and his wife in there 40's and other folk aged between 20 and 30. 

I don't understand why you have to look down on people because of the hardware they choose to play video games on?

The only thing that will hold DUST back is that it sucks, I lasted less than an hour on the beta, it is a horrible game and would have sunk on any platform.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Zinzan

I agree. A PC only space ship MMO which has nothing to do with FPS is to be integrated with a console only FPS. Makes no sense and will probably sell very poorly.

If it was for PC then it would make some sense because you could argue it is an expansion of the game but now it is like the dumbest idea ever.

-Just sayin.

-Just Sayin

-Its true though. I am in my late 30s and many of my friends (same age) own both consoles and PC... back in the day PC was priimarily for adults since the cost was pretty big and internet was not commonplace- Now everyone and their grandma has a computer.

Most of my friends have both Ps3s/360s AND PCs- And generally game using whatever- That said, this is my first expewrience with an online Console game and yes, the age seems to be 20s-50s. So far I have not yet met any "kids" playing this game.

In WOW I met a ton of kids (some really mature, some not-) in GW2 it seemed to be all kids-

Will that change? I dont know. As I said, this is my first experience with an Online Console game but thus far its certainly an older crowd playing this.

-If you think the game sucks, thats one thing- But it certainly isnt dominated by kids.

-Just sayin.

-Just Sayin

-Its true though. I am in my late 30s and many of my friends (same age) own both consoles and PC... back in the day PC was priimarily for adults since the cost was pretty big and internet was not commonplace- Now everyone and their grandma has a computer.

Most of my friends have both Ps3s/360s AND PCs- And generally game using whatever- That said, this is my first expewrience with an online Console game and yes, the age seems to be 20s-50s. So far I have not yet met any "kids" playing this game.

In WOW I met a ton of kids (some really mature, some not-) in GW2 it seemed to be all kids-

Will that change? I dont know. As I said, this is my first experience with an Online Console game but thus far its certainly an older crowd playing this.

-If you think the game sucks, thats one thing- But it certainly isnt dominated by kids.

We'll find out I guess.  The better chance of an adult game would have been Eve 2.0. :p

As an adult, I'd rather play on a PC anyways because it inherently incorporates a higher level of complexity.

Just me perhaps :-)

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

-Just sayin.

-Just Sayin

We'll find out I guess.  The better chance of an adult game would have been Eve 2.0. :p

As an adult, I'd rather play on a PC anyways because it inherently incorporates a higher level of complexity.

I still don't understand why you would limit yourself to one platform, a good game is a good game regardless of whether its on PC or Nintendo 64.

The only reason I can see from your posts is that you like a very specific type of game like EVE, this game does not exist on consoles so you prefer PC because your favourite game is a PC game.

It still doesn't mean that players using consoles are of lower intelligence.

Originally posted by SlickShoes

-Just sayin.

-Just Sayin

I still don't understand why you would limit yourself to one platform, a good game is a good game regardless of whether its on PC or Nintendo 64.

The only reason I can see from your posts is that you like a very specific type of game like EVE, this game does not exist on consoles so you prefer PC because your favourite game is a PC game.

It still doesn't mean that players using consoles are of lower intelligence.

Because (and this is my understanding)

A) There is no fee to play online games via the Playstation

B) This will be backwords compatible with the new Playstation (also no fee)

C) based on the MAG engine.

EDIT: BUT I still think they should have added PC support as well... But...

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Well with my time in beta the game looks ok not as good as MAG but still good it plays like an FPS but has more with the home space on the station. The lag is what is killing it for many and those who dont have lag even say the game feels sluggish at times I use a keyboard and mouse on the game and the mouse speed is to fast at times. Tried using move for it and it sucks to high heaven with it in my opinion and works meeter on CoD and BF well and MAG but still use game pad for that.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Couldn't agree more. The whole idea was a total waste of time and resources. Anyone who's exited about this sub-par offering needs to get a life.

• DeadAllianceDeadAlliance Member UncommonPosts: 21

What they had originally planned sounded awesome, but coming from a current beta player..this game will be absolutely awful. I'm not even kidding when I say how bad this game is...it makes my eyes bleed to play it. I really wanted to give it a good chance, but it just won't stand up on its own.

It won't die, but will instead live a painful existence as CCP is far from a poor company. They submit a few bug fixes and maybe some pointless DLC/Content before they realize what a horrid mistake they've made trying to make this.

The UI is really neat and I truly admire some of the things (skills) they took from EVE, but everything is so bland and appears so much more inferior to Planet Side 2.

• willo248willo248 Member Posts: 346

What's scary for me from an EvE player's perspective is, what will happen if the game isn't successful? We've seen plenty of examples of FPS games that start out with a couple of thousand players then a few months down the line die off. 

If this happens a whole chunk of EvE will also be inactive without anyone to fight for us we won't be able to use the whole mechanic.

What I don't understand is why they're not making the game for PC. I'm not going to go out and buy a ps3 for the sake of one game. However I know that me and a lot of my corpies would play the game if it was on pc, even just for the sake of advancing our corp.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I feel like the beta I just played has improved some compared to what most of these posts are saying.

It wasn't bad. I had about as much fun playing it as MAG. It was quite empty. I mean I like the F2P Tribes game a bit better, but it wasn't terrible. 

a yo ho ho

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

The OP made a huge fanboy post cheering for Planet Side 2 and even called DUST out there too, so I doubt this guy knows nothing but he just has to "defend" PS2 against the imminent "threat" in DUST.

I'm playing PS2 atm and I love it btw, just no need to start spouting nonsense becouse of that.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

To sum it up, Dust 514 is a very crappy fps game. I had high hopes for it but after playing the beta I decided to pass on this one. There are much better fps games out there. I'm willing to bet they were relying on the "integration" with EvE to sell copies of Dust 514. Go ahead try it for yourself. I was unable to find anything about this game that was good. Everything felt rushed and low budget. This game is going to bomb sooo hard.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."