Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOR is back! Watch my pics

I saw that article about how servers are populated and i resubed again after bad expirience in some new mmo's. Servers are really full of high level players, you can watch my pics if you don't believe. Graphic is much better and game run so smooth like never before. I go now to level all classes to 50. It is the only real role playing game on market now. Good feeling to be back again :)

Comments

• lucasdeislucasdeis Member Posts: 59
    WELCOMBE BACK, i am glad hear people that they are coming back
  • zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by lucasdeis
    WELCOMBE BACK, i am glad hear people that they are coming back

Ty . I play now in this moment :)

• ByntBynt Member Posts: 35
    Welcome Back!  The game has had a lot of improvements, graphics are better, performance is better and a lot of bugs have been fixed, not all, but a lot.  It should be a good experience for returning players with these improvements.
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Bacterial!
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

I would join again if there wasnt so many other games taking my time right now :(

TSW, NS2, Planetside2, Firefall, WarZ

Too many games!! :p

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    I've noticed a few graphical glitches like when your riding the taxi around Coruscant, it flashes / disappears and makes you look like you are flying in a sit down position. This did not heppen before.  I have not spotted any improvements whatsoever, and the last couple of days the lag gets horrendous and keep getting logged out every other minute or freezing and getting killed if it happend in the middle of battle.
  • HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I resubbed as of a few days ago and haven't encountered any issues of disconnects, lag-deaths or other anomalies. Multiboxing a Jedi Guardian and Sage on The Harbinger.

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by zomard100
    I saw that article about how servers are populated and i resubed again after bad expirience in some new mmo's. Servers are really full of high level players, you can watch my pics if you don't believe. Graphic is much better and game run so smooth like never before. I go now to level all classes to 50. It is the only real role playing game on market now. Good feeling to be back again :)

Yet your fps in the fleet shows 16. lol

Oops. Ignore that man behind the curtain!

Originally posted by HellCaster
    I resubbed as of a few days ago and haven't encountered any issues of disconnects, lag-deaths or other anomalies. Multiboxing a Jedi Guardian and Sage on The Harbinger.

It is hit and miss, as you can play a few hours without anythig happening. It has only been happening this week and putting it down to after effects from Sandy than EAs shoddy servers, but then no other MMO has been suffering though that I have been playing.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I'll be back for F2P.  Since they would only give me 150 cartel coins for resubbing I've opted to just wait.  I figured they'd credit me something for preordering and playing at launch but I guess not.  

I don't really like their store model and limiting the hotkey bars to two.  But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind when I level alts. 

Originally posted by superniceguy

It is hit and miss, as you can play a few hours without anythig happening. It has only been happening this week and putting it down to after effects from Sandy than EAs shoddy servers, but then no other MMO has been suffering though that I have been playing.

It may have nothing to do with SWTOR or their servers too. It might be due your ISP, your local network, your PC etc. Last weekend I was having constant disconnects while playing GW2 but I didn't automatically assume it was on their end, no one else was complaining and with a few network tests I discovered the interruptions with originating from my ISP.

~ and the last couple of days the lag gets horrendous and keep getting logged out every other minute or freezing and getting killed if it happend in the middle of battle.

You haven't mentioned anything you've done to isolate the origin or cause of the network interruptions, just that it was while playing SWTOR, and so automatically assumed that it was on their end, or at least thats what your original post infers. What tests did you do to isolate the cause?

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    i want to resub but with Darkfall almost here i woudnt have no time for it

It may have nothing to do with SWTOR or their servers too. It might be due your ISP, your local network, your PC etc. Last weekend I was having constant disconnects while playing GW2 but I didn't automatically assume it was on their end, no one else was complaining and with a few network tests I discovered the interruptions with originating from my ISP.

~ and the last couple of days the lag gets horrendous and keep getting logged out every other minute or freezing and getting killed if it happend in the middle of battle.

You haven't mentioned anything you've done to isolate the origin or cause of the network interruptions, just that it was while playing SWTOR, and so automatically assumed that it was on their end, or at least thats what your original post infers. What tests did you do to isolate the cause?

I also said that it was probably down to the after effects of Hurrican Sandy

The server was offline the other day, just after Hurricane Sandy

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/368363/swtorcom-offline-.html

Since then have been having trouble, as servers are in US even the EU ones are, and I am from UK, it goes through many hops, and some people before that unexpected downtime could not connect from Europe

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5380444

So it is either Hurricane Sandy or bad routing from US to UK, but US to US should be no problem

I've noticed a few graphical glitches like when your riding the taxi around Coruscant, it flashes / disappears and makes you look like you are flying in a sit down position. This did not heppen before.  I have not spotted any improvements whatsoever, and the last couple of days the lag gets horrendous and keep getting logged out every other minute or freezing and getting killed if it happend in the middle of battle.

Your story changes. First you blatently rip into SWTOR as the orgin of the issues with no mention of anything outside of that...

Originally posted

So it is either Hurricane Sandy or bad routing from US to UK, but US to US should be no problem

and then roll around to blaming it on either Sandy or bad transatlantic routing but your not sure which. This is why I'm responding to your original attack on the game. It appears your not sure what is what but that didn't prevent your original negative post did it?

Ok I've wasted enough time on this, time to get back to playing SWTOR, take care!

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

just a question: I might be interested in the f2p option.....I love pvp, about the warzones....I saw that I can do like only 3/week unless I 'buy more'.

If I 'buy more', is this a permanent addition or like 'you only buy the right to play more warzones for like 1 week or so?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

Your story changes. First you blatently rip into SWTOR as the orgin of the issues with no mention of anything outside of that...

Originally posted

and then roll around to blaming it on either Sandy or bad transatlantic routing but your not sure which. This is why I'm responding to your original attack on the game. It appears your not sure what is what but that didn't prevent your original negative post did it?

Ok I've wasted enough time on this, time to get back to playing SWTOR, take care!

And the second coming of fanboism begins. The man was trying to be pretty nice about his issues and give other sources than BW servers. Why are you attacking him when he obviously set up his comment to not attack them. You are just looking to start a fight with people so that you can show off your SWTOR fanboi colors. 

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by Muke

just a question: I might be interested in the f2p option.....I love pvp, about the warzones....I saw that I can do like only 3/week unless I 'buy more'.

If I 'buy more', is this a permanent addition or like 'you only buy the right to play more warzones for like 1 week or so?

The warzone pass is slated to be 240 cartel coins a week. Assuming 100 catrel coins cost $1 US, that's $2.40 a week or $9.60 a month to do the warzones.

Originally posted

The first post was not an attack it was the truth, and I know for a fact it is not my connections or my ISP.

Today I played it for 3 hours straight - no problem. Then every other minute I just get got high ping, and if it got real bad logged me out. In the end I gave up but had 3 hours. Logged into other games on US servers and no problem.

This is on a US server, so I am thinking the more people logging in as the day goes on, creates more problems for people from the UK.  I assume you are from the US?

Also my previous post showed proof there was problems with SWTOR, and everyone was affected. So no attacks whatsoever, just truths