Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what makes this game different/better than Dayz?

ok so the website is horrible, and pretty much only adds to my questions, so i'll just ask here.

for those of you that have played Dayz (like me) what are the fundamental differences  between Dayz and War Z, besides the 24 hour clock appond death?

what makes this game different from Dayz? better graphics? can enter any building? zombies are harder? AI of zombies is better? game runs better? easier/harder to survive?

Comments

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    i'd like to know as well

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I'd tell you but.. NDA o.0

It's almost the same, but improved here and there.. Can't say why.

So..... You'll be asking this question for a while.

I'd suggest just trying to get an alpha/beta key and seeing for yourself.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

War Z is okay considering its alpha but still a lot of work to be somewhat decent.

No bullet drop, no working vehicles, mob AI is weak, wall glitches,

badly optimized engine and the list just goes on.

Oh and the item shop thing is a very bad idea if they plan to

stick with this 'survivor' thing. Just ruins the 'feel'.

I'm not part of the alpha, never signed any NDA, my opinions are

purely based on gameplay videos and live stream (dev approved

http://www.twitch.tv/brotatoe).

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

NDA but simply based off what is told and seen...

1.) Better Graphics, in part due to it using an engine for a game that is a bit more refined in its looks.

2.) Smoother Gameplay, which to be fair on Day Z (or bash it) its pretty easy to make it feel smoother.

3.) Less Restrictions on where you can go. Mostly due to Day Z having to to work against the game its a mod for.

4.) Stand Alone. Much easier to take control with an add content.

Over-all just take it for being a standalone. Check out War Inc and if you like that style your going to like this as well (same exactly engine, just upgraded with zombies and all that survive goodies ooo!). Its a little bit of an unfair fight honestly for Day Z being a lot harder to compete with directly but its just how it is. We will have to wait for the Day Z stand alone to really see how the two stack up. Right now War Z is just better from a potential stand point until Day Z gets its stand alone.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    they are very different when you play them both,

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    they are very different when you play them both,

No they aren't.

They are almost no different.  You spawn with very little, you search for supplies, backpacks, food, ammo, guns, etc.  It has FFA PvP and full loot.  Though, you don't have to create another character if you die unless you choose hardcore mode.  There is some character customization at the moment, but not a whole lot.  Zombies are present, but perhaps more polished.  The aggro range is a little longer, but still pretty good.  I haven't seen any zombie clipping through floors and ceilings to kill you.  No breaking your leg when walking through doors.  Combat is smoother and the graphics are better.  The patching process and installation is very quick and easy.  I'd say that is the biggest difference, just the availability.  You don't have to jump through hoops to install it.  The map is smaller and the servers have the ability to hold more players.  Oh, you can't enter every building, but there are other places where you can find loot.  Such as alleys, behind houses, porches, the roof, planes, helicopters, jail cells, wrecked cars and buses, RV's, and so forth.  The interiors look just as bad, not detailed at all.  PvP is a problem, same as in DayZ.  

Almost everything is similar, just more polished.  Try it for yourself.

trust me its alot different dont belive the hype. i enjoy both games but they are disticntly quite different. its almost like the difference between a realistic shooter and cod. both might be set in the same enviroment with guns and maybe even similar locations but their mechanics play out very differently and their compelxity is black and white.

• VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by Draftbeer

War Z is okay considering its alpha but still a lot of work to be somewhat decent.

No bullet drop, no working vehicles, mob AI is weak, wall glitches,

badly optimized engine and the list just goes on.

Oh and the item shop thing is a very bad idea if they plan to

stick with this 'survivor' thing. Just ruins the 'feel'.

All of these things you've listed have either been fixed or will be fixed soon.

As far as the shop goes I'm not a big fan of it either but aslong as they don't sell weapons etc I don't have a problem with it.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94

Ok first off id like to say that i played BOTh dayz and WarZ. From my expereince with both here is my comment on how warz is nothing like dayz:

WarZ- is NOT a survival game by any means. Its a deathmatch zombie horror. The population consists of ppl who shoot first and then leave your corps to rot. The zombie AI is horrible, where jumping on anything 1 foot higher than the zombies they will lose intrest. Bullet drop is next to zero.

No in game communication asides from chat. Who has time to type when you got a gun being pointed at your face? Food is way to common. Zombies are like brick walls, nothing knocks them down slows them down asides from direct hits to the head. No look arround wile moving, didnt know the human head is fixed forward...i been playing warz since the 15th alpha...and just recently(1 day ago) i demanded my refund. the BIGGEST issue with this game is the global bank, ppl say its like tens in dayz but with tens pl can still loot your stuff as with global bank its only you and no one else, taking the survival "i can lose everything' aspect compleatly out of the picture.

Zombies are not attracted to sound, i was in the city and snipers were firing liek a chinees festival and zombies were just standing there. the Developers are corrupt and dont care about there player base, there have been numerous reports of Devs spawning in items for friends and barrakading themselfs in buildings with the best gear taunting and killing players also hunting down people killers. (THIS WAS THE MAIN ISSUE I GOT MY REFUND) this game is just a scam and i pitty the ppl who have spent money on it.

So in conclusion it depends on what kind of game you like...

do u like CoD type gameplay? WarZ is for you

do you want to survive in a apocoliptic world? DayZ is for you

YES i knwo the game is in alpha/beta but dayz is in alpha and its a far superior game and much more stable since the new patch released a few days ago. WarZ has 1-2 months to get its shit together cuz at the end of that time...guess what is going to be out? DayZ Stand Alone. And from what i been reading on the forums of WarZ i give this game a month or two tops, the developers are pritty much telling there community off and saying if u want to PK then u will get punished, compleatly taking the pvp aspect out of the game.

This game isnt worth the 30 there asking in its current state...15 sounds more resonable to me and i would actually pay that price

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Just doesnt seem like their is enough to do to make me content. Sneak, crawl, move slow, all the time? Every human wants to kill you, every zombie wants to eat you.... no community no trying to rebuild a settlement or anything.  24 hrs to respawn.... no thanks thats just lame even from a pvp lover like myself. Lose every single item even things you buy with cash at the shop? Seriously? Not for me.

This is nothing more than a shooter game, and shouldnt be put off as a mmo at all. Its not. Heck i guess we could call BF3 a mmo since its 64 man server also?

I wanted to buy and play this game so much but just cant after reading and watching videos of boring action and people camping for HOURS to kill a new spawning player. Left 4 Dead is much better and im good with just 4 people playing, dont have to worry about griefers.

Originally posted by Arcondo87

Ok first off id like to say that i played BOTh dayz and WarZ. From my expereince with both here is my comment on how warz is nothing like dayz:

WarZ- is NOT a survival game by any means. Its a deathmatch zombie horror. The population consists of ppl who shoot first and then leave your corps to rot. The zombie AI is horrible, where jumping on anything 1 foot higher than the zombies they will lose intrest. Bullet drop is next to zero.

No in game communication asides from chat. Who has time to type when you got a gun being pointed at your face? Food is way to common. Zombies are like brick walls, nothing knocks them down slows them down asides from direct hits to the head. No look arround wile moving, didnt know the human head is fixed forward...i been playing warz since the 15th alpha...and just recently(1 day ago) i demanded my refund. the BIGGEST issue with this game is the global bank, ppl say its like tens in dayz but with tens pl can still loot your stuff as with global bank its only you and no one else, taking the survival "i can lose everything' aspect compleatly out of the picture.

Zombies are not attracted to sound, i was in the city and snipers were firing liek a chinees festival and zombies were just standing there. the Developers are corrupt and dont care about there player base, there have been numerous reports of Devs spawning in items for friends and barrakading themselfs in buildings with the best gear taunting and killing players also hunting down people killers. (THIS WAS THE MAIN ISSUE I GOT MY REFUND) this game is just a scam and i pitty the ppl who have spent money on it.

So in conclusion it depends on what kind of game you like...

do u like CoD type gameplay? WarZ is for you

do you want to survive in a apocoliptic world? DayZ is for you

YES i knwo the game is in alpha/beta but dayz is in alpha and its a far superior game and much more stable since the new patch released a few days ago. WarZ has 1-2 months to get its shit together cuz at the end of that time...guess what is going to be out? DayZ Stand Alone. And from what i been reading on the forums of WarZ i give this game a month or two tops, the developers are pritty much telling there community off and saying if u want to PK then u will get punished, compleatly taking the pvp aspect out of the game.

This game isnt worth the 30 there asking in its current state...15 sounds more resonable to me and i would actually pay that price

i played it briefly today and the zombies did not stop chasing me when i jumped on a car so theres a good chance its been patched in. Afterall its a beta like Dayz is.

you also make out as if players dont shoot each other on sight in dayz, they do just as much as warz. But in both theres sometimes a mutual understanding.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    i have been shot and killed alot more in warz than i have in dayz.
  • UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

Comparing The War Z to DayZ is almost unfair. Sure, they share similar names and are both set in an open-world zombie apocalypse.. but one is a fast-action run 'n gun shooter while the other is tactical based aiming for an authentic survival experience.

If there was any game to compare The War Z to I think I'd consider APB: Reloaded. The character controls, the arcade style action, the crazy clothing, crazy weapons, cash shop, graphics and animations, etc. If the people behind APB: Reloaded were to make a zombie-based horror multiplayer game The War Z is honestly what I'd imagine.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Difference, well the most important one for me is that DayZ has rocket as a developer (a great guy). While WarZ has the guys who made big rigs (youtube the game) as well as how they are stealing all ideas and even the EULA (not kidding, do some google-fu), and what I believe WarZ actually was made to be is a cash cow which will be abandoned sooner rather than later.
  • Trayz0Trayz0 Member Posts: 1
    Yea it sucks if you dont have friends to play it with
  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    If you were to take Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and somehow shoved that concept into a combination with DayZ, you'd have The War Z. It's flashier, it's gamier (if that's a word), it's shootier. I can understand why some people think it's better, but then again I'd imagine those same people haven't played DayZ on private hives, where teamwork and factional warfare is something to behold, and at this point in time, something that The War Z doesn't provide.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)