Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what new features would you like to see added to GW2 (excluding player/guild hosuing)?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
So what new features would you like to see added to GW2 (excluding Player & Guild Housing)?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    So what new features would you like to see added to GW2 (excluding Player & Guild Housing)?

Out of curiosity; why are we excluding housing?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Seeing player names in pvp
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Mounts that are incredibly hard to get like about 50% as hard as the legendary weapons. Easier way to get groups together for Dungeons that are hard to run. Lower specs required for WvWvW as my PC drops from 40fps to 3 whenever im in a large battle in there and i cannot play it.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Seeing player names in pvp

This.

New weapon skills unlockable only through specific achievements. Or weapon leveling. Or both. Whatever, I want to develop my weapons past level 10.

And more specific rewards in general. Specific rewards for specific actions. Stuff you can get only one way and no other. Enough with this dull shopping mall approach - you grind to save some "x" that you spend on whatever you want. Wait, this is like RL isn't it? By Jove, it is! Bleh.

LFG tool. Sorry ANet, but you do need it.

A way to consensual PvP in the proper PvE world. I know duelling is in the works, and I hope ANet does something innovative with it... like they're wont to do. My secret wish is that GW2 becomes known as the first mmo to allow group vs group duels! That would be fun beyond belief, just imagine... Some of those PvE locations would be just awesome for PvP, even better than what they got in WvW proper (too spacious in most cases). I would love some PvP mayhem in dredge caverns or pirate hideout with hostile mobs mixed in!

• CaerusXCaerusX Member Posts: 3
    Guild vs Guild.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Dueling

LFG system

Politics system for guilds

Poker

Player names in WvW

Spectator mode

Much better search system for the trading post

Wardrobe tab similar to EQ2 or Rift instead of street clothes system

For housing, some clothing dummies to store sets on

I really want guild halls bad so I'm saying it anyway

Dev controlled boss events

Rebalancing for WvW a bit. I don't like the orb system very much and I feel like it's too easy for 1 server to dominate two servers for far too long.

More random events in general (like the hunger games event from beta) to keep the variety going

More classes

Switching between specs/gear with a single click. Sort of like Rift

Zones that require 10 or more people to get anything done

I don't know, there's probably more.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

3 things:

1. The ability to move any weapon skill on the bar you want
    2. The ability to pick and choose weapon skills like you can with utility skills
    3. More things to spend trait points on i.e. weapon skills, more then 3 elites, weapon skins, armor skins, and class soecific skills with smaller cooldowns.  (an example for Warrior would be: Adrenal rush: For each level of Adrenaline increase your Power by 10% for 2,4,6 sec) or (Thief: 3 inititive, increase power by 10% for 5 secs)

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Weapon skill choices

race changes, name changes

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189

Well... there's an acheivement for weapon mastery, and killing mobs. Example, you get acheivement for killing 1000 ghosts, or you get achievement for having 5000 killing blows with greatsword...

What i'd like to see is if we could unlock some sort of new ability once we reach this milestone or some type of "cape" or "skin" to show that I've killed 5000+ monsters with my greatsword, that I'm truly a greatsword master.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    A way to show achievements to friends and guildmates. Perhaps a bulletin board that you could post them on in town or even a setup like WoW and Rift for online display. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

a virtual dartboard where you could post up a picture of your favorite GW2 hater and throw darts at them.

I'm kidding of course, not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. Again.

I would like to see a couple new classes. Maybe something with polearms for weapons.

I would also like to see more complex jumping puzzles, I had alot of fun doing the clocktower. 

A new race/heritage to add to the character models available. 

An event where they take bots and boot them from the game in a public manner. throw them into a pit or launch them into space. Something spectacular, and they tell the bots name so that we can feel absolution to seeing them run around ruining the economy.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Titles that are actually noticable by other players.  OH, and dungeons that are actually rewarding enough to merit the pain they force us to enture to complete them.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Why excluding housing ? I want player housing together with crafting for players to be able to make furniture for housing (like in eq2 ),mounts easy enough to get,enemy player names in wvw,more xp from wvw to be able to lv from it at same speed with pve leveling,more permanent spawn points in wvw for less running around,xp from spvp , more real quests and less jumping puzzles,if i wanted to play a platformer i would have played one not a mmo.

• SidadSidad Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Some new gameplay so I can go back and play again. GvGvG fighting for map castle sounds good..... and balancing classes would be nice too so ppl dont play only certain classes in pvp.
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

First of all, I'd love to see the devs ask a question like this, via some sort of in-game survey.  They seem to have their vision though, and it doesn't look like they're going to deviate from it at all, no matter what players want.

That aside.. how about some sort of endgame horizontal advancement system?  Something that takes forever to cap, so level 80 feels less like game over.

Ideally, two different versions, one for PvE and one for PvP, so that to cap both, you'd have to do both.  and both having uses in PvE and PvP (WvW) so that the two facets of gameplay feel better tied together.

Also, things like relics and darkness falls, for WvW.  i.e. community rewards that have more substance.  Not just little bonuses, but fun things players will actively covet and strive for, for their server.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

1. Be able to search map to see who else is in the area

2. Be able to examine ppl to see there armor/weapons

3. Be able to use commands like /see all level 80 Grd, which would search the server for gardians lvl 80.

4. LFG Tool should be at the top left, up front, so ppl know its there. Should be improvements with the LFG Tool, rarely used.

5. LFG Tool should have a pop up box where you can add text, what you looing for. It should also be able to link what mission were on.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Observer mode

More balanced sPvP formats (without PvE/RNG)

GvG

Guild halls

Scrims

Cup/elimination AT's

The PVE pseudo-PvP format? CBA to have an opinion except it seems fine for what it is.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

Originally posted by Halandir

Observer mode

I think a really well fleshed out spectator mode could do wonders for PvP.  Not only would it help people ease into it, it could be fun social gameplay in itself, which in turn would create an exciting sort of incentive for players who'd want to show off.

I don't know why devs never do this.  At best, you can spectate, but its just bare bones.  It's not really built into the gameplay, like having a whole area where people sit around and chat while spectating, with cinematic camera modes and the like.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Observer mode

I think a really well fleshed out spectator mode could do wonders for PvP.  Not only would it help people ease into it, it could be fun social gameplay in itself, which in turn would create an exciting sort of incentive for players who'd want to show off.

I don't know why devs never do this.  At best, you can spectate, but its just bare bones.  It's not really built into the gameplay, like having a whole area where people sit around and chat while spectating, with cinematic camera modes and the like.

Erm - I guess you did not play Guild Wars?

Observer mode (added after release) in GW had all that, which makes the omission in GW2 even more baffling. :-/

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

I guess if I had to pick a feature or two

A looking for dungeon tool would be nice.  (i'm in a guild of 500 so shadap, game needs a tool)

Spectator mode for Spvp would be great, especially if they turned it into a form of mini-game where you could wager perhaps? Hmm..probably a bad idea given the opportunity to stack the odds on that one.

Otherwise I'd really like them to fix the busted up stuff that's there now before throwing a ton of new stuff at us.  A handful of classes still have traits that just do absolutely nothing.  Lots of balance issues and gameplay issues that need to be addressed.

Originally posted by Vhaln

Observer mode

Erm - I guess you did not play Guild Wars?

Observer mode (added after release) in GW had all that, which makes the omission in GW2 even more baffling. :-/

Oh.. heh, no, I only played the first GW during beta.  (not that I didn't like it, but never got around to picking it up)

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    The ability to preview items on the Trading Post. Its severely annoying that this is still missing from the game.
  • Proton37Proton37 Member Posts: 7

Better tradre post ( why cant I just view heavy armor ?? or w/e seriously WTF !!!! )

More mini games (poker ect....)

Better mobs !!!!

seriously they are boring as hello, level 3 bear, level 5 bear, level 20 bear, they all look the same, and even at max graphics they look like a blob with no realy detail ..  Like to see some cool a$$ mobs like Tera.

Give me  a reason to explore, would love to see vast lands with no idea what I will find, not just go from heart to heart.

So many more, but most are impossible to put inside a themepark , example, would love to enter a world with no cities, no forge , no access to high level zones till we discover and build these amazine things, like forges and bridges to connect to new lands, requiring tons of exploring and resources and a huge community effort to get them done.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

* sPvP gear viewable in Character Select

* Glory rank have some kind of meaning in WvW

* New Weapons (whip, crossbow, bare handed, 2h axe, melee bow, polearm, etc.)

* Alternative Abilities

* More Siege

* Player Camps in WvW