Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attack of bots!

2»

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

wow thats a huge raid parties worth haha..

Ive only seen groups of 5 at most.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by botrytis

Many bots mean that people ARE BUYING gold  - no buying gold or dead game means the botters move on.

To me that is a bad thing, [mod edit]

Reasons being...

1) Buying gold to buy commander and put that annoying icon on the map and also be a retard in WvW.

2) GW2 has very little endgame as it is, these people buy gold buy full exotics, commander and then realize...now what?

3) Gold buying de-values Anets gem shop losing them money.

[mod edit]

For reason number 3, you'd think Arenet would be all over banning the bots, since they cut into their profits. I don't think they really know how to handle it, honestly. When it comes to a buy to play game like GW2 I don't care who buys gold, Arenanet has a cash shop so I could care less if someone else is making money. I've never played a buy to play game where there wasn't massive botting. With subscription games I see it a lot less. With GW2 though I don't know why anyone would need gold, heck there's nothing to buy at level 80 really, it's quite boring.

Banning bots wouldn't really cut into their profits.  They aren't loosing a sub, and they've already received payment for the purchase of the game.  The only thing that can be "argued" is that they lose out on potential cash shop purchases...  from bots.

You make me like charity

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm so glad the botters setled on Bearangers as their chosen farmer class. In the early days I used to see many more Scepter/Torch Guardians doing it than any other class. I don't feel like I have to explain myself anymore when I'm playing on my 80 Guardian.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Bots run in packs usually 4-5+ but as few as 2. I logged back in last evening (the upcoming mid-Nov content has me at least interested). In the human 1-17 zone since last night I have noted/seen more than 25 individual accounts that are botting. a couple of hours ago I moved on to the 15-25 (Kessex Hill) zones and immediate ran into 2 different groups of 5+

ANet may be banning them but they are coming back in like weeds. It's all well and good to say 'keep reporting them' but after a while (I've been reporting them since week 1) you stop bothering to 'help' in any way, even if it is as simple as filing a report. Why bother, you have to ask. 2 months in and it still isn't under control.

Actually it was rather amusing. Talking about bots is one of the few hot button topics in map chats that 'generally' cause more than 1 or 2 people to come out of the woodwork and chat in General.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    looks about right...lol. Nekkid females, check. One million ranger pets, check....LOL

so true! lol look for all the rangers grouped together and their pets

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Wanna know how to troll bots? Drop a Mad Kings table down, or witch cauldron and they get stuck there since they have auto loot macro running.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Tiller
    Wanna know how to troll bots? Drop a Mad Kings table down, or witch cauldron and they get stuck there since they have auto loot macro running.

LOL +1

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503

Is there any non-halloween way to troll them?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    We've all seen them and they are annoying.  Can't wait for them to get the new tech up and running to detect this garbage.

image image

Originally posted by Baseline

haven't see one, I never however see any in Orr LOL hmm wonder why.

Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    We've all seen them and they are annoying.  Can't wait for them to get the new tech up and running to detect this garbage.

Begs the question how a company like this goes live without that technology in place from the get go...

Didn't Aion teach them anything? :/

That is even more surprising considering Ncsoft  and Anet had good experince with botting in GW1.

Even now in GW1, you can see one or 2 bots. Same with Rift. So, no technology is ever 100% bot proof.

Currently i am playing GW2 so i am concerned with GW2. You can name other 20 MMOS with bot problems but i could care less. If other X MMO had bots doesn't make the problem in GW2 any less relevant.

They should have added bots' to their list of  'nuisances ol old MMOS being  rid by GW2' in manifesto video. 

Can you imagine the fun you'll have in a sandbox game when hackers and asshats can effect everything you do ?

Can't wait to see this in EQnext and ArcheAge and WuShu. Notably is EQNext has forced pvp like most sandboxes do. Whoa what a storm of complaint threads we'll see then!

Oh and just for FYI's sake to those concerned, WoW still has gold farmers and bots and it's 7 years old. :) they are less noticable now then right before the launch of Cata when they added teleporting code that the farmers and bots were exploiting in order to fly everywhere without a mount but they are still there. It's a genre wide problem and Anet is working on it be patient.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Begs the question how a company like this goes live without that technology in place from the get go...

Didn't Aion teach them anything? :/

That is even more surprising considering Ncsoft  and Anet had good experince with botting in GW1.

Even now in GW1, you can see one or 2 bots. Same with Rift. So, no technology is ever 100% bot proof.

Currently i am playing GW2 so i am concerned with GW2. You can name other 20 MMOS with bot problems but i could care less. If other X MMO had bots doesn't make the problem in GW2 any less relevant.

They should have added bots' to their list of  'nuisances ol old MMOS being  rid by GW2' in manifesto video. 

Can you imagine the fun you'll have in a sandbox game when hackers and asshats can effect everything you do ?

Can't wait to see this in EQnext and ArcheAge and WuShu. Notably is EQNext has forced pvp like most sandboxes do. Whoa what a storm of complaint threads we'll see then!

Oh and just for FYI's sake to those concerned, WoW still has gold farmers and bots and it's 7 years old. :) they are less noticable now then right before the launch of Cata when they added teleporting code that the farmers and bots were exploiting in order to fly everywhere without a mount but they are still there. It's a genre wide problem and Anet is working on it be patient.

Ahh another one of those...'X' game  has this problem so somehow it is ok if GW2 has it too. Funny how "x" game is only brought in question when fans want to hide legitimate issues plaguing GW2. otherwise any comparisons with 'x' game are forbidden.

Convenient ehh? and wasn"t GW2 meant to solve all the problems plaguing older MMOS and bring paradigm shift in genre?? guess they forgot to add botting to their manifesto.

Where are you getting you info about EQ next being forced PVP? care to share link with rest of us?

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

If one's a mesmer, one could put down a portal entre near to them and have the exit near something nasty - might have to get lucky with the timing and their movement, however.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Eudaimon

If one's a mesmer, one could put down a portal entre near to them and have the exit near something nasty - might have to get lucky with the timing and their movement, however.

They might never notice, because after death they ress at the teleportation stone belonging to their route.

But then i might really try this, as it will be amusing to see what happens.

So far i made reporting bots my duty, they mostly seem to belong to goldformers as they have really bad names like drss AND FGGGT

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Originally posted by itgrowls

haven't see one, I never however see any in Orr LOL hmm wonder why.

I have, plenty :-/

I've seen them rez each other, or after they die they spawn at nearest wp and just run back.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter