Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Are you a clicker?

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
I saw a statement in another thread that claimed clickers have left the game. Is this true?
"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437
    I read this as "licker" and got intrigued, but then disappointed...at my own eyes mostly

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by lalartu
    I read this as "licker" and got intrigued, but then disappointed...at my own eyes mostly

lulz, don't be. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Um, if you're looking for any correlation between clicking and leaving the game, you need to include options for people who don't click and still play, and people who don't click and left the game.  

But even then, any poll here is saturated in a few different biases anyway.  (Ie. people who seem to take it upon their shoulders to defend their game, and therefore click anything that may indicate the game is still going strong; and vice versa, the players who take it upon their shoulders to bash the game, and therefore click anything that may indicate the game is failing.) 

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    What? i have no idea why clickers would leave the game. I am a clicker and doing great in PVP.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    The only reason I'm able to be a nonclicker in this game is my Naga..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    I'm a clicker/mouse hybrid player.  I left GW2 but not because of how I use my abilities.  If anything I found GW2 easier to click my skills than any other game to date.  I left due to lack of systems in endgame and no longevity to the game.
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I had to remap a few keys to minimize clicking, but still do a bit of it.  Traits, mostly.  They're too far from WASD for me.  My wife's a clicker, though.  Somehow she does ok.  Kinda.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    What is a "clicker"?
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    What is a "clicker"?

Someone who clicks the UI skills with their mouse.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by elocke
    I'm a clicker/mouse hybrid player.  I left GW2 but not because of how I use my abilities.  If anything I found GW2 easier to click my skills than any other game to date.  I left due to lack of systems in endgame and no longevity to the game.

I'm not sure how...

personally, I used to be a clicker, but GW2 forced me out of it, hehe. Now I get frustrated whenever I'm playing GW2 at a computer that doesn't have any mous ebuttons higher than 3 on it, which is way more often than it should be.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Is this SERIOUS?

What difference does it make whether you're a clicker or not?

I don't see how that would impact somebody's decision to leave or stay with GW2.

Is it difficult for clickers somehow? Or have I got it the wrong way around?

Personally I use both styles depending on whether I'm eating pizza or have a can of beer in one hand. It works either way for me.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I know two people that stopped clicking after playing GW2.. and they are better for it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I totally thought that was a d in the title, not a cl

I click 8,9,0 in casual play because I really don't have to click on anything else during PvE, and the mouse stays close enough. In PvP I never click. I plan on purchasing a gameboard to eliminate the cross keyboard stretch.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

+1 Best gaming purchase I've made.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    What is a "clicker"?

Someone who clicks the toolbar/hotbar with their mouse instead of using the keyboard.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    What is a "clicker"?

Its a label the hard core nerds put on people who click the keyboard to indicate they're not cool in the eyes of the uber geeks.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Cosmonaut79
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

+1 Best gaming purchase I've made.

I have one also, but I would place my  Logitech G13 a little bit above the Naga as far as helping my gameplay. The G13 is more flexible for me I guess. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    No clicking for  me I use a controller, great for this game...
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Nope, all keystrokes. I can almost play one handed.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i use a G700 mouse all abilities are tied to the mouse.. haven't clicked on abilities though since my EQ1 days:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by KingGator
    What is a "clicker"?

Its a label the hard core nerds put on people who click the keyboard to indicate they're not cool in the eyes of the uber geeks.

I hate elitism as much as the next guy, but you might want to consider learning what a term means before going off on it.  

It's just a very inefficient use of the mouse, to click skills with it.  You need the mouse in other ways, so using your keyboard for skill use, whenever possible, is just a better coordinated way of going about it.  It's not about elitism, so much as just a question of whether being that coordinated and efficient is necessary to enjoy GW2, I guess due to it being more demanding.  If you're a clicker, you're probably not very mobile, and will inherently have a harder time with some of the combat mechanics.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    What is a "clicker"?

I hate elitism as much as the next guy, but you might want to consider learning what a term means before going off on it.  

It's just a very inefficient use of the mouse, to click skills with it.  You need the mouse in other ways, so using your keyboard for skill use, whenever possible, is just a better coordinated way of going about it.  It's not about elitism, so much as just a question of whether being that coordinated and efficient is necessary to enjoy GW2, I guess due to it being more demanding.  If you're a clicker, you're probably not very mobile, and will inherently have a harder time with some of the combat mechanics.

This ^

For certain PvE encounters, you could probably get away with clicking, but I would definitely say that the game is not very friendly to clickers.

I have to seriously question some of the posters here who claim to have 'done just fine' in PvP with clicking on skills. Id be willing to be that, at the very least, they weren't playing melee characters, and even more likely, they were probably sitting back and nuking from afar (Which seems to be one of the only methods of fighting that supports clicking.

Positioning is just too important in this game to sacrifice that function of the mouse to use skills. Most people won't hit if you aren't facing / aiming at your target. Thieves do more damage when behind their targets and will drop targets who don't deal with that well extremely fast. AoE is very stationary friendly, but most competent players won't sit in AoE.

The combat for most of the game is just too mobile. I really don't see how people can click through the majority of this game. Either you're a ranger in PvE, letting your pet do most of the work, or you are a meatshield in PvE stacking AoEs on yourself.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I stopped my clicking days in SWTOR. That's around when I bought my Naga Epic, and now I'm neither a clicker or a keyboard presser. I'm a mouse button presser >:D, oh and I'm still playing.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    What is a "clicker"?

This ^

For certain PvE encounters, you could probably get away with clicking, but I would definitely say that the game is not very friendly to clickers.

I have to seriously question some of the posters here who claim to have 'done just fine' in PvP with clicking on skills. Id be willing to be that, at the very least, they weren't playing melee characters, and even more likely, they were probably sitting back and nuking from afar (Which seems to be one of the only methods of fighting that supports clicking.

Positioning is just too important in this game to sacrifice that function of the mouse to use skills. Most people won't hit if you aren't facing / aiming at your target. Thieves do more damage when behind their targets and will drop targets who don't deal with that well extremely fast. AoE is very stationary friendly, but most competent players won't sit in AoE.

The combat for most of the game is just too mobile. I really don't see how people can click through the majority of this game. Either you're a ranger in PvE, letting your pet do most of the work, or you are a meatshield in PvE stacking AoEs on yourself.

Or...they are just good and are not bound by others' assumptions of deficiencies 

Originally posted by bossalinie

Or...they are just good and are not bound by others' assumptions of deficiencies 

No reason to take it personally.  I'm not calling you deficient.  I have no idea how well you do.  It's just that in my own experience, mouse-clicking skills is a deficient way of using a skillbar. YMMV.