Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My carrot and it looks good:)

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Short video of my level 65 Ranger...never played an MMO with better variety of great looking non cap weapons/armor.  I know cosmetics aren't a big deal to many but between all the differn't skins and the dye system you can really create some amazing looking sets even at low levels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgXolN2Oexs&feature=youtu.be

haven't played as much as i'd like lately xcom has sucked a good amount of my time:P but really looking forward to see what's to come in the november update

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Good little video! 

I kind of fell off the scene for a while taking an mmorpg break. I'm playing some Morroblivion but am going to get back into GW2 again.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Nice Video and love the look. You are right tho there is alot of ways to make armor look cool. I my self have been playing some SWTOR and Fallen Earth aswell. Spending most of the week in GW2 on weekends I play a mix of the 3 plus a little STO.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    That mask is pretty badass, among other parts of the outfit.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Not a fan of most of the 80 medium armors for my Thief...I took all my Exotic Emblazoned Berserker Armor (all I could find with stats i like), transmuted the skins off  lower level Duelist skin, cept the helm which I made another thief to get the anonymity hood off, and transmuted the emblazoned helm into that, and made 6 Wurm runes for it all after i capped leatherworker...Now it' scalled "Berserkers Duelist (Armor) of the Wurm" and I'm happpy with my look.         

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Berserk's Exalted, it looks ok but I am going to transmute to somethign else.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by sammyeli

Sammyeli your Asura looks stoned. What a weird smile.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Short video of my level 65 Ranger...never played an MMO with better variety of great looking non cap weapons/armor.  I know cosmetics aren't a big deal to many but between all the differn't skins and the dye system you can really create some amazing looking sets even at low levels

haven't played as much as i'd like lately xcom has sucked a good amount of my time:P but really looking forward to see what's to come in the november update

You'd probably have more time to play if you werent averaging 18+ posts per day.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

I was off work thought you knwo why not puff puff xD

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

I must say I find myself adorable 100% of the time.  All exotic knight armor that has been transmuted with a random assortment of gear, beserker bow that has been transmuted with the cultural tier 3 weapon for humans.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

I was off work thought you knwo why not puff puff xD

LOL:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Love this game for the same reasons. I have transmuted many a 80 item with lower level imagery. :) like the lense on one of the leather sets for my engineer's exotic emblazoned set.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

You'd probably have more time to play if you werent averaging 18+ posts per day.

That statement would hold more water if you take into account the ability of people to log into forums at work and not games. ;)

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

I don't have a picture unfortunately, but I have found a great combination.

Full Twilight Arbour light armour set in Oxblood and Bronze, Orrian Sceptre and Dagger and a transmuted Centaur Staff with the red flame out of the top. Alas the Centaur Sceptre has blue flame and didn't go with the ensemble....

My sylvari is blood red too so he looks positvely demonic in his gear - very happy with the deep level of skin customisation in the game - just a shame you can't dye weapons....

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

You must be one of those few people then who like medium armor. Medium armor = long coats in GW2. Very few peices which are not long coats.

However in my opinion light clothig looks the best and has best variety and customization for your character. Even heavy armor is ok but medium armor is just ughhh... long  coats..long coats and more long coats.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by halflife25

You must be one of those few people then who like medium armor. Medium armor = long coats in GW2. Very few peices which are not long coats.

However in my opinion light clothig looks the best and has best variety and customization for your character. Even heavy armor is ok but medium armor is just ughhh... long  coats..long coats and more long coats.

Try TA medium - long LEAVES... but no coats ;)

Originally posted by Caliburn101

Try TA medium - long LEAVES... but no coats ;)

Thanks ;) i don't mind looking like a 'plant' as long as i can avoid another long coat combo on my engineer.

Also, no self respecting thief would wear those heavy long coats..it will probably make too much noise and get the poor thief caught every time. lol

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Long coates are the only way to make medium/leather armor look good imo.  I absolutely hated how terrible leather looked in Rift and most games when they're not long. 

Originally posted by Alders

Long coates are the only way to make medium/leather armor look good imo.  I absolutely hated how terrible leather looked in Rift and most games when they're not long. 

Yeah but when you see thief, engineer and rangers all in long coats it kills the varity or any sense of indivduality for class. I actually like couple of long coat peices but compared to light armor, the variety in medium is lacking.

I would like to have some actualy steam punk armor for my Engineer though so that he actually looks like an egineer and not a thief. Something like this for enginee would look awesome.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    I hear alot of whining on how armor has no variation etc. The thing in GW2 is that you can have 500 different dyes to colour your armor, there's a few thousands if not more different ways to colour your armour. Colours in GW2 really changes how your armour look, it can go from "fucking ugly" to "amazing!". Also, you can mix different pieces of armour from different armour sets and make it look really cool. If you don't like the Arah heavy set, mix it with CoF or Dredge armour for example and use the colours that fits best.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    I hear alot of whining on how armor has no variation etc. The thing in GW2 is that you can have 500 different dyes to colour your armor, there's a few thousands if not more different ways to colour your armour. Colours in GW2 really changes how your armour look, it can go from "fucking ugly" to "amazing!". Also, you can mix different pieces of armour from different armour sets and make it look really cool. If you don't like the Arah heavy set, mix it with CoF or Dredge armour for example and use the colours that fits best.

Ehmm who is whining? or just trying to stir up shit here because you don't like a peaceful topic for a change?  as far as medium armor is concerned. It is true that very few peices offer variations. Most of it is long over coats. A long coat is a long coat whether it is pink, red or yellow. We are talking about actualy design and not about the colors. Currently medium armor doesn't even go wo with the class for example engineer and thieves.

GW1 had best varity for medium armor and it is a shame devs didn't follow armor design from GW1.

As others said. light armor has the best varity and my mesmser looks different than say ELE and Necro.

Originally posted by Alders

Not the only way. If you haven't played GW1, give it a look. It has best medium armor and i love that rangers actally look like rangers in GW1. One could easiy tell them apart from assasin. In GW2 all three medium classes look the same.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

I just got some level 50 armor for my thief and I love it!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

That is what my egineer is wearing at lvl 80... lol

I transmuted my rare armor to look like this.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

That is what my egineer is wearing at lvl 80... lol

I transmuted my rare armor to look like this.

Yeah I'll probably do the same. I just thought of what it reminded me of.. Have you ever seen the anime Trigun? His clothes look pretty similar.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

When it comes to dyes and cosmetic fluff then LOTRO has GW2 beat hand down. The med armour in GW2 is a joke and is very limited, thank god you can dye your armour because without the dye system it would be very poor indeed.

Now as for non cap weapons/armour then Vanguard has it beat hands down again. You can do your first major dungon at level 8 and it will give you very nice red weapons and armour. The choice of weapons and armour kills GW2 dead and really shows how lacking the item choice in GW2 really is.

From level 10 once you have all your first armour sets in Vanguard you look better than you would at top level in GW2.