Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what do the "NOT-GW2" gamers play?

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

Do we really need another one of these? it is quite clear you have no intention of having a discussion and just want to vent your frustration because well not everybody is in love with GW2.

Why insult intelligence of others by pretending that you actually care for their opinion? 

'Please share us with your expert suggestion'. I think that gives away your intentions behind this topic. Nice attempt at baiting though.

It's not baiting. I seriously want to know what games are so far superior to GW2 because I might like to try one of them out.  I'm not an expert because I've only played 4 mmorpgs for any effective amount of time. There are alot of people with much more experience in the genre than myself so I would consider them experts.

So whats the problem. Whats this game that you've got keeping you entertained?

But that is the thing you do not understand. People don't choose other MMOS over GW2 because they are just 'superior'. There are so many factors. For example in case of TSW its the niche settings and slow approach towards progression, for Rift is it is amazing content updates and support by Trion,

Let us be honest here all right? you made OP to mock the haters. Why pretend otherwise?

I haven't said anything bad about any other game, or any of the posts.  Once again, what is the problem with my post?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

Non-computer game wise, I picked up a 285 card Magic: The Gathering Deck Builders Toolkit and a 60 card premade deck plus two 15 card boosters. Been having quite a lot of fun playing that with some friends and spending some time putting together various sorts of decks together.

Ahh... CCGs... the ultimate in RNG based P2W.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I'm not a GW2 hater but I think GW2 endgame is currently worse than SWTOR. 

I'm not playing any MMO at the moment, but I will go back and play LOTRO to the level cap added by RoR.  I got that content for free as a lifer so I might as well use it.

I'll then level an alt in SWTOR F2P and keep doing so til bored.

I'll probably go back to D3 after that or maybe play Minecraft again.  I haven't played since last February.

When I'm bored with those games I may go back to LoL or buy Skyrim if it's cheap.

I'm keeping an eye on GW2 and likely will make time to check out the November event.  Like D3, I think GW2 has a very solid foundation.  But they need a good 6 months+ to straighten out end game.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Saying "you want to know what game others consider SUPERIOR to GW2" is baiting and you  know it.  I'm not playing GW2 right now and won't until they add systems to the game to keep me IN the game but I wouldn't consider the other games I'm playing "superior".  Just better designed and good old standby's that have already proved themselves to me.  Such as Rift, Lotro and WoW.  I'm literally playing all 3 currently depending on which game my mood suits.

I like WoW for chatting with friends, fun PVE, awesome music and lots to do thanks to the new MoP expack.

I play Lotro because I have a lifetime sub and the new expansion is fantastic.  Great music, great story, fun PVE, and I like logging in for my Hytbold dailies.

I play Rift, because they know how to spend my monthly sub and are constantly growing the game and adding new systems to it on a very consistent timely basis and it's about to grow 2 fold in 2 weeks with a new expack.  The housing alone will hold me over for quite a long time, just like it did in FFXI, EQ2 and SWG.

Originally posted by elocke

Saying "you want to know what game others consider SUPERIOR to GW2" is baiting and you  know it.  I'm not playing GW2 right now and won't until they add systems to the game to keep me IN the game but I wouldn't consider the other games I'm playing "superior".  Just better designed and good old standby's that have already proved themselves to me.  Such as Rift, Lotro and WoW.  I'm literally playing all 3 currently depending on which game my mood suits.

I like WoW for chatting with friends, fun PVE, awesome music and lots to do thanks to the new MoP expack.

I play Lotro because I have a lifetime sub and the new expansion is fantastic.  Great music, great story, fun PVE, and I like logging in for my Hytbold dailies.

I play Rift, because they know how to spend my monthly sub and are constantly growing the game and adding new systems to it on a very consistent timely basis and it's about to grow 2 fold in 2 weeks with a new expack.  The housing alone will hold me over for quite a long time, just like it did in FFXI, EQ2 and SWG.

If they like a game a little bit more, than it's superior in their opinion. It's a simple thing.   And take a look at the posts. I haven't said anything about another game, I've listened to peoples opinions and appreciated their input.

Why is it baiting if I claim that there are games out there superior to GW2? Other people have obviously made claims that GW2 is inferior, so I'm just trying to understand their perspective.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

If they like a game a little bit more, than it's superior in their opinion. It's a simple thing.   And take a look at the posts. I haven't said anything about another game, I've listened to peoples opinions and appreciated their input.

Why is it baiting if I claim that there are games out there superior to GW2? Other people have obviously made claims that GW2 is inferior, so I'm just trying to understand their perspective.

It is baiting because the titles says haters which is a controversal statement. Just because you are not playing a game does not make you a hater of that game.

Second of all your post have some kind of condascending tone to it, sounds more like a statement than a question and the statement is: obviously GW 2 is superior, prove it otherwise.

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

I hear alot of particular people going on about how GW2 isn't "all that" and I just wanted to know what game or games are so much better than GW2.  I beleive it was GeezerGamer that had suggested GW2 was a great game for when you only had a short period of time, so maybe I should look at what games some of these more enlightened individuals play in case I want to spend some longer periods in a game.

Please share with us, all of your expert suggestions.

EDIT: Oh and please don't leave silly posts like  "Game-X is the bomb, it's way better."  We all would like to hear what actual mechanics make these games so much better.

Ive tried logging int GW2 again but its just boring. I can play a few hours, but next time i want to log in i cant do it for some reason.

Its not about whats better for most of us that didnt like GW2, its about how you choose to spend your time. I have lots of things i would want to do rather than spending my time playing a game that didnt do anything for me.

Right now ive bought a single player rpg (Game of thrones) and after that im going to buy Darkfall 2.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Us long time mmo players would need to know a lot more about your personal interests to be able to suggest something you might like. Those, like me, who have tried just about every MMO out there could suggest well over 20 qaulity games that may or may not tickle your fancy depending on your playstyle.

To answer your general question though, I currently play Rift. I play it because it offers proper and traditional progression and multple endgame goals; PvP Warfronts, Chronicles, Dungeons, Raids, Instant Adventures, Rifts, World Events, PvP Rifts, Raid Rifts, Expert Rifts, Conquest... being the obvious ones. Plus, more to come soon like Hunt Rifts, playing around with Dimensions and additions to all the previous ones mentioned. The world is big and is getting 200% bigger soon and the class system is the only one left in quality AAA MMOs that actually gives you some serious freeform choices to make. Provided you arn't the type who religously follows popular builds from the forums (which I can 100% guarantee are NOT the best you could use).. you have a massive amount of customization at your fingertips.

I'm not a GW2 hater, I think it has it's place and will only get better over time, but the game just doesn't offer any kind of long term satisfaction and very few options. You have a choice of 'where' you can do stuff but not 'what' you can do.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I agree with others here, obvious bait thread, although it seems the moderation team do not agree, but in my opinion they are fairly lenient towards the pro GW2 squad.

Currently playing a couple of games, a small sandbox browser game, Outer Empires and a game I cannot name.

I haven't played GW2 so I don't hate the game, just the fans here.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Yamota

It is baiting because the titles says haters which is a controversal statement. Just because you are not playing a game does not make you a hater of that game.

Second of all your post have some kind of condascending tone to it, sounds more like a statement than a question and the statement is: obviously GW 2 is superior, prove it otherwise.

Pretty much this.  I enjoy playing GW2 for a few hours a week.  My son got me hooked on EvE which I enjoy playing several hours a week.  I also play D3 a few hours a week (about the same amount as I play GW2.  Each week I seem to be playing GW2 less and less.  Its not because I suddenly am enjoying other games more and more, it is because I seem to be enjoying GW2 less and less.  

The OP makes it sound like it is a zero sum game.  I can enjoy GW2 less and less without enjoying something else more and more.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

The way you worded your title is enough to give away what your true intentions are. 

I'm a bit peeved the moderation will let this one slide. If it had been the other way around...hell hath no fury.

And then the "fans" act all sheepish and surprised as to why the backlash.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234

I hear alot of particular people going on about how GW2 isn't "all that" and I just wanted to know what game or games are so much better than GW2.  I beleive it was GeezerGamer that had suggested GW2 was a great game for when you only had a short period of time, so maybe I should look at what games some of these more enlightened individuals play in case I want to spend some longer periods in a game.

EDIT: Oh and please don't leave silly posts like  "Game-X is the bomb, it's way better."  We all would like to hear what actual mechanics make these games so much better.

play eve online. simply because there is meaning to the game besides hacking and slashing orcs. game is hardcore compared to any other mmo out atm. other then that just got tired of the same repeatative dynamic events that takes place in gw2. oh and the pvp of gw2 doesnt even really serve a purpose which kinda turned me away. im lvl 80 necromancer in gw2. was planning to get legendary but when i found out it was just for cosmentics i was like f that. so far i haven't really found any other mmo that can interest me besides eve online. maybe star citizen when it is released.

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227
    I still play GW2 now and then (the halloween event was worth logging in for), but when I'm not playing GW2, or a game outside the MMORPG genre, I've found that LotRO's new expansion content is capturing most of my attention. It contains a few things I enjoy that GW2 doesn't offer; mounts (and, more importantly, the new mounted combat), mature role-play (my server is still busy with cool events), and vast, open environments with huge environmental draw-distance. GW2 is beautiful, but I almost always feel like I'm being led through corridors. I have graphics maxed out in both games, and even though GW2's models and textures are superior, the ability to peer out into the distance and see objects miles away (without that weird purple fog that plagues GW2) in LOTRO is really impressive. It provides an unparralled sense of immersion for me. 
  • TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    i don't waste my time ripping on games i have a low opinion of cause i am too busy enjoying my life to bother......
  • KeanNKeanN Member UncommonPosts: 19

For me the biggest problem with GW2 was the way my champ moved, feeled like i had to force it in the direction i wanted him to go, did love the scenary and that gear is equal in PVP,

For pve, i do love the gear grind , never realy liked lvling in any game :) , i do need the "carrot" for pve , without it , just feels like im wasting time

Me and a friend tryed SWTOR when it came out , after around 3 hours i realised that we barly had talked durring the perriod, unstalled instantly.

Anyway, im alitle burned out on mmos atm, games i play now:

chivalry medieval warfare, just a awsome game

League of legends mostly ARAM and 5v5 Team ranked

Natural Selection 2, ( loong time since i have had so much fun in a game, realy recommend it)

Borderlands 2, awsome game

Ocr must die 2

I do logg in to wow from time to time , mostly to play the auction house, lvling my warrior very very slowly, but must say

i am realy positivly supprised for this expension.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    anything that floats my boat at the time....i find it hard to stick to one game. Not like back in the day where i dedicated 4 years to wow. Now its gone to hell. Currently TRYING to get into RaiderZ but mainly its BF3
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by RefMinor

I agree with others here, obvious bait thread, although it seems the moderation team do not agree, but in my opinion they are fairly lenient towards the pro GW2 squad.

Currently playing a couple of games, a small sandbox browser game, Outer Empires and a game I cannot name.

I haven't played GW2 so I don't hate the game, just the fans here.

It's not batining when there are plenty of people on this site who have said over and over that GW2 sucks and/or it's totally lacking in features they want.  They have made their opinions perfectly clear.  So, the OP is specifically asking them (or anyone who feels the same way) what game(s) they think are better than GW2 and why.  That's a perfectly legit question.  It would be no different than someone asking GW2 "fanboys" what they like about GW2 so much and why they think it's a superior game.

I find it amusing that so many people have attacked the OP for baiting but won't say why they think games they like are better than GW2.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by NBlitz

The way you worded your title is enough to give away what your true intentions are. 

I'm a bit peeved the moderation will let this one slide. If it had been the other way around...hell hath no fury.

And then the "fans" act all sheepish and surprised as to why the backlash.

I highly doubt that.  In fact, I'm surprised we haven't really seen a "what do you fanboys like about GW2 so much?" thread yet.

If you think the mods are being unfair because they didn't mod this but you think they would mod the opposite, try it and see what happens.  Then you can be peeved all you want if your prediction is correct.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    EVE because it's a true sand box game.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Disgusting bait thread.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

perhaps you should maybe slightly amend your title..hater is a bit much.but i play lotro..i just find it a lot more entertaining.i dont hate gw2 afterall i bought it..i just decided its not for me ,thats all.i just think lotro has a heck of a lot more to do in it..and it should have being  5 yrs older..each to their own .personally i like the mounted combat in lotro .it has renewed my interest in the game..played it non-stop since rohan was released.combat is dated but i can put up with that.

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Wouldn't call myself hater as I've bought gw2, didn't really liked the pvp too much, leveling is fun, but I stopped playing it completely as I am more of PvP guy and game that I play is more fun for me. That game is Starcraft 2, to play it competetively is simply better than gw2, as sc2 is real esports game, starcraft has better community than any game period. And yeah game is hard and skillcap is non existant, watching what top players can do will leave you speechless atleast few times a tournament.
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

Modern definition of "hater" is disliking something that person likes, or in this case, simply burning out on a game and running out of stuff to do makes you a hater. Not the correct definition but whatever.

Waiting for end game content for GW2 and I'll be back. For those that say, "GW2 isn't that kind of game though!" I'd rewatch the interview with the dev, where it's pretty clear they're working on more traditional end game content including a new dungeon and new gear sets. Sounds like a step in the right direction to me, but GW2 isn't going to be the powerhouse of the industry until it sees a major content update, we'll talk then.

As of right now I'm not playing any MMO really. Been beta testing a couple upcommers and messing with the Skyrim Hearthfire update that I hadn't played with yet.

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350

I find GW2 fun but very shallow. The combat lacks any real depth as do the dungeons. Even PvP has a great many issues.

Honestly the game is the best casual mmo there is. But for someone looking for long term  time investment and substance it just doesn't hold up.

You don't use content to keep players playing. You use designed systems to keep things fresh and exciting. Content merely amplifies these systems.

In my opinion GW2 is barely even an mmo. Just because it has wheels and a windshield doesn't make it a car. Barely any player interaction, no community, crap economy, etc. What they have in the game is incredibly top notch, however.

Originally posted by kevjards

perhaps you should maybe slightly amend your title..hater is a bit much.but i play lotro..i just find it a lot more entertaining.i dont hate gw2 afterall i bought it..i just decided its not for me ,thats all.i just think lotro has a heck of a lot more to do in it..and it should have being  5 yrs older..each to their own .personally i like the mounted combat in lotro .it has renewed my interest in the game..played it non-stop since rohan was released.combat is dated but i can put up with that.

maybe I should amend my title. I am getting alot of responses by people that are admittedly not haters, but still don't play GW2.  I definately DO NOT want to offend those people, and they've provided alot of quality replies.

Curiously, i've noticed two things so far in this thread.

1: There hasn't been a single occurance of a GW2 player calling someone else's game down.  I was under the impression that the GW2 community was the worst out there, and couldn't stand anyone suggesting that other games might be preferred. 

2: I've noticed that some people who have shared with us gems like "worst game ever!"  and "absolute fail,  Anet should close the doors permamently" are remaining particularly silent, or disputing my reasons to post.  Please note, this does not imply that everyone who disputes my post, is going to suggest GW2 is "epic fail"

My extended thanks to those people that have chosen to share what games they prefer over GW2.

EDIT: I've changed the title because there are some people taking part that shouldn't be grouped in with "haters"  For THOSE people, i will change my title. They deserve better.