Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphically speaking which game is best (opinion poll)

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Ok not everyone likes every game for gameplay reasons. However for graphics what is the best looking  game around  graphically speaking in your opinion? I have listed several here in the poll if  your game of choice is not listed just check other and let us know below.

ohh please keep this to MMORPGS?

i chose TERA myself even as amazed as I am with GW2 currently. TERA was aabsolutely jaw dropping.

Comments

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Say what you want about it, but GW2 is PRETTY. So much to look at too.
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Lol sorry about the typos I'm on my iPad.
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    I vanguard the best still. Vindictus for combat.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    GW2 looks amazing.
  • AzzatakyAzzataky Member UncommonPosts: 208
    EvE imo.

Played: Lineage 2,Guild Wars 1 and 2, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, EvE online
    Tried: KAL Online, Face of Mankind, ROSE online
    Playing: CS:GO

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

ive tried everthing on the market...

but darkfall online is the best..

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Tera has a great artystyle imho and great monster design but for me you need great aesthetics and graphics to make a great looking game.. and for me GW2 blows TERA away in aesthetics...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Graphically speaking. Final Fantasy 14 is probably the best imo. When EQ2 first came out it was insanely good, but is dated now, still good on maximum though.

Killing dragons is my shit

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

Man people don't know how to read in this thread. or someone really thinks darkfall has the best graphics O_o

Anyway I also think Tera is the most graphicaly pleasing mmorpg to date. The first time you ride that unicorn thingy to the hub city you go wow.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Ff 14 overall best.

GW2 in variety. It feels like on 1 map there are more assets and textures than is some whole games.

• sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68

Where is Vanguard, Eve, Darkfall?????

These games are bvetter than all of those

• Dony07Dony07 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Well i've played them all and i have to agree with you when you said TERA has the best graphics by far.

Too bad TERA has a shitty PVP system because that game had alot of potential.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I Voted GW2.

Not that is the game with "the better graphics" technically speaking....

but it´s artwork design is unbeliavable!!! It looks simply awesome.

Honorable mention to TERA  though!

GW2

imageimageimage

TERA

imageimageimage

Pretty sweeet graphics both! ;)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Tsw
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    I kinda figured this would go to GW2 due to it having such a large player base and it is an absolutely amazing world..however I figure most have t really seen TERA
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Might not like the game but I have seen some of the most stunning views on GW2, it's simply amazing looking. I don't have top notch gcard either so i can imagine what it looks like on those machines. Broken up sunbeams, waterfalls that don't have odd geometric shapes in them, water that actually LOOKS like water especially the muck that is along the edge of the water, even swamp water was awesome to look at. Trees and foliage that looks realistic, none of these cookie cutter trees all over. I've seen people post pics of Tera and gotta say, there's some clear indicators of artificialness in those pics. the same size/shape plants that stop suddenly in a specific mathematical spot for example, and the way the wood looks on the trees looks like it has too much contrast and not enough realism. It's like looking at an altered photograph. most of life isn't like that. GW2 does life really well.

Can't wait to fish in this game.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I don't understand why you put WoW and SW:TOR in that list. Both games have inferior graphic engines, for clearly stated reasons of being able to play on any kind of toaster with a graphics chip.

I'd give the crown of the best graphics to TSW for best use of DX11 in general and especially tesselation.

Artistically, you can find a lot of different games that are doing a good job, some of them more consistently than others. Again, I think TSW is close to the top on that department as well and the art style does give the eerie feeling of a horror setting.

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

a good help engine prog is the

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbra_Software

see the games that suports.

and dont give attention to dx11, all dx are 2% worth in graphs

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Only because most developers use a miniscule of the DX11 capabilities (mostly what has to do with water).
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

People voting for GW2 reminds me people voting for Aion while back when it was released in west...unable to distinguish the difference between art and graphics.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Xasapis
    Only because most developers use a miniscule of the DX11 capabilities (mostly what has to do with water).

Do you have to be a working artist to value art style above "utilizes the latest DX gimmicks"?

I mean, Photoshop adds new tools/filters every year...but any work that tried to incorporate every one would be pretty hideous.

And the game design world has sported some pretty hideous GPU-driven 'trends'.  DarkityDarkyDark, BloomOverload, ParticleShowersEverywhere?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455

FFXIV has the best graphics. Both in art direction and in the general feel of the zones, it is amazing. The forests actually have canopies that cover you, and you feel the grit and grime of the desert regions. On top of this, the character armor models have very unique angles to them. It's a shame about its fall, but hopefully "A Realm Reborn" will be a true rebirth of this series.

All the preceeding was opinion.

Fact: I hope PvP doesn't ruin the experience.

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66
    FFXIV has the most extensive graphics of any MMO to date. Unfortunately, thats all it had.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

EVE

Out of the listed I voted Tera but GW2 comes close. However I think that GW2 has better environments.

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283
    I voted for GW2.