Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should the Elder Scrolls Online be buy to play ? poll

Comments

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    This game is a failure before launch and should be scrapped.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• DTigerSKZDTigerSKZ Member Posts: 1
    Pay to Play hopefuly.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    No
  • HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

B2P with cashshop like any EA game, so I can avoid it.

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by TalulaRose
    No, too many freeloaders in the genre.

^^ THIS!

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    I'd not pay a monthly fee for it.

a yo ho ho

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Sub based with no cash shop.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Pure sub, no box price, no expansion boxes,no cash shop

Eve has the best pay model.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

It amazes me how anti-sub people are these days.  $15 a month is dirt cheap in terms of entertainment.  F2P always comes with cash shop item gouging tacked on, and I have no idea how people find that attractive.

You make me like charity

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Pure sub, no box price, no expansion boxes,no cash shop

Eve has the best pay model.

Unless they changed something, I had to buy the game in addition to the sub.  It wasn't much, maybe $10 or $20, but it wasn't free either.

You make me like charity

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by asmkm22

It amazes me how anti-sub people are these days.  $15 a month is dirt cheap in terms of entertainment.  F2P always comes with cash shop item gouging tacked on, and I have no idea how people find that attractive.

Read the sig.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    I did not vote since i dont care, not convinced the game will be fun.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i'd prefer sub based no cash shop.  i dont like being reminded that i can spend additinal money in games.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Shoud be buy to play since its mostly going to be a single person with a co-op to it, then let me  buy dlc packs.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    subscription based

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Originally posted by roo67
    Originally posted by Caldrin

No should be sub based... and no cash shop..

So I guess your prepared for the almost inevitable free to play conversion within a year or two and the cash shop that goes with it then ? Very few modern games can charge a sub and have any kind of success .

it's not the payment model causing games to fall short.  it's the game.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

No. I hope not. P2P is a service. Developers must treat the relationship with the customer as such.  This relationship does not exist in B2P. I've seen too much "Tough luck sorry can't help you." with the b2P model. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by meddyck
    Yes all AAA MMOs should be B2P from now on. Subscription is a failed model. Only maybe Blizzard's secret MMO might succeed long term as a new sub MMO.

Sub fee is a failed model for a game that has 2 months of content and nothig after that besides bad-mediocre pvp and mindless pve grind while waiting for updates.

This i why i vote B2P. I prefer P2P, but, unless the pvp, crafting and general non combat content is great, TESO is sounding like a short term game. If that's the case, no sub fee for me please.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    i hope no,B2P same as F2P,  ruining game community,just bring large number  bad peoples
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

If it's good, it won't matter.  If it's not.. it still won't matter.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

if it's a good game idc what the payment model is.
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

I am getting tired of this B2p, P2P, F2P........ jeeeez.

Shouldn't be players more worried about if TESO is going o be fun game to play? i could care less what payment model it uses if gameplay is utter crap.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

After how short lived GW2 was for me, I'm actually pretty put off BTP MMOs. The ony two mmos I see that are widely suggested for long term play are WoW and Rift, both with subs. I mean in the Fantasy genre here, EvE and such games are also quality games (sub based again).

Subs are the only way of the getting the kind MMO experience that made us love these games in the first place. Some get it wrong, but so far the only MMOs that have really impressed me were sub games (at least to start with).

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by roo67
    Originally posted by Caldrin

No should be sub based... and no cash shop..

So I guess your prepared for the almost inevitable free to play conversion within a year or two and the cash shop that goes with it then ? Very few modern games can charge a sub and have any kind of success .

Except that very few modern games could continually update enough content or included enough emergent content to keep enough players playing.

The issue is not a subscription. If people are willing to go to the movies and pay extra for 3d glasses for a novel experience that doesn't really add too much to the movie but still think it's worth it then they will have no problem paying a measley $15 per month for a game that they think is  worth it.

Subscriptions start being an issue when it's not clear what you are getting for your money.

So to answer your initial question "that depends on whether or not they can supply a game that players think is worth a subscription.

I wouldn't call it measley 15$, if you actually calculate how MUCH money you put in to a single game with that type of payment... (2 years sub = 360$ + expansions). Most people aren't willing to pay that much for a single game. 

Look at GW2 for example, they are shooting out new content monthly for a B2P type game.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by 1vald2

I wouldn't call it measley 15$, if you actually calculate how MUCH money you put in to a single game with that type of payment... (2 years sub = 360$ + expansions). Most people aren't willing to pay that much for a single game. 

Look at GW2 for example, they are shooting out new content monthly for a B2P type game.

I dont think gw2 is a good example of a good service tbh, their CS has been....well....lacking, they have had security issues that took months to sort out, gamebreaking bugs that still happen, queu issues with pvp, epidemic of hackers/botters etc

They kind of prove the old adage that you get what you pay for tbh as ive never seen near to as many problems in a sub game, the only possible exception being AoC, which is one of the fastest sinking stones the genre has seen.

People think GW2 gets bashed now imagine how much it would have been bashed if you had to pay monthly for it.

Anyway voted no as I've had better experience with subscription mmo's than i have with f2p/b2p