Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSoft Responds to 'Save CoH' Movement (not quite dead yet!)

Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Heya folks,

After reading MMORPG 's article on NCSoft's recent response (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/3/view/news/read/25688/City-of-Heroes-NCSoft-Responds-to-Save-CoH-Movement.html) I noticed there were quite a few among you that are still fond of the game, or at least believe City of Heroes shouldn't end like this.

Despite NCSoft's recent response, the community hasn't quite given up, on the contrary - I'd say we're more determined than ever!

For those interested in lending their support, feel free to sign the ongoing petition, or take a look at the Titan Network, our movement's HQ! ;)

And of course, you could always visit Mercedes Lackey's site, who wrote about what's going on much better than I ever can. (not to mention she has a cool video on there!)

Many thanks to those of you who posted the encouraging comments on the article earlier!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Comments

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Fight the power that be!

Seiously though, good luck.  This is one game that ought to be saved, and one community that can do it, if we believe!

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by Beatnik59

Fight the power that be!

Seiously though, good luck.  This is one game that ought to be saved, and one community that can do it, if we believe!

Yeah, I signed the petition.  Lots of nice folks playing that game.  I pop in now and again.  I have some nice characters, good supergroup friends.  Be nice if they would keep it going.  Heck with the architect it doesn't even really need ongoing content development.  Some of the best content is player-made.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-Signed.

Not  game I have played but if the community is this much behind it- It makes me want to help support you all.

If they will agree to listen to you guys I will even sub for a few months... Because this is pretty cool that the community cares so much. =)

• cityofheroessavecityofheroessave Member Posts: 23

can  you please provide me  Mercedes Lackey's phone number. I like to have a phone cal about that subject. so I can gather information on whats going on. and get some ideas out for her.

please

• cityofheroessavecityofheroessave Member Posts: 23

I am so realy disapointed against cohtitan forums about the maters. I no longer log on.   I cannot talk to these people.

they are worse then ncsoft. sorry about the drama. I cannot take this any more. I had enough. too much pain ok

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

wow

an almost 8 month bump

:x

Here I thought there was some recent news on this having seen the thread title on the front page ticker.

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Cavod

wow

an almost 8 month bump

:x

Here I thought there was some recent news on this having seen the thread title on the front page ticker.

Cityofherosave is currently bumping a ton of old threads for some reason..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."