Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really don't understand the bashing against GW2

Comments

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

It's been funny to watch Creslin's approach to inconsolable GW2 bashers (many people post real criticisms; I'm talking about posters who are clearly just bashing, or who perhaps have real criticisms but are so inarticulate that they simply cannot express them or even properly identify the logical foundations for those criticisms) change from detailed, well-reasonsed responses filled with honest counter arguments using actual, you know, arguments, to expressions of infuriated indignation, and now to casual sarcastic dismissal.  

Perhap it's just his day to day mood, or maybe...

He is evolving!

• 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75

/sigh @ players nowadays

GW2 just came out...what do you expect? To have EVERYTHING like player housing etc. etc.? 

Unlike WoW and some other games which had couple of years to evolve, this game is new and is still releasing content. It would be very stupid of the devs to release ALL ideas at once (expansions). Also GW2's philosophy is to release polished content (note: not bugfree). 

Here's a link https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Torgrim

GW2 is a AAA product right?

There is plenty of content for everyone?

You are not forced into a roll in a dungeon run?

You are not forced to play in your homeland you can travel and meet up friends right?

Ohh, did I forget to say It's buy and play.

Guild Wars 2 have huge amount of content for players to experince when they buy the game and still this game is attacked from all side like a common sub game.

Why is that?

The same reason why people hate on things like: Walmart, Nickelback, Wall St, and Starbucks.  A large segment of the population just hate anything successful and popular.

you presume to much.

I like walmart.

I hate nickelback

Im indifferent about wall st

I hate Starbucks

Now unless i told you, you wouldnt know why i like or dislike these things. So dont just say a large segment of the population hates anything successful or popular because in fact you really dont know. Your projecting your opinion as facts again.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by 1vald2

/sigh @ players nowadays

GW2 just came out...what do you expect? To have EVERYTHING like player housing etc. etc.? 

Unlike WoW and some other games which had couple of years to evolve, this game is new and is still releasing content. It would be very stupid of the devs to release ALL ideas at once (expansions). Also GW2's philosophy is to release polished content (note: not bugfree). 

Here's a link https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/

Lol.......

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

You are not forced to play in your homeland you can travel and meet up friends right?

Guild Wars 2 have huge amount of content for players to experince when they buy the game and still this game is attacked from all side like a common sub game.

Why is that?

The same reason why people hate on things like: Walmart, Nickelback, Wall St, and Starbucks.  A large segment of the population just hate anything successful and popular.

you presume to much.

I like walmart.

I hate nickelback

I hate Starbucks

Now unless i told you, you wouldnt know why i like or dislike these things. So dont just say a large segment of the population hates anything successful or popular because in fact you really dont know. Your projecting your opinion as facts again.

some people do hate things for being successful.  http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101116231928AAjXS12

im curious as to why you hate starbucks?

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

EDIT: My comparison on GW2 to these shows was to point out that GW2 is ment for that quick log in and play for 10 mins then log out. Was in no way intended to compared to those shows as if GW2 was a POS lol.

So when many guildies (including myself) play up to 6+ hours a day during week ends, we are doing something wrong...

Sorry man, but your play style isn't by any means a general rule ;)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by muffins89

Why is that?

you presume to much.

I like walmart.

I hate nickelback

I hate Starbucks

some people do hate things for being successful.  http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101116231928AAjXS12

Yes some people do hate on popular things ( for there own reasons)  but he said a LARGE Segment of the population...

Also i hate coffee and spending money so a shop that charges outragous prices for coffee gets added to my hate list =)

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

GW2 have probably the worst and most defensive fanbase on this site. THere is more threads about why peole bash the game then there are thread actually bashing...

Every critizism against GW2 is met with a bunch of fans  blaming "themepark burnout" .. just lol...

Ive even seen fans saying that not having mounts is a PRO not a con.. unbelievable.

GW2 is just a solid game without a monthly sub.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

Theres always idiots that will bash every single game on the market . Its a bit pathetic really but I'm sure in thier heads they are legends .

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Papadam

GW2 have probably the worst and most defensive fanbase on this site. THere is more threads about why peole bash the game then there are thread actually bashing...

Every critizism against GW2 is met with a bunch of fans  blaming "themepark burnout" .. just lol...

Ive even seen fans saying that not having mounts is a PRO not a con.. unbelievable.

so because you believe it's a CON it must be? good to know

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

EDIT: My comparison on GW2 to these shows was to point out that GW2 is ment for that quick log in and play for 10 mins then log out. Was in no way intended to compared to those shows as if GW2 was a POS lol.

So when many guildies (including myself) play up to 6+ hours a day during week ends, we are doing something wrong...

Sorry man, but your play style isn't by any means a general rule ;)

Im just goin by what Anet set forth as fact. Dont kill the messenger. Did they not say the GW2 was casual friendly? that it was ment to be picked up for a few hours a week then could be put back down for an extented period of time then picked back up again without feeling like your working from behind? Im paraphrasing mind you.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Im sure its a CON to him so your right it must be. Were loosing site that most of this hate/love about gw2 or any game for the matter is ALL OPINIONATIVE.

No reason to get snipy because of someones opinion no matter how unreasonable it may seem to you.

My grandpop uase to say "opinions are like assholes. everyone has them and they all stink."

Im sure its a CON to him so your right it must be. Were loosing site that most of this hate/love about gw2 or any game for the matter is ALL OPINIONATIVE.

No reason to get snipy because of someones opinion no matter how unreasonable it may seem to you.

My grandpop uase to say "opinions are like assholes. everyone has them and they all stink."

guess you missed my point.. nm

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by grimal
    It's called hype backlash.  The bigger the hype, the harder the fall.

after 3 BWEs and hundreds of youtube videos what all was really hidden as far as core gameplay? what the game was all about was known for quite sometime.. no raids no stat progressive gear grind.. all that was known for a very long time.. if that's what upset people that's really their own fault..

[mod edit]

The problem with videos and developers promise is in can all look great but in reality doesn't always work out. No gear grinding? Great! I hate doing that as well. But reality there's nothing to aim for at lv80 thus no continuation of playing. Dynamic events? Awesome, no quest hubs and massive grouping in all areas! In reality it's just a reverse of a questing mechanic, with less variety then it's competitors.  I could go on but I think you get the point.

Is 3 BWE's enough time to make an assessment about an MMO? I doubt it, that's at most 12 days, hardly a great time to make an assessment longterm.  I stopped playing after about 15 days play time so that's just after, short term it is fun, just isn't an involved enough experience for me.

The bashing is quite simple, it's the same thing we had with WAR and AOC. [mod edit]

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    / thread
    [mod edit]

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    [mod edit]
  • deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by muffins89

Because they make billions yet last year paid £0 tax, that makes them a word i cant say on a public forum

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    I would say most the negative feelings towards GW2 is more to do with it's fans on this site at least.

Any negative constructive post is meet with fans who are way to defensive over what is an average MMO at most.

An example would be a fan slating anyone who said they were bored and then weeks later the same fan starts a thread complaining about the very issues that he was calling others trolls for.

Then you have the fan who really is blind to any fault that GW2 does have.Mention bugs and he will say "i haven't seen any bugs" or mention the never ending bugs and hacks and he will say "what server are you on because i have never seen a bot or hacks" so this is why i think GW2 get's the stick it does.

The actual game is okay but that's all it is IMO.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by grimal
    It's called hype backlash.  The bigger the hype, the harder the fall.

after 3 BWEs and hundreds of youtube videos what all was really hidden as far as core gameplay? what the game was all about was known for quite sometime.. no raids no stat progressive gear grind.. all that was known for a very long time.. if that's what upset people that's really their own fault..

Precisely, add to that "hacking & botting" like in any other recent themepark MMORPG, and people should not really be surprised. It was all out there for those who were prepared to look. People should take responsability and stop blaming the companies for their own mistakes.

[mod edit]

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Edited.

[mod edit]

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Omnifish
    (...)

You cant put that on her or anyone else that hyped up GW2. At some point personal responsibility has to play a part. If you chose to buy GW2 after you read someones hype post about the game and then hated it, you have no one to blame but yourself.

I agree, but you are being far too leniant in my opinion. If anyone bought GW2 and then found out they didn't like the game as much as they wanted to, then it is their own fault. There was more than enough information released prior to the official release of the game. It is like running in front of a train and then blame the train company for your wounds. 

[mod edit]

This discussion has been closed.