Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else happy that GW2 is a failure?

2»

Comments

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Alot

Oh, I see what you did there.

But it seems many other didn't, though they made me chuckle, reverse psychology anyone?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• lucasdeislucasdeis Member Posts: 59
    of course me, swtor has more posibility with the f2p and world pvp coming soon
  • PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Well, at the very least, the op removes all doubt as to the nature of his character.

Oooioioio

its this thread time

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Calerxes

But it seems many other didn't, though they made me chuckle, reverse psychology anyone?

Nope, didn't get it at all.. someone explain it to me?  Is this mocking a similar post in another forum, or something?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334
    OP was being a cheeky bastard.
  • maddhatter44maddhatter44 Member Posts: 78

Its meh, i wish it had more pve longevity. i liked WvW  till i was fighting invisible players...

i had jumped back on yesterday... man the human city is still best in a mmo that i can remember. Jumped into WvW it was pretty fun till my team were fighting small groups defending SM walls... after half were dead we would just  jump down and zerg the rest... oh wait... most of them were invisible.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Popori
    OP was being a cheeky bastard.

I seem to have misplaced my english<->english dictionary.. what does "cheeky" mean, again?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

I mean every day the game is losing thousands of players.  It has been a collosal failure in terms of player retention.  Has gotten so many negative reviews from critics.  Is constantly plagued with game changing bugs.  Has service that is interrupted every few hours with random disconnects, and server drops.  Continues to eschew anything positive in the gaming world.  Implements what is considered by many to be the worst content in the market.  Has absolutely zero endgame for anyone with a modicum of play time.  Caters to the asian bot services.  Features the worst possible PvP on the market.  Has no redeeming PvE qualities.  Features a combat system that sucks so bad that clickers and baddies have been forced to quit.

I mean what redeeming qualities does this game bring to the table?  It's like this game was designed by 12 year olds for 6 year olds.

I agree with ecerything to some extent, except the light salmon. 

I don't know entirely. I know it's gotten the best reviews money can buy, that's true, but the combat system? Arguments have been made........Just sayin.

LOL.

Yeah I was looking where to draw the pink with OP's last sentence. I just have not heard of clickers and bads quitting, because of that I went out on a limb and disagreed with the entire sentence.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

What lol!? failure by whos standards lol....yours? How can a game be a failure when its makes most of its money from box sales?

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Ok so whats the point here?

As a fan I am not allowed to post opininated posts about a game I like but a hater is?  Did I mean to troll?  Of course not, ever single day I read these same arguments drowning out the real discussions going on.  I woke up this morning and lo and behold the top 3 messages in the "current forum discussions" are hate filled posts about a very successful and very fun game.  My only hopes was to make those who see my post to show how much anger and animosity their behavior brings to the populace.  For love that is all gaming, if you hate the game, leave and do not bother to post any more.

As for the mods, this thread was not meant to be a troll, it was made to hopefully bring light to the situation and hopefully more moderation of flaming, baiting, and trolling will be made.  There are current posters (some in this thread) that post multiple hate or anti-gw2 posts every day and no moderation is done and according to your own T.O.S. "baiting" is not allowed.  Please enforce your rules.

And this is why we defend the game.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Hahah wish people would actually check posters history.  :)

You know, Many people just simply respond to a post for the weight it carrys. Checking histories only turns the discussion into adhominem arguments. Not to say it's never justified, but to constanly do it, is generally pointless, not to mention, it just makes people ask, "WTF is he doing that for?" Of course, going forward, should anyone else ever check yours, I can assure you, this particular thread will come back to bite you.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Why is this obviously sarcastic thread not locked or deleted yet? This thread is as bad if not worse than all the actuall basesless bashing and hating threads and will lead to nothing but trouble lol. Mods in bed still or do they just not care?

No signature, I don't have a pen

Originally posted by Vhaln
    Originally posted by Calerxes

Nope, didn't get it at all.. someone explain it to me?  Is this mocking a similar post in another forum, or something?

A fanboy pretends he's a hater to prove a point about his game being a super success and best game eva! and we are all idiots to believe this isn't true. Reverse psychology it is called in some circles.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Ok so whats the point here?

As a fan I am not allowed to post opininated posts about a game I like but a hater is?  Did I mean to troll?  Of course not, ever single day I read these same arguments drowning out the real discussions going on.  I woke up this morning and lo and behold the top 3 messages in the "current forum discussions" are hate filled posts about a very successful and very fun game.  My only hopes was to make those who see my post to show how much anger and animosity their behavior brings to the populace.  For love that is all gaming, if you hate the game, leave and do not bother to post any more.

As for the mods, this thread was not meant to be a troll, it was made to hopefully bring light to the situation and hopefully more moderation of flaming, baiting, and trolling will be made.  There are current posters (some in this thread) that post multiple hate or anti-gw2 posts every day and no moderation is done and according to your own T.O.S. "baiting" is not allowed.  Please enforce your rules.

And this is why we defend the game.

2 things don't read those discussions and learn that a critical response is not a "hater" and chill out, shit thats 3 things.

This discussion has been closed.