Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planning on getting Dark Fall Unholy Wars, but a couple of questions.

white_wolf22white_wolf22 Knoxville, TNMember Posts: 17

The more I've read about this game the more it seem like something I'd like to try.  I just have a few questions though.

1.  Do I need to buy the orginal Darkfall to play or will be able to simply download Unholy Wars from Aventurine's website?

2.  Is there a decent RP community in the game? I'm a pretty big RPer and would like to know if there is a decent sized RP community in the game.  

Thanks for any answers.  

Comments

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIMember Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by white_wolf22
    The more I've read about this game the more it seem like something I'd like to try.  I just have a few questions though. 1.  Do I need to buy the orginal Darkfall to play or will be able to simply download Unholy Wars from Aventurine's website? 2.  Is there a decent RP community in the game? I'm a pretty big RPer and would like to know if there is a decent sized RP community in the game.   Thanks for any answers.  

    1.   UW will be free, minus monthly fee for those that have already purchased Darkfall.  You can no longer buy Darkfall and no information regarding UW sales.

    2.  RP was never my thing, no clue

  • coprhead6coprhead6 Nashville, TNMember Posts: 7

    PM'ed you.

     

      RP will dominate. 

     

    That is all. 

  • Proton37Proton37 Edmonton, ABMember Posts: 7

    Why is there so little info on the official site ? theres like 4 screeen shots and really nothing about the game.

    Seems the #1 hyped game on this site should have more information avaible, how are new players suppose to feel this company is professional and able to build a good game with imagination and fun , when the website seems very lazy.

  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfMember Posts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Proton37
    Why is there so little info on the official site ? theres like 4 screeen shots and really nothing about the game. Seems the #1 hyped game on this site should have more information avaible, how are new players suppose to feel this company is professional and able to build a good game with imagination and fun , when the website seems very lazy.

     

    You will never get info from this company. Even if there pieces of info spread around , you will never get the whole picture and whats more confusing, many announcements are missleading and what they said 1 month ago could be already wrong.

    Don't trust announcements and info on their official site.

    You need to trust the playerbase and our posts in these forums..

    I know how weird this sounds but thats how AV is working and what experience with AV teached me..

    -----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

    "There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranMember Posts: 4,505 Uncommon
    Originally posted by white_wolf22
    The more I've read about this game the more it seem like something I'd like to try.  I just have a few questions though. 1.  Do I need to buy the orginal Darkfall to play or will be able to simply download Unholy Wars from Aventurine's website? 2.  Is there a decent RP community in the game? I'm a pretty big RPer and would like to know if there is a decent sized RP community in the game.   Thanks for any answers.  

    1. You cant currently buy the origional Darkfall. If you already had a Darkfall account you dont need to buy DW:UW. If you dont currently own darkfall then you will need to buy DW:UW but we currently have no info on that at all.

     

    2. Some guilds to like to RP but the majority dont.. Still looks like someone PMd you about that anyway.

  • mcrippinsmcrippins Dallas, TXMember Posts: 1,188 Uncommon
    Yeah i'm really interested in giving this game a shot too. I'm just turned off by the whole class thing they seem to be coming out with, but maybe it's a good thing. I'd rather just have 'X' amount of skill points and be able to allocate them however. Guess we will find out. I never played the original DF.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfMember Posts: 4,333
    Originally posted by afropuff420
    Yeah i'm really interested in giving this game a shot too. I'm just turned off by the whole class thing they seem to be coming out with, but maybe it's a good thing. I'd rather just have 'X' amount of skill points and be able to allocate them however. Guess we will find out. I never played the original DF.

    Its not that static like classes. There will be roles you can switch with a rather short cooldown. You can "grind out" all of them and have them at your disposal just can use one of them at a time.

    The original DF didn't had any limitation  to skill use.

    -----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

    "There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIMember Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by afropuff420
    Yeah i'm really interested in giving this game a shot too. I'm just turned off by the whole class thing they seem to be coming out with, but maybe it's a good thing. I'd rather just have 'X' amount of skill points and be able to allocate them however. Guess we will find out. I never played the original DF.

    The variable role thing is a positive step in my opionion, having a set number of skill points (UO style) would only lock you into 1 role.  You only get ONE character in Darkfall, so having a bit of flexibility in what type character you play is a plus.
     

  • apocolusterapocoluster newport news, VAMember Posts: 1,326 Uncommon
    Professional victim here..where do I sign up  :)

    No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIMember Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

    You need to trust the playerbase and our posts in these forums..  

    Please tell me youre joking.  Theres a whole lot of imagearound here.

Sign In or Register to comment.