Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: New Continent & Integrated Twitch.TV Arrive

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

PlanetSide 2 beta testers are being treated to a double cool set of new features with the latest game update. Included in the newest patch is a new continent and the Twitch.tv integration which allows players to stream without leaving the game.

SOE & Twitch Form Partnership:

• Twitch, the world's largest video platform and community for gamers, has partnered with SOE to integrate the Twitch Api into PlanetSide 2, thereby giving players the added ability to instantly broadcast gameplay directly from PlanetSide 2 with one-click.

• PlanetSide 2 will be the first game to feature the ability to stream directly to Twitch with a single click.

Troops Deploy to Amerish

• PlanetSide 2's third continent, Amerish, was revealed during this year's SOE Live and is now playable in beta.

• The all-new continent's terrain mimics the Scottish highlands and outfits should be aware that the Amerish's lush, green hills and forests will force new battle tactics as they try to defend their outposts. 

Find out more on the PlanetSide 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Just loving this game! A big step up from ps1 can't get enough!
  • AlordrenceAlordrence Member UncommonPosts: 39
    They havent even released the patch update yet for the new map..........................so no we havent been treated yet.
  • urthal22urthal22 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    lol i started my PS2 after reading this to get the patch going, but it isnt available yet x)
  • coldcorpsecoldcorpse Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Man it seems like every trailer is focused on the NC no love for the TR or VS.
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by coldcorpse

Vanu got a little luv on the patch before. Some weapon changes brought the overall weapons of each faction closer..

Don't know about the Lasher yet, but Vanu won't be completely at the bottom of the barrel in weapons in this interation of Planetside..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by Opapanax

Vanu got a little luv on the patch before. Some weapon changes brought the overall weapons of each faction closer..

Don't know about the Lasher yet, but Vanu won't be completely at the bottom of the barrel in weapons in this interation of Planetside..

except that right now the vu has the vast majority of control of both continents.

speaking of "both" when is this update actually coming?

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by atticusbc

except that right now the vu has the vast majority of control of both continents.

Depends on your server honestly..

West has a heavier population of NC, TR toons.

EU I understand is kinda dominated by Vanu

East server seems to be the most balanced of the three servers. Often times it has only 5% of seperation amongst the factions.

I play on East, you might be having a different experience elsewhere..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

East server seems to be the most balanced of the three servers. Often times it has only 5% of seperation amongst the factions.

see, i'm on the west server and both continents are being dominated by vanu. i don't think they have a massive pop either. it's either the bump they gave their weapons, or they are ridiculously organized.

EDIT: i really think soe should just make the different factions cosmetic. i don't think they're going to be able to balance it right otherwise.

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350

see, i'm on the west server and both continents are being dominated by vanu. i don't think they have a massive pop either. it's either the bump they gave their weapons, or they are ridiculously organized.

EDIT: i really think soe should just make the different factions cosmetic. i don't think they're going to be able to balance it right otherwise.

God no.

Originally posted by Avison

God no.

hey all i know is that my level whatever heavy going straight up toe to toe with random new vanu players gets killed before i can even drop their shield because they knocked the bottom out of the rof for the gun i've poured certs into. so yeah. when they get better at balance they can do three versions of every gun. right now they need to work on bugs.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Regardless... This game is sooo much fun and I don't even like these types of games :)

Smile

• MilitantMilitant Member Posts: 48
    I dunno about VS being all badass.. Weapons at range are still much weaker than other 2 factions.. I mean, as a sniper I have been killed many times by a heavy at range cause VS guns get so weak at range.. And dont get me started on the damn bolt driver.. Been 1 shot by that thing as every class..
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

We are organised we have 3 large outfits on West for Vanu soon as we log on we turn the map purple. Also we usually camp the warpgates they focus on us and the zergs take the map. 

We was underpopped last night durning outfit night we had 25% pop but had over 50% of the map. It is not down to weapons more down to squads working as a group. I have played TR and NC my K/D is far better than on Vanu I have rolled with NC and TR squads and to be fair they are just not organised at all. And the ones that are never react fast enough.

My outfit takes around 2 mins to fully recall load gals and be setting off to a location. I have been sat in TR and NC warpgates waiting for over 15 mins when checking the other sides out.

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46
    dont think the game is ready for release this month way to many bugs and crashes
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Just waiting for access now.