Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sooo borredd...

wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
Anyone else bored to death waiting for the next batch of MMO's? Any previously bored folks find something cool to play in the mean time?

Comments

• maddhatter44maddhatter44 Member Posts: 78

league of legends-dota2-torchlight 2

assassain creed 3 just came out

cs:go is free this weekend on steam

revisit skyrim, just revisited farcry2 

almost forgot.... dishonored?  greattt game

rift sotrm legion open beta is this weekend

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350

I too know your pain.

I decided to take advantage of steam sales and now have purchased:

Bastion, Prototype, The Darkness 2, Vampire the Masquerade, Overlord 2, RAGE, They Bleed Pixels, Bioshock 1&2, Psychonauts, and Hotline Miami... FOR LESS THAN 50$ TOTAL!

Take advantage of the steam halloween sale right now. Anything remotely scary/halloween/supernatural related is on sale for 50-75%.

• maddhatter44maddhatter44 Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by Avison

I too know your pain.

I decided to take advantage of steam sales and now have purchased:

Bastion, Prototype, The Darkness 2, Vampire the Masquerade, Overlord 2, RAGE, They Bleed Pixels, Bioshock 1&2, Psychonauts, and Hotline Miami... FOR LESS THAN 50$ TOTAL!

Take advantage of the steam halloween sale right now. Anything remotely scary/halloween/supernatural related is on sale for 50-75%.

sale is over bro

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I am really having a blast with Borderlands 2. But like many others I am looking for a good MMORPG all over again. There is nothing out there at the moment that "really" intrigues me. I keep hoping for a new AAA release announcement...
  • uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Re playing Morrowind, the best TES game ever. BTW i do not play MMO anymore: so booooring.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Try Abandonware ,,,

Good for me .. good for you

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Karteli

Try Abandonware ,,,

Good for me .. good for you

abandonware can be pretty fun.  a year or so ago i got king's quest iii and iv thru them.

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179

League of Legends and XCOM mainly.

I really wish they'd make a solely multiplayer focused strategy/wargaming/turn-based game, like XCOM, for PC.   

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

I do not think it is the games I believe it is a certain breed of people who power through games or have to beat a game as quick as possible or have to get end game content.

The idea of end game content in an mmo is to me very strange.

We have had many good mmo games released in the past years but the expectation of some players has become unrealistic.

TSW is actually taking up much of my time now.

We have content and innovative games out there that are different if you actually play them and become part of the world, Both me and my wife make a rule that we never use FAQ pages, walkthroughs or solutions for any mmo game, this is why we still have a lot of content to experience TSW because we do not let anyone tell us the answers and with a game like TSW where part of the fun is figuring things out.

At the same time we know burn out can occur so we have skyrim (modded to hell) Oblivion (47 gb of stable mods) borderlands 2, mass effect series, Sims 3, Torchlight 2, dungeon defenders, saints row 3, Fallout NV (a completely unstable modded mess) FTL.

We plan to get GW2 dishonoured and UFO once we finish the available content in TSW.

Always have the pure player content and challenge of EVE to fall back on.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by wordiz
    Anyone else bored to death waiting for the next batch of MMO's? Any previously bored folks find something cool to play in the mean time?

GW2 is B2P, no reason for you to have nothing to play.

Come on back ;)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Some excellent suggestions. I actually started playing the NWN 2 expansion I never played. Hehe.
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by wordiz

GW2 is B2P, no reason for you to have nothing to play.

Come on back ;)

I've done all there is to do in GW2 really. Kinda burned out on WvW, and not a big SPVP person. Great game, just waiting for the update this month and I'll be back to check it out for sure.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I am reinstalling LOTRO.  I have a lifetime sub so it's basically B2P for me.  Plus, it's a good game to boot!
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394

I've actually been playing FF7-9/Tactics with difficulty mods on an emulator with advanced graphic shaders. The Final Fantasy 7 mod alone gave me around 120 hours of entertainment (the clock stops at 99:99:99, so I'm not sure) which is over 5x what the last MMO I purchased gave me.

I've also got some silly PS3 games waiting when I finish, like the Sly Cooper Collection and I'm looking at buying the Ratchet & Clank one, too.

All-in-all, I'm not too worried about not having games to play right now. I would really suggest people try FF7-9 again, with updated graphics, if they haven't played them in 10+ years, like me. Relearning the intricacies of the gameplay and storylines has been fun.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by goozmania

I've actually been playing FF7-9/Tactics with difficulty mods on an emulator with advanced graphic shaders. The Final Fantasy 7 mod alone gave me around 120 hours of entertainment (the clock stops at 99:99:99, so I'm not sure) which is over 5x what the last MMO I purchased gave me.

I've also got some silly PS3 games waiting when I finish, like the Sly Cooper Collection and I'm looking at buying the Ratchet & Clank one, too.

All-in-all, I'm not too worried about not having games to play right now. I would really suggest people try FF7-9 again, with updated graphics, if they haven't played them in 10+ years, like me. Relearning the intricacies of the gameplay and storylines has been fun.

and where might one find these graphiclly enhanced versions please?

would do some strange things to play them in HD >.>

EDIT: PM me if it's something the mods would get itchy about. thanks :)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by goozmania

and where might one find these graphiclly enhanced versions please?

would do some strange things to play them in HD >.>

EDIT: PM me if it's something the mods would get itchy about. thanks :)

I think we've all legally owned these games at some point in our lives, so I don't feel I'm breaking any rules here, but I use an emulator for the PC, called epsxe. You can google "epsxe custom shaders" and get pretty much all the information you need from some of the top posts; including some screenshots. Some make the 3d rendering look comic-style, like Champions Online, while others just smooth it out, so it looks crisp and colorful on a 1080p monitor.

As for the difficulty mods, check out "insanedifficulty". Basically they just made patches that you apply to the rom itself, and they also supply the patching software.

• OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

Have playd Dark soul for the last few months, the world there is big. The game it self is superb if you dont mind dieing a few times. 

Crusader kings 2 is a good sandbox strategy game, it lack 3d engine and can be very complicated when you 1st enter. But the world goes around even if your a little passive so not a problem realy.

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87

Looking fowad to Elder scrolls yeah it's a while away and Everquest Next.

I recommend reading the book (yeah it's a book) called Cyber Junkies on video game addiction which could prove food to why you are bored =)

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Turn off your computer and go read some books for a few weeks. You are probably just burnt out.
  • gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I went back started playing Skyrim with a lot of mods, I cant believe no one has made an mmo using skyrims base mechanics, I mean I know being able to pause for combat is unrealistic, but why a mmo cant make a skyrim type world is boggling.
  • Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by gravesworn
    I went back started playing Skyrim with a lot of mods, I cant believe no one has made an mmo using skyrims base mechanics, I mean I know being able to pause for combat is unrealistic, but why a mmo cant make a skyrim type world is boggling.

Says someone whos not working with producing games. Theres plenty of problems to be solved if you wish to make a skyrim mmo but yes it would be pretty sweet.

• zkyclearzkyclear Member Posts: 4
    I'm now really enjoy Dota lol
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    give smite a try, i was really bored with MMOs after GW2 let me down but smite has been alot of fun. its a moba type game but the view and movement is like MMO.
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

I was so bored with MMOs that I started to play flight sim! Never thought that this would happend to me...

Since GW2 I can't play any MMORPGs. Think this game just sucked... my fun out of MMOs.
    The only game that im exited about atm is PS2. All these sword 'n' board fantasy games can stay in their lala land.

Was such a die hard fantasy fan since DAoC but im burned out of these theme. Maybe my passion about RPGs will come back again, who knows.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 454
    EVE Online - Never gets old.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan