Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Storm Legion Open Beta Now Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds is inviting all interested players to join in on the open beta for Rift: Storm Legion. The open beta event is free to anyone and can be played from now through November 7th.

The storm has arrived, and the Infinity Gate spins to life! Experience the spectacle of everything that the expansion has to offer:

• Delve into all seven dungeons and a new Chronicle while ascending to level 60

• Unlock more Dimensions and adventure through ALL leveling zones

• Battle Crucia and her legion to the Steppes of Infinity and prepare for launch on Nov. 13!

• Pre-order now for early dungeon access starting Oct. 30.

Get started on the Rift site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

It's worth pointing out there’s an auto levelling npc (fluffy) in each city that you can use to level to 50 so even if you don’t have a level 50 character you can still check the new content out.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Experiance more hit and run grouping where you rarely make friends

trip over even more mobs that are even more densely packed together.

and GRIND your next set of tiered gear.

Originally posted by Coolit

It's worth pointing out there’s an auto levelling npc (fluffy) in each city that you can use to level to 50 so even if you don’t have a level 50 character you can still check the new content out.

Revolutionary, I can pay a subscription now and go watch football!  And not really play at all. 

[mod edit]

Tsk Tsk name calling is not polite. I'm sorry if my opinion of the game differs from yours. Yes I  came away from the game feeling it was very lacking. I do give the devs credit for trying to keep putting out content. However insulting  someone who has a different opinion than yours is pretty rude.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Popped in for a few minutes to check out new soul. Combat is so boring compared to GW2. Had to quit.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    Originally posted by Coolit

Revolutionary, I can pay a subscription now and go watch football!  And not really play at all. 

Fluffy is just for the Beta, not for the live game.

Originally posted by mCalvert
    Popped in for a few minutes to check out new soul. Combat is so boring compared to GW2. Had to quit.

Better watch out with comments like that you will be called names and insulted.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Well, I love it. Ignore these naysayers. All the people loving it are busy playing it. The only reason I'm not now is because I want to save it.. and because I have lots I want to do in the game before the expansion comes (I'll never have time for it all).

The expansion is the size of a whole new game, probably bigger.

They should really have been advertising all the new rift types, high 100's or over a 1000 new items, 100's of new enemies, new instant adventures, 100's (maybe 1000+) new quests, new warfront, new conquest map(s?), new type of quests; Carnage... etc. etc.

It's a shame that most people don't even know all these new things are being added to game with the expansion. Piss poor marketing.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I have to say I've not had any problems making friends in RiFT, the community is really great unlike some MMO's. Vannor I totally agree this expansion is of epic proportions and the amount of content is mind blowing, it really is like a full new game worth of content and then some.
    I have always given props to the development team for  all of their hard work. It's a lot like SOE and EQ at least back when I played. The expansions were huge. Right now I am also impressed with Anet and GW2 development team, and they are just starting.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Sandy must of washed out all the bridges and this thread is where all the trolls ended up.
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

The first statement isnt Rift's fault, its just how players are today.  The GCD click spam fest is the only thing that Rift could change to make things more social, but that would require an enormous shift in mechanics.

The second though, they seem to have worked on.  Storm Legon feels a lot more open and less claustrophobic.  they are learning.

Now if only they would use that knowledge towards your third point...

Originally posted by strangiato2112

The first statement isnt Rift's fault, its just how players are today.  The GCD click spam fest is the only thing that Rift could change to make things more social, but that would require an enormous shift in mechanics.

The second though, they seem to have worked on.  Storm Legon feels a lot more open and less claustrophobic.  they are learning.

Now if only they would use that knowledge towards your third point...

Lol now see I can get this retort or response. Insulting another person like what happened earlier because you dont share the same opinion is just rude

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Vannor

They should really have been advertising all the new rift types, high 100's or over a 1000 new items, 100's of new enemies, new instant adventures, 100's (maybe 1000+) new quests, new warfront, new conquest map(s?), new type of quests; Carnage... etc. etc.

It's a shame that most people don't even know all these new things are being added to game with the expansion. Piss poor marketing.

Hunt Rifts has been advertised.  New items, new enemies, new instant adventures, new quests, new warfront, new conquest: ths is stuff that is EXPECTED for an expansion.  As far as carnage, getting a kill 20 mobs quest from killing a mob vs from an npc is hardly a big feature to advertise (but they have advertised it anyway).

The media blitz for this expansion is by far the biggest ever seen as far as online advertising goes.  They cant afford TV ads, but StormLegion is being shoved down our throats on any MMO news site and ads are everywhere on any site remotely related to gaming.  One thing SL does not have is piss poor marketing.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Originally posted by Vannor

Hunt Rifts has been advertised.  New items, new enemies, new instant adventures, new quests, new warfront, new conquest: ths is stuff that is EXPECTED for an expansion.  As far as carnage, getting a kill 20 mobs quest from killing a mob vs from an npc is hardly a big feature to advertise (but they have advertised it anyway).

The media blitz for this expansion is by far the biggest ever seen as far as online advertising goes.  They cant afford TV ads, but StormLegion is being shoved down our throats on any MMO news site and ads are everywhere on any site remotely related to gaming.  One thing SL does not have is piss poor marketing.

They communicated it through live streams, interviews and stuff like that.. but I mean those features arn't in any adverts or trailers.. they are the main thing people who arn't interested in the game will likely see. As for expected features, I think you overestimate the views of people who are either new or biased in some way, they won't be expectant or hopeful... they need to be spoon fed. Lots of marketing does not always mean good marketing, it could be done a lot better.

Also, the carnage quests make a large change to the flow of the questing experience and the value of exploration. To say they hardly make a difference is naive. Those, and the way most quests are found on the mobs or usable items themselves, are a large step in the right direction away from quest hubs. If you want to complete lots of quests you gotta go out and find most of them yourself.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

As much as I respect Trion and thoroughly enjoyed Rift in the past, I just can't anymore. I tried but I can't. I did get 6 solid months of fun out of Rift though, in addition to all the fun I had in beta, and that's more than most themeparks net me.

I wish Trion and the players all the best with SL and I will certainly be checking out Defiance.

• Currently playing open beta and getting blast. They added too much things, too much options to regular game. My cleric lvl 54 and im passed %40-50 content to get this lvl because something happenning you move to any area in any zone and theres not tunneling lvl up system while lvling. Bad thing we can only test one warfront ( warfront is instanced PvP battleground) in open beta but probably they saving new warfronts and new Conquer (conquer is instanced "huge" PvP map including 3 factions and many PvP objectives etc.) map for launch day. Also 2 high lvl zones ( one of them like ember isle in regular game, big and tought zone) locked for beta.

Rift was successful game and new expansion nice and huge addition to current game.