Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM has terrible Moderators

jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Seriously this site has to have the worst moderators, Banned for Sarcasm? Banned for Making logical points? Banned for Bringing to light the continued hypocrisy of people supporting bad developers?

This community has never been the best ill be the first to admit that. But Back in the day when I first joined it was alot simplier. There was basically two groups, People Who believed Darkfall would release and people who didnt. Thats what everyone argued about, and it was stupid but at least it was fun because it was just a big free for all.

Now the market is oversaturated with bad MMOs and its not only killing the genre but the small community MMO's once had. And the reviews on this site have gone the same route with their praise of horrible non-innovative MMO's.

Stop banning the intelligent members of your community who are providing a different outlook than "YAYITSANMMO!" and who are actually trying to advance the genre and make it better. Im sick of MMORPG catering to whining linear-themepark heros who like to defend an idea thats been done a thousand times.

Seriously what makes you standout for defending a concept thats been thrown around more than the word "WoW-Clone" on this site?

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    You have now been banned for making a thread complaining about being banned
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262
    Originally posted by Tiller
    Banned for making a thread complaining about being banned

*Claps*

Yes! The first in a series of posts that avoid the point I made and continue to bask in the glory of a themepark run MMORPG site! Way to go guys! 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Just to add, most of the moderators are just average people like yourself, thing is they have been known to take things wrong. I got warned on this site by a mod here that I knew outside this site once... xD

You can question the moderators actions through the appropriate channels, just saying.                      

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Do you really think they ban you cause you dont like themeparks?

I dont rally mind being banned, the only cool person on this site was Amazing Avery, since hes been gone the sites gone to hell.

I blame AOC

Originally posted by freston

Yes. alot of other people have been talking about how many of us sandbox fans have been getting the banhammer lately.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i found most of the time if you send them an email explaining the situation they will look into it and correct it.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by freston

Haha, that made me laugh.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

The rules are super strict here, then again I don't blame MMORPG for that, it's the soccer moms who go on a tirade when they see the minor thing wrong with the internet.

Before the internet became mainstream, you could say anything.

Forums tend to moderate themselves anyway so I don't know why mods are needed most of the time.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I used to be a frequent flyer on the "ban wagon", but they finally broke me. I now go with the flow and ask myself "does this post have the potential of being frowned upon?" before I post anything.

After looking back on all of my past infractions, I saw that I deserved the majority of my incurred infractions.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. They let the Darkfall threads get pretty awful before they carpet bomb the whole thing.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Can you provide examples? I see no evidence at all, just opinion.

I've recieved several warnings myself but typically I assumed was auto-responses from people tripping the flag. If that is true it makes sense because I flame idiots who say some of the most offensive things I have ever read that globally insults entire sections of the reader base ... yet I am the one warned so go figure. My one complaint is that asshats seem to be able to say what ever they want yet when you point out there idiocy you get the slap.

I still believe the majority of bans are vaild with the fault on the poster but there is a trend here where popular yet insulting stereotypes seem to allowed to persist yet pointing out the repeated ignorances of these people gets you in trouble and not them.

You stay sassy!

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

I used to be a frequent flyer on the "ban wagon", but they finally broke me. I now go with the flow and ask myself "does this post have the potential of being frowned upon?" before I post anything.

After looking back on all of my past infractions, I saw that I deserved the majority of my incurred infractions.

^this

In hindsight, all of my bans were well deserved. Not that I would change anything I said, mind you.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by Tamanous

Can you provide examples? I see no evidence at all, just opinion.

I've recieved several warnings myself but typically I assumed was auto-responses from people tripping the flag. If that is true it makes sense because I flame idiots who say some of the most offensive things I have ever read that globally insults entire sections of the reader base ... yet I am the one warned so go figure. My one complaint is that asshats seem to be able to say what ever they want yet when you point out there idiocy you get the slap.

I still beleive the majority of bans are vaild with the fault on the poster but there is a trend here where popular yet insulting stereotypes seem to allowed to persist yet pointing out the repeated ignorances of these people gets you in trouble and not them.

Im sorry but Ive been banned for Sarcasm fan too many times. I use sarcasm in my arguments as a tool to show how rediculous the other poster sounds, playing off their own ignorance, but yet I get banned. 

Sarcasm should never be ban worthy sorry, especially when its the basis for American Comedy and Satire.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

The rules are super strict here???

Buh?  Not particularly.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Seriously this site has to have the worst moderators, Banned for Sarcasm? Banned for Making logical points? Banned for Bringing to light the continued hypocrisy of people supporting bad developers?

This community has never been the best ill be the first to admit that. But Back in the day when I first joined it was alot simplier. There was basically two groups, People Who believed Darkfall would release and people who didnt. Thats what everyone argued about, and it was stupid but at least it was fun because it was just a big free for all.

Now the market is oversaturated with bad MMOs and its not only killing the genre but the small community MMO's once had. And the reviews on this site have gone the same route with their praise of horrible non-innovative MMO's.

Stop banning the intelligent members of your community who are providing a different outlook than "YAYITSANMMO!" and who are actually trying to advance the genre and make it better. Im sick of MMORPG catering to whining linear-themepark heros who like to defend an idea thats been done a thousand times.

Seriously what makes you standout for defending a concept thats been thrown around more than the word "WoW-Clone" on this site?

I have criticized games, heck I've criticized entire fanbases of games, and never gotten modded.  So, I'm not really sure what to say as I can't really relate to the anger you are expressing.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Never been banned. Then again, I've never been rude to someone here. Sarcasm doesn't help you get your point across. It only serves to aggravate the other party, who will in turn reply sarcastically. In the end both of you would have accomplished nothing but pollute the thread with negative vibes.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Tiller

Just to add, most of the moderators are just average people like yourself, thing is they have been known to take things wrong. I got warned on this site by a mod here that I knew outside this site once... xD

You can question the moderators actions through the appropriate channels, just saying.                      

So people connect with the mods outside of the forum and could get people banned for wrongful corrupt reason, is it?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• DeathByCactusDeathByCactus Member Posts: 36
    The way this site is moderated is the reason why I now run an ad blocker. I originally stood up for them, but I can't any longer. I figure they can have their moderation and I will do what I can to prevent their revenue.
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Never been banned. Then again, I've never been rude to someone here. Sarcasm doesn't help you get your point across. It only serves to aggravate the other party, who will in turn reply sarcastically. In the end both of you would have accomplished nothing but pollute the thread with negative vibes.

I honestly have seen very few "Good Vibes" on this site in the past year. Its basically been Linear Themepark fans complaining about sandbox fans complaining.

THe point is sandbox fans should be allowed to complain because we have 0 games to play, and themepark fans dont make it any easier by supporting games like SWTOR, ESO, and other failures.

I wouldnt have a problem with themepark fans if they had good games to play but there hasnt been a good Themepark since the days when EQ2 and WoW were just being released as the two biggest MMO's. Which is why i dont know why they defend crap and then dont even end up playing it. Seriously look at all the people who defend all these games, where are they now?

WAR tanked, TOR tanked, yet we still have people defending an outdated and overplayed model, I just dont get it. And then we have the moderators here banning everyone who says something against them, its just annoying for what could be a decent community.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
     In the end both of you would have accomplished nothing but pollute the thread with negative vibes.

You tell it dude!

Like, peace out man. 

You stay sassy!

• DeathByCactusDeathByCactus Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by jiveturkey12

I honestly have seen very few "Good Vibes" on this site in the past year. Its basically been Linear Themepark fans complaining about sandbox fans complaining.

THe point is sandbox fans should be allowed to complain because we have 0 games to play, and themepark fans dont make it any easier by supporting games like SWTOR, ESO, and other failures.

I wouldnt have a problem with themepark fans if they had good games to play but there hasnt been a good Themepark since the days when EQ2 and WoW were just being released as the two biggest MMO's. Which is why i dont know why they defend crap and then dont even end up playing it. Seriously look at all the people who defend all these games, where are they now?

WAR tanked, TOR tanked, yet we still have people defending an outdated and overplayed model, I just dont get it. And then we have the moderators here banning everyone who says something against them, its just annoying for what could be a decent community.

Where is my like button?

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Ah, it's another "I got banned/warned so I'll show them!" thread.   Classic!

To everyone else that may ever be warned/banned, MMORPG.com has a clearly stated appeal process if a person feels they have been warned/banned wrongly - [email protected].  Use it ... it does work.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

Ah, it's another "I got banned/warned so I'll show them!" thread.   Classic!

To everyone else that may ever be warned/banned, MMORPG.com has a clearly stated appeal process if a person feels they have been warned/banned wrongly - [email protected].  Use it ... it does work.

It actually goes even beyond this, but I really don't want to get into another themepark vs. sandbox thread, as this has been discussed/argued about more than any other topic on these forums.

The OP actually appears to have masterfully hidden yet another sandbox vs. themepark thread in the guise of a complaint on moderation thread.  Which is really not the best of choices considering the topic is one almost guaranteed to get modded.  It would be amusing if it weren't such an odd choice.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by DeathByCactus
    The way this site is moderated is the reason why I now run an ad blocker. I originally stood up for them, but I can't any longer. I figure they can have their moderation and I will do what I can to prevent their revenue.

I don't go online without having my ad blocker turned on, I clicked on an ad  (not on MMORPG mind you) and got a trojan through a javascript expoit it was I believe, I have DNT and AdBlock turned on.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I've been suspended quite a few times.  Most times I deserved it.  Frankly, people are idiots and I feel that it is my duty to inform them of their idiocy.  A COUPLE of times, I've sent MikeB an email afterwards protesting it.  I think once or twice it worked in my favor.

Since then, I just don't rock the boat.  People are still idiots and telling them so doesn't seem to fix it.  Kids don't learn, people continue to whine and complain, trolls troll and the world continues spinning.

This discussion has been closed.