Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you plan to check out EQNEXT ?

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
The title says it all. Do you plan to try  out the game if no why?

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Not interested.

Reason: SOE

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Not interested.

Reason:  Business model with cash shop and currency selling (Krono).

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Interested

big fan of EQ1,though if its anything like EQ2 I will definitely pass.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Hell yeah.
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I'll check it out, when there's something to actually check out.  Right now, it interests me about as much as TESO, which is to say, I'm very skeptical, but have no idea what to expect, yet, not really.  Games always sound different on paper, but as soon as I see some real gameplay, at least, I'll have a better idea of where to set my personal hype meter.

Also, I'm so sick of looking forward to games for years, only to get bored of them in less than a month.  Ask me again, when launch day is like, yesterday.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• pvpirlpvpirl Member UncommonPosts: 178

Hell Yes.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Actually, knowing that leprosy is one of the hardest of all diseases to actually catch, I might prefer taking the leper to the prom.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    My hope for this game is that it will bring all of us mmorpg poster together in mutal love for the game.  image
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    i'm interested but I want more details on what's coming.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Not only no but hell no.

I am not playing any game made by SOE or anygame that says its a sandbox.  I am going to be the anti-conformist of this site and loathe anything related to the S word.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Yes.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Very interested, but hesitant due to the business model.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

With gamers MMO luck lately SOE will put 'Silius' in charge of EQNext and we'll get the most rigidly structured non-Sandbox Sandbox anyone could ever imagine. :(

I am not certain if SOE has the creativity to do a Sandbox properly but hope springs eternal and I shall await and see if it is worth picking up. My biggest fear is that they do as Smedley has said all future SOE games will be, and make it a cash-shopped freemium game.

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167

Meh I'm not too sure on the EQ-Next! I mean I dont like the lazy look of some of their Char designs or a big fan of the lore. One thing that does stand out for me is the them of the cities and other locations

Another big thing for me is I don't think SE really backs their MMO's as well as most Devs. Look at Vanguard, EQ2, DC online, SWG, Matrix Online, and other games that seem like trash to me.

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    With gamers MMO luck lately SOE will put 'Silius' in charge of EQNext and we'll get the most rigidly structured non-Sandbox Sandbox anyone could ever imagine. :( I am not certain if SOE has the creativity to do a Sandbox properly but hope springs eternal and I shall await and see if it is worth picking up. My biggest fear is that they do as Smedley has said all future SOE games will be, and make it a cash-shopped freemium game.

Yeah because SWG was such a very bad sandbox..... /shakehead

• nateslonateslo Member UncommonPosts: 49

Hell yeah  I will check it out. Some of my very best MMO experiences were EQ1, EQ2, and Vanguard. I know a lot of people dislike SOE. I think they have made some mistakes in the past, but I have faith. Is there some new info about EQNEXT that I missed recently? I haven't been on MMORPG.com in a while. 

Btw: The typos in the poll make my head hurt. 

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I was another huge fan of EQ1 and if this is anything like it in terms of gameplay and classes I'm totally in. I've been waiting for this to happen for a long time but the question is can they pull it off like they claim. I sure hope so...
  • funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    I will be paying attention to it but really until another year or so passes not a lot to think about.
  • funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Not only no but hell no.

I am not playing any game made by SOE or anygame that says its a sandbox.  I am going to be the anti-conformist of this site and loathe anything related to the S word.

Isn't playing nothing but theme parks being a conformist?

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Yes^6

Far more interested that Archeage

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Need an option for uncommitted. I'm certainly interested enough to follow news and announcements about it. But it's WAY too soon to say "I'm gonna play it".

If it looks good when the details firm up, then for sure I'll play it at launch.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    If it is pve game I buy it and pay the subscription fee, if the game is pvp I wont even considder playing it.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by tank017

Interested

big fan of EQ1,though if its anything like EQ2 I will definitely pass.

100% agree here.  Loved EQ1.  All of the instancing in EQ2 + a myrid of other smaller problems turned me off.  Although housing in EQ2 was sweeeet =)

• pvpirlpvpirl Member UncommonPosts: 178

Originally posted by ragz45
    Originally posted by tank017 Interested   big fan of EQ1,though if its anything like EQ2 I will definitely pass.
    100% agree here.  Loved EQ1.  All of the instancing in EQ2 + a myrid of other smaller problems turned me off.  Although housing in EQ2 was sweeeet =)

Agreed.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    90% of the people plan on checking out at some point. Looks like it's off to a good start.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"