Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't really see why people like this gam so much

13»

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

A game finaly packed with crafting, homes, player cities, open world, exploration, and not being led around on a leash..............kind of hard not to like the concept of this game. No game in the past 8+ years has been released with even half the features in this game. Something i have been missing and went from a hardcore mmo fanatic to i havent played a mmo in a year+ now because of the garbage being released that all the same with different eye candy.

Yeah im excited for AA to be released. The repopulation looks promising as well.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Originally posted by SlyLoK
    Originally posted by Mardukk

It will be one of the first Sandparks.  Basically a themepark with a lot more freedom.  I don't think it's hype it's more hope that it will work, as it will be the first of it's kind.

My only concern is that the combat will be WoW type combat.  I think GW2 (and even TSW) nailed MMO combat and it will be tough going back to WoW style.

GW2 has terrible combat IMO.. 

Well it's certainly more interesting than WoW combat (talking solo PvE).  Maybe if WoW added a dodge/evade mechanic it would be ok.  Maybe AA will add this?  

I would put up with quest hubs and WoW combat for some of the systems this game is said to have.  

People that argue against  wanting more freedom perplex me.  Hell, I would even put up with PvP if it actually meant something.  Let me ruin faction by killing my own guards or players, give me the freedom to be an idiot but have consequences in place for those actions.  Things like this are why I'm excited for this game.

Hm... I don't know. In WoW, as a Monk, there is a rolling mechanic that works great, and other big movement abilities, and there's a lot more to do and get used to in combat. GW2's combat system is far too simplistic and it bored me to tears, not to mention how the feeling of progression is kinda weird and in no way exciting -- which is why I went back to WoW and have been loving it again.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

ONE WORD:  FREEDOM

FREEDOM is why people are hyped up about it. It looks more like a "world" than a "game".

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Orious
    ONE WORD:  FREEDOM  FREEDOM is why people are hyped up about it. It looks more like a "world" than a "game".

Speaking of which, I'd do some really, really, really bad things for a halfway well done, 3D Fallout-themed MMO.

Scavenging, exploring ruins for dungeons, small wars over a local water source or weapons cache, etc etc the possibilities are endless with that kind of setting and lore. I don't think there are any companies competent enough to pull it off now though.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

I'll just drop a feature list and let you decide...

1. Player Created Content
    2. Castle/City/Village/Town Sieging/Taking Over
    3. Ships (small and large)
    4. Ship content
    5. Completely open world
    6. Emphasis on crafters
    7. Partial Looting (You carry large crafting materials for towns and villages, keep walls, etc. on your back if you are killed with those on your back they can be picked up by other players with the same restrictions)
    8. Faction Creation
    9. Jailing System
    10. Gliders ****** This one is amazing, you won't know how amazing until you have done it yourself in AA
    11. Being able to completely change the world around you... (Barren area turned into a forest)
    12. FFA PvP (If you kill someone of the same faction as you on the starting continents you can be imprisoned with large debuffs)
    13. A whole continent that players can take over
    14. Working weather system (was pretty amazing in beta to be sailing with my ship to see the sky darken and a storm rolling in from the distance..Lightning striking the water etc.)
    15. Emphasis on Community play (through game design with sieging, and alliances)
    16. Player created Factions
    17. Amazing Character Creator (Very Indepth, you can place scars on your face and actually arrange where you want it located on your face/how big you want the scar as an example)
    18. Class/Ability System is very very open. You can mix and match whatever you want pretty much. Want to be a Song Slinging Necromancer Two handed axe wielding magician? Go for it.  
    Basics of the ability/class system are, you chose three archetypes Combat/Will/Conjury/Wild/Fortification/Devotion/Death/Vocation/Artistry/Magic....so 10 to choose from. Then you have talents tree's for each of those. Once you hit level 50 you can choose any ability in the tree to put on your skillbar. It isn't restricted, so say you want the level 50 ability in the Death tree, but dont want any other abilities. You don't have to "Go Up the Tree" to get to that ability. You just use one of your points, grab that ability and move on to whatever you want in the other tree's. No restrictions there. We aren't sure how many points you will have to spend since it has changed a few times throughout the beta's. 

Your also not restricted at all by what your character wears or wields as weapons. Your character can be a heavy armor wearing mage, or a cloth wearing tank. It all comes down to preference. Obviously there are negatives to being a cloth tank (less defense etc). But you aren't limited. 

Jake Song and XLGames are constantly dropping new information on what they are putting in the game as well. Like the over and underachiever. Certain quests you can overcomplete 15/10 on killing cranes, or 7/10 if you didn't like the quest and still turn it in. 

The Kraken that roams around in the ocean is pretty interesting to come across, can take an entire fleet of unprepared ships down. 

~~~~~~~

Well that turned into a long post. But I had a seriously great time playing the last beta. More so than I have playing any other MMO in the past 8 or so  years. Thats saying something because I didn't understand hardly anything when it came to story or quest text etc. since it was all in Korean. 

As you can see I am seriously looking forward to this game and if you have any questions on it I would be glad to take a stab at answering them. Next Beta my guildy and me will be streaming the beta again so if you are really interested in it stay tuned for that. I'm sure he will drop a message in the AA forums letting everyone know when we stream it, so look for that in Dec. of this year. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by Keylogger

Speaking of which, I'd do some really, really, really bad things for a halfway well done, 3D Fallout-themed MMO.

Scavenging, exploring ruins for dungeons, small wars over a local water source or weapons cache, etc etc the possibilities are endless with that kind of setting and lore. I don't think there are any companies competent enough to pull it off now though.

What was wrong with Fallen Earth?

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

A world created and maintained by players.
    Lands at war and lands taken away from you.
    Politics and alliance's protecting lands
    Navy wars / sieges / close combat.

It has many features wich good be epic, but we have to wait and see how this one turns out like any mmo.
    Of all mmo's that came out the last 6 years only 2 where worth my time, GW2 / Rift and i din tplay rift that long.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by versulas
    Originally posted by Keylogger Speaking of which, I'd do some really, really, really bad things for a halfway well done, 3D Fallout-themed MMO. Scavenging, exploring ruins for dungeons, small wars over a local water source or weapons cache, etc etc the possibilities are endless with that kind of setting and lore. I don't think there are any companies competent enough to pull it off now though.
    What was wrong with Fallen Earth?

Everything but the setting.

Combat, crafting, itemization, graphics, progression...