Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess when SWTOR will get the first expansion!

What do you think?

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

I picked the most logical option.

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

yeah, most of us were like ...never?

Unless f2p is considered to be an expenasion, in which case, pretty damn soon.

Although I would call it...what's the opposite of expansion? contraction?

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by lalartu

yeah, most of us were like ...never?

Unless f2p is considered to be an expenasion, in which case, pretty damn soon.

Although I would call it...what's the opposite of expansion? contraction?

I lol'd

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    The only expansion I can see it getting is when the license is up for the IP and Disney makes them rewrite it to fit whatever new starwars cannon the Mouse puts out.
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    the game will be lucky if it's around that long.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• SheepduckSheepduck Member Posts: 32
    Seems like "Never" is the winning option, you're lucky the servers are still turned on
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Summer 2013 if at all..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

woah! "Never" at lead position?

Guess there go my christmas hopes for the SSSP expansion...

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Large update before Xmas 2012 ans Expansion Spring or Summer 2013.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    think it will really depend on how much money they make on the f2p conversion..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    think it will really depend on how much money they make on the f2p conversion..

In long term yes, but I would imagine that there is a team working on new expansion already. They said even at launch that they have a lot of story etc already in work for next few years. The question is... are they going to follow with this plan or if they decided to change it. if they change it, the wait may be longer, but they would have to be really stupid if they think that they can continue without major content (aka expansion) in the really near future. And I doubt they are THAT stupid.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    I actually like swtor, played it for over 8 months, but even i picked never and unless something major happens to bring players back I will stick with that option
    Originally posted by deakon
    I actually like swtor, played it for over 8 months, but even i picked never and unless something major happens to bring players back I will stick with that option

The game has potential, but it needs a NGE (in a good way).. a new planet and some polishing here and there won't cut it

• AegisSagaAegisSaga Member Posts: 33
    To be honest, the only way I'd play TOR again is if they changed their engine: so never. I hate the Hero Engine and I hate that ESO will use it.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by AegisSaga
    To be honest, the only way I'd play TOR again is if they changed their engine: so never. I hate the Hero Engine and I hate that ESO will use it.

TESO uses an in house engine. HERO was only used to prototype some areas as a development bridge while they made the transition. (SOURCE)

eso isnt using it, the eso engine is built for eso, they only used the hero engine to design parts of the game while the engine was being built (a bit like bioware used the aurora engine to build some of swtor before they had the hero engine)

eso isnt using it, the eso engine is built for eso, they only used the hero engine to design parts of the game while the engine was being built (a bit like bioware used the aurora engine to build some of swtor before they had the hero engine)

Hehehe... Full 9 seconds. And I even had a source. :P

Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

Hehehe... Full 9 seconds. And I even had a source. :P

Yeah but at least mine had worse punctuation =P

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    but come ON guys, they have 200 people working on this Wow killer and they are removing the monthly fee that all of us have said is the problem (along with half the client functionality, but that's another topic)!

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

Originally posted by saxifr
    but come ON guys, they have 200 people working on this Wow killer and they are removing the monthly fee that all of us have said is the problem (along with half the client functionality, but that's another topic)!

hey wait, was that sarcasm?? :D

TBH I'm quite disappointed they simply NEVER acknowledge that their game designs has some holes, grand canyon size.

Instead they blame the sub model. 

I wish they would just admit that they were not up to the task to make this game shine, but they now go back to the drawing board for a major revamp.

Instead, many months lost for a F2P model, no revamp, no nothing

Originally posted by Yakamomoto

TBH I'm quite disappointed they simply NEVER acknowledge that their game designs has some holes, grand canyon size.

I wish they would just admit that they were not up to the task to make this game shine, but they now go back to the drawing board for a major revamp.

But OMG they are LEADING industry PVP designers and have the best people in the business on the game! per their own quotes no less. Just look at Illium. I mean it took some real effort to F something up that BAD!!! Somebody on staff is pure boss, man. Pure boss. 

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I think they shut down the wrong star wars game.....
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

To paraphrase a great, wise Jedi Master: "And THAT is why they fail."

Such a pity they can't get over their hubris and acually fix the game's real problems (most of which are quite fixable).

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    I think they shut down the wrong star wars game.....

^^ beautiful. I lol'd

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

But OMG they are LEADING industry PVP designers and have the best people in the business on the game! per their own quotes no less. Just look at Illium. I mean it took some real effort to F something up that BAD!!! Somebody on staff is pure boss, man. Pure boss. 

It's ilum, not ilium, The ilium is a large bone in the pelvis. Wait. Come to think of it ilium is appropiate, everyone got boned.