Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My carrot and it looks good:)

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Short video of my level 65 Ranger...never played an MMO with better variety of great looking non cap weapons/armor.  I know cosmetics aren't a big deal to many but between all the differn't skins and the dye system you can really create some amazing looking sets even at low levels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgXolN2Oexs&feature=youtu.be

haven't played as much as i'd like lately xcom has sucked a good amount of my time:P but really looking forward to see what's to come in the november update

When it comes to dyes and cosmetic fluff then LOTRO has GW2 beat hand down. The med armour in GW2 is a joke and is very limited, thank god you can dye your armour because without the dye system it would be very poor indeed.

Now as for non cap weapons/armour then Vanguard has it beat hands down again. You can do your first major dungon at level 8 and it will give you very nice red weapons and armour. The choice of weapons and armour kills GW2 dead and really shows how lacking the item choice in GW2 really is.

From level 10 once you have all your first armour sets in Vanguard you look better than you would at top level in GW2.

It's definitely without a doubt a matter of opinion.. I see toons that look amazing in their armor everywhere I go.  But I do love Vanguards also!  Well exept for the stupid ex devs that cut the midriff out of most of the female robes *grrr*

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by halflife25

You must be one of those few people then who like medium armor. Medium armor = long coats in GW2. Very few peices which are not long coats.

However in my opinion light clothig looks the best and has best variety and customization for your character. Even heavy armor is ok but medium armor is just ughhh... long  coats..long coats and more long coats.

Not all leather armor are coats. Duelist armor (and not my char, just a random pic from the net).

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Loke666

Not all leather armor are coats. Duelist armor (and not my char, just a random pic from the net).

No where i said all leather armor are coats. But i did say we need more variety in comparison to light sets.

And since medium armor have very few peices for variations. I see almost every lvl 80 female  thief running in duelist set. Its like being in world of clones.

Thief, engineer and rangers should not share same armor designs. Thats is why adding more variety would be nice from lvl 1 to 80.

When it comes to dyes and cosmetic fluff then LOTRO has GW2 beat hand down. The med armour in GW2 is a joke and is very limited, thank god you can dye your armour because without the dye system it would be very poor indeed.

Now as for non cap weapons/armour then Vanguard has it beat hands down again. You can do your first major dungon at level 8 and it will give you very nice red weapons and armour. The choice of weapons and armour kills GW2 dead and really shows how lacking the item choice in GW2 really is.

From level 10 once you have all your first armour sets in Vanguard you look better than you would at top level in GW2.

Duh, you are comparing Vanilla GW2 with LOTRO 5+ years after release. Of course Lotro have more skins. At launch it wasnt as impressing.

I dont agree with you about Vanguard, GW2s armors look way better except the blue vendortrash.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Short video of my level 65 Ranger...never played an MMO with better variety of great looking non cap weapons/armor.  I know cosmetics aren't a big deal to many but between all the differn't skins and the dye system you can really create some amazing looking sets even at low levels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgXolN2Oexs&feature=youtu.be

haven't played as much as i'd like lately xcom has sucked a good amount of my time:P but really looking forward to see what's to come in the november update

You'd probably have more time to play if you werent averaging 18+ posts per day.

Yes, thts pretty weird, putting posts in a forum. Wht will be the next thing? Praying at church? Learning at school? Some people are just downright excentric.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Pretty happy with my armor choices so far.

Then again, I haven't tried medium yet as I've only played Ele / War / Guard / Mes.

I agree light armor is the best in terms of customisation.

Heavy armor is more your 'cover everything' which is realistic but leaves little for customisation.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

No where i said all leather armor are coats. But i did say we need more variety in comparison to light sets.

Ah, sorry I kinda thought you implied that, my fault, monday morning...

But yes, we need more variety, but frankly do even cloth needs that, a few more bad@ss necro armors wouldnt hurt either.

The coolest theif armor is by far the human cultural T3 armor in my opinion.

Ah, sorry I kinda thought you implied that, my fault, monday morning...

But yes, we need more variety, but frankly do even cloth needs that, a few more bad@ss necro armors wouldnt hurt either.

That armor is why I went with a female human thief.. Can't wait for it!

Originally posted by jpnz

Pretty happy with my armor choices so far.

Then again, I haven't tried medium yet as I've only played Ele / War / Guard / Mes.

I agree light armor is the best in terms of customisation.

Heavy armor is more your 'cover everything' which is realistic but leaves little for customisation.

There are some a bit more revealing later in the game, but I guess a more experienced fighter actually needs less armor than a farmer who get a sword in his hand and are told he is a warrior now.

Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Loke666...

That armor is why I went with a female human thief.. Can't wait for it!

I want it to, but it is 55 gold just for the chest and leggings, and I waste the about 1:50 gold I get in most days on crafting and gear for my alts right now.

Funny enough couldnt I find a good picture of the male armor... I actually tried.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Female Human on all my chars cause my god, do armor on male (all races) suck.

That image above is borderline NSFW Loke666. :P

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz

Female Human on all my chars cause my god, do armor on male (all races) suck.

That image above is borderline NSFW Loke666. :P

Never watch Tera gear on your work then. ;D

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Duh, you are comparing Vanilla GW2 with LOTRO 5+ years after release. Of course Lotro have more skins. At launch it wasnt as impressing.

I dont agree with you about Vanguard, GW2s armors look way better except the blue vendortrash.

Five years or five weeks GW2 system is not that good and the games armour choices are naff.

Vanguard trumps GW2 in armour looks from early levels to late level.

Five years or five weeks GW2 system is not that good and the games armour choices are naff.

Give us a few examples of what you mean, please.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Funny enough couldnt I find a good picture of the male armor... I actually tried.

Miss?  We need fresh beers?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Have they added social armor slots yet or you still need t desroy a set to transmute the looks into another?
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I would love to see something a bit more blatantly Steampunk. Especailly for the Engineer. But as far as Med armor, I have to say, I like this look the best.....Minus the facemask.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I would love to see something a bit more blatantly Steampunk. Especailly for the Engineer. But as far as Med armor, I have to say, I like this look the best.....Minus the facemask.

really like that one:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

many other games have more overall sets even at their launch but as far as looks i haven't played a game i felt had as much of a variety of good looking armor sets even at lower levels

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Less than 2% of the players actually care about cosmetics, and P2W business model developers label you guys as peacocks.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by thinktank001
    Originally posted by Aerowyn Short video of my level 65 Ranger...never played an MMO with better variety of great looking non cap weapons/armor.  I know cosmetics aren't a big deal to many but between all the differn't skins and the dye system you can really create some amazing looking sets even at low levels  

Less than 2% of the players actually care about cosmetics

I know it's much to ask of a MMORPG forumite, but could you please provide me the source of that number?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I have an awesome steampunk mask that I'll try and remember to post a picture of it later.  I got it as a drop, but I'm trying to figure out if I have a recipe to make a skin that looks like it.

What would be really cool is if a crafter could deconstruct drops and learn the skin for a recipe and then choose the stats for each skin as it is crafted.

If I do come up with a crafted recipe for the steampunk goggles I would be more than happy to make them for you.  I'll try and look into this tonight.  Work has been crazy and I haven't got to play much for the last week or so.

BC is my favorite zone. I'd love to see armor that perfectly matches the "Retro-Tech" look and feel.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Finally got my sword and here are some pictures of my completed Main Character.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

My piccie.

Originally posted by thinktank001

Less than 2% of the players actually care about cosmetics, and P2W business model developers label you guys as peacocks.

Did you pull that number from your ass?  I'm guessing that you did..