Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else happy that GW2 is a failure?

ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I mean every day the game is losing thousands of players.  It has been a collosal failure in terms of player retention.  Has gotten so many negative reviews from critics.  Is constantly plagued with game changing bugs.  Has service that is interrupted every few hours with random disconnects, and server drops.  Continues to eschew anything positive in the gaming world.  Implements what is considered by many to be the worst content in the market.  Has absolutely zero endgame for anyone with a modicum of play time.  Caters to the asian bot services.  Features the worst possible PvP on the market.  Has no redeeming PvE qualities.  Features a combat system that sucks so bad that clickers and baddies have been forced to quit.

I mean what redeeming qualities does this game bring to the table?  It's like this game was designed by 12 year olds for 6 year olds.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Oh, I see what you did there.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Fail in your book

Fail in your opinion

nothing to see here just opinion ranting.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Yawn....just another troll doing what trolls do best...trolling..
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

The title was so trollish that the post didn't deserve a read.  The OP is flame baiting by definition.  The question is a "yes or no" but by answering either, you are forced to admit the poster's premise.   It's no different than asking a guy: "Do you still beat your wife?" Regardless of his answer, he's admitting he did it.

Edit: Ah, the OP is being sarcastic.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

LOL the only thing I see that's a failure is your post. Best MMO I have played in years. It's like a breath of fresh air. The game is fun and Innovative.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    OP is a failure. Guild Wars 2 made him a troll.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I don't know whats wrong with you, but you might want to get that sand out of your crack.

Seriously, the game didn't  "fail" It sold tons, has no sub fee, every player that quits is just profit for them.

I only play the game very casually as yes - It got boring to me too, but i got way more hours out of it then my moneys worth, and had fun that entire time, as a purchase thats a win to me.

Your post just reeks of pointless hate, the combat isn't that bad at all, neither is the PvP, i personally found all of it fun, just because you think It's awful doesn't mean everyone else shares that opinion.

You should get a life, stop bashing games, try being positive for a change and when you dislike something, just drop it, forget it, and find something better, god i can't stand people like you.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Another troll thread by a GW2 fan?

Yea we need a new one atleast once/day.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Hahah wish people would actually check posters history.  :)

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Drunk trolling/sarcasm for lolz?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

I did, clear trolling and another example of GW2 fans trying to create drama and being overly sensitive.

Great community there...

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

GW2 fans like OP are as bad as trolls. Please report this topic and get it over with shall we?

This is clear baiting and encouraging people to flame each other.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

I mean every day the game is losing thousands of players.  It has been a collosal failure in terms of player retention.  Has gotten so many negative reviews from critics.  Is constantly plagued with game changing bugs.  Has service that is interrupted every few hours with random disconnects, and server drops.  Continues to eschew anything positive in the gaming world.  Implements what is considered by many to be the worst content in the market.  Has absolutely zero endgame for anyone with a modicum of play time.  Caters to the asian bot services.  Features the worst possible PvP on the market.  Has no redeeming PvE qualities.  Features a combat system that sucks so bad that clickers and baddies have been forced to quit.

I mean what redeeming qualities does this game bring to the table?  It's like this game was designed by 12 year olds for 6 year olds.

Have you been drinking?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Haha! Nice one...putting off the trolls by pretending to be one.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

I like these kinds of threads in any game forum for two reasons :

1) The Woosh Factor from peopel not getting it.

2) The people complaining about it being trolling and thus bringing the thread attention instead of ignoring it and letting it get buried  and acheiving the OPs goal.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    thousands of players every day he says. didnt read further, trolls be trolling
    Originally posted by Drakynn

I like these kinds of threads in any game forum for two reasons :

1) The Woosh Factor from peopel not getting it.

2) The people complaining about it being trolling and thus bringing the thread attention instead of ignoring it and letting it get buried  and acheiving the OPs goal.

3. It shows that alot of the GW2 fans are the worst trolls on this forum. 

I don't know if thats what the OP tried to achive though...

I guess the next time we get a thread with "WHY ARE YOU BASHING GW2, ITS THE BEST GAME EVER"

we can just point to this thread and be done with it. 

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

@Zylaxx...

Why would you be happy that GW2 is failing? (IYO)

Should we be happy if you were to cross a street without looking and a car hitting you breaking your legs?

Your title is misleading to the fact of masking your own frustrations in the game. That is all. :)

/comfort

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    OP, exactly what kind of "discussion" are you trying to initiate here? What are your intentions? Everyone else seems to know. Do you really think this kind of thread is justified? Do you even realize you do more harm to your cause this way?
  • AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Papadam
    Originally posted by Drakynn I like these kinds of threads in any game forum for two reasons : 1) The Woosh Factor from peopel not getting it. 2) The people complaining about it being trolling and thus bringing the thread attention instead of ignoring it and letting it get buried  and acheiving the OPs goal.

4. It shows that MMORPG forumites are ültra-sensitive. *Grabs a doll, asks the audience where the GW2 community touched them.*

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Well, at the very least, the op removes all doubt as to the nature of his character.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Icewhite
    Well, at the very least, the op removes all doubt as to the nature of his character.

Was there really any.....ever?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I agree with everything to some extent, except the light salmon. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Papadam

Originally posted by Drakynn I like these kinds of threads in any game forum for two reasons : 1) The Woosh Factor from peopel not getting it. 2) The people complaining about it being trolling and thus bringing the thread attention instead of ignoring it and letting it get buried  and acheiving the OPs goal.

4. It shows that MMORPG forumites are ültra-sensitive. *Grabs a doll, asks the audience where the GW2 community touched them.*

I scratch your back OP you scratch mine right? gotto defend our own no matter how silly there posts are. You guys stick with each other through thick and thin. I admire that.

Originally posted by bcbully

I agree with ecerything to some extent, except the light salmon. 

I don't know entirely. I know it's gotten the best reviews money can buy, that's true, but the combat system? Arguments have been made........Just sayin.

LOL.

This discussion has been closed.