Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really don't understand the bashing against GW2

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by stevebmbsqd
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

If a ton of people say something....there must be some truth to it.....

yup just like wow is the worst mmo ever made.. see that thrown around here all the time.. MUST be true though

I suppose to a lot of people it must be.....  I wonder how many tens of millions have unsubscribed over the years??????

sure TONS have doesn't stop it from being one of the most popular MMOs ever even after all those years.. point is take anything anyone says here with a grain of salt.. but figured that was a given...

Who doesn't take it with a grain of salt? You...... The game has serious issues for some people. It is perfection for others. No amount of your white knighting is going to change the opinions of the people who dislike it. To them, it is the very core of the game....the mechanics....that they don't like. Does it really matter? Play your game. If you enjoy it...great. There are a lot of people playing it. It isn't a WoW killer, but nobody ever realistically thought it would be. It has a healthy enough population and interests enough people that I am sure it will be around and playable for some time to come.  

lol you have a seriously deluded view of what I feel about the game and how much I care what others feel about it.. but whatever floats your boat..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

" Haters gonna hate"

You know why I personally despise this term more than almost any other on this site? Because it takes someTHING someone said about someTHING.  (GW2 in this example) A thing that is not a personal attachemnt for anyone. At least it shouldn't be for a normal person. This statemnt converts that abck into a PERSONAL attack agasint a poster. Someone criticizes GW2, the fan sees it as an attack, internalizes it makes it personal and responds with an adhominem response. You get this upset over someone dissin your game and you get all persoannly worked up and respond with "Hater"? A video game? Really? Open your eyes, look at the world around you. You don't even know what a real hater is. 

Sometimes, I think its more like just saying everyone's got opinions.  Not to get all worked up over people not liking what you do.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• thefounderthefounder Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Torgrim

GW2 is a AAA product right?

There is plenty of content for everyone?

You are not forced into a roll in a dungeon run?

You are not forced to play in your homeland you can travel and meet up friends right?

Ohh, did I forget to say It's buy and play.

Guild Wars 2 have huge amount of content for players to experince when they buy the game and still this game is attacked from all side like a common sub game.

Why is that?

oh thats it huh? thats your simple formulae for a perfect uncriticisable game huh? a short list of vagueries? AAA, check. "plenty of content", "not forced to play in your homeland" rofl... sorry but i bet a laser pointer on the ground would also capture your attention for hours. seriously, this fails as fanboism. and i hate both, shallow fanboism and obvious trollism, equally.

i think GW2 is definitely worth the box price. will it keep me (and many others) around and buying gems? no. it feels mostly like a solo player casual game and the multiplayer aspect is mostly a messy zerg. and i find almost no reason for a PVE guild to be together other than trivial things like trading dyes and just chatting. I've joined three PVE guilds that advertised themselves as "mature and dedicated and active" all whom started with 25ish players online a night. and in each case they have complained there is not much to do "as a guild". and for the past month, i see maybe an average of 3 online on each guild (altho to be honest i cant verify that 24/7 because i only play about 3 days a week).  personally i think the grinding for cosmetics is pretty shallow after youve done a few dungeon sets. i found exploring the beautiful world the best aspect of the game and im proud to say i won a screenshot contest held by my main guild!! but world events like the dragons are disappointingly easy and the Exp Mode dungeons are more a matter of enduring frustration and mashing buttons than honestly challenging and fun content.. and the delivery of the Lore (and the Lore itself) lacking. its a fluff game. and fluff is fine for a while. but lacks sustained interest for some... some will love it and thats cool. but if youre so shocked and appalled by the wild idea that there are actually players out there that play for different reasons that you, then i guess any further discussion is pointless.

so if you honestly think there are NO areas where GW2 is lacking as either a PVP or a PVE game, then i must conclude that you just havent played many MMOs or not a variety of them. or youre just very easily satisfied and/or your post was blatant fanboism.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

You are not forced to play in your homeland you can travel and meet up friends right?

Guild Wars 2 have huge amount of content for players to experince when they buy the game and still this game is attacked from all side like a common sub game.

Why is that?

The same reason why people hate on things like: Walmart, Nickelback, Wall St, and Starbucks.  A large segment of the population just hate anything successful and popular.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448

yup just like wow is the worst mmo ever made.. see that thrown around here all the time.. MUST be true though

I suppose to a lot of people it must be.....  I wonder how many tens of millions have unsubscribed over the years??????

sure TONS have doesn't stop it from being one of the most popular MMOs ever even after all those years.. point is take anything anyone says here with a grain of salt.. but figured that was a given...

Who doesn't take it with a grain of salt? You...... The game has serious issues for some people. It is perfection for others. No amount of your white knighting is going to change the opinions of the people who dislike it. To them, it is the very core of the game....the mechanics....that they don't like. Does it really matter? Play your game. If you enjoy it...great. There are a lot of people playing it. It isn't a WoW killer, but nobody ever realistically thought it would be. It has a healthy enough population and interests enough people that I am sure it will be around and playable for some time to come.  

lol you have a seriously deluded view of what I feel about the game and how much I care what others feel about it.. but whatever floats your boat..

I can't be too far off base....... 

Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

I think the saying goes
    A hater's gotta hate
    But I'm not from the streets, so I'm not sure about that

Also - I don't how a Common Sub Game gets attacked any differently from any other game.

" Haters gonna hate"

I dislike this term more than almost any other on this site. It takes someTHING someone said about someTHING.  (GW2 in this example) A thing that is not a personal attachemnt for anyone. At least it shouldn't be for a normal person. This statemnt converts that abck into a PERSONAL attack agasint a poster. Someone criticizes GW2, the fan sees it as an attack, internalizes it makes it personal and responds with an adhominem response. You get this upset over someone dissin your game and you get all persoannly worked up and respond with "Hater"? A video game? Really? Open your eyes, look at the world around you. You don't even know what a real hater is. 

Simply put theres an old adage my Mom used to tell me:  "If you dont have anything nice to say about someone or something, then dont open your mouth".

Pretty simple rules that most grew up with but with the advent of anonimity o nthe Net, there is a large segment who thin kits their god given right to complain, bitch and hate on anything they dont like.  Ohh what would the net be like if each of our posts also included our home phone number, street address, work place, and real name.  I guaren-damn-tee you there would be a whole lot less of this hate going around.

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I can't be too far off base....... 

believe what you want

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

What's to get?All I see is SOP on this site.

Every new game ahs thwe worst community/fanbois.

Every new game get's ripped a new one by a segment of people.

Every new game has rabid fans who can't take criticism of any kind

All I see is the same old same old that has been happenign here since near the beginning and as much as I am still enjoying GW2 I don't see why it should be exempt.

Originally posted by mnwild1998
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Why is that?

The same reason why people hate on things like: Walmart, Nickelback, Wall St, and Starbucks.  A large segment of the population just hate anything successful and popular.

Lmao GW2 does not have a large segment of the mmo population. I hope this was joke because it was a very sad attempt.

2 million sales, high retention rate. top 10 in sales on Amazon, every server being high and 8-9 of them being full, a plethora of high praise from everyone from PCgaming to Forbes Magazine.

Yea, I think I'll trust my eyes and ears more then a haters poor attempt at trying to describe a false narrative.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Why is that?

Depends if you consider disagreement as hating or not.  GW2 does have a bunch of content but it is all similiar.  I got bored with vistas. DEs and exploration.  I wanted to have the ability to do more. But that's not what the game is about.  I have no house to place my items.  Though could still come.  No progression of my experience which takes away from core RPG elements.  But then again people who enjoy GW2 didn't want that to begin with.

GW2 is a great game - but its not for everyone.  If you look at things a different way and view what you consider 'hate' as a disagreement it might help you see the another persons perspective which may be wildly different from yours.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    You reap what you sow.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

That's debatable.

Only if you take into account mindless, repetitive dynamic even....um, I mean zergs.

I'd welcome anything to spice up that instanced game of dodgeball that passes as a dungeon in GW2.

You mean like every other MMO in existence? Not special.

So, getting conned into paying up front for a sub-standard product is a selling point?

Why is that?

It's a terrible game for many? There are better P2P games? Not everyone shares your opinion?

BTW, GW2 is about as "common" as they come; it's not limited to sub games.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

That's debatable.

Only if you take into account mindless, repetitive dynamic even....um, I mean zergs.

I'd welcome anything to spice up that instanced game of dodgeball that passes as a dungeon in GW2.

You mean like every other MMO in existence? Not special.

So, getting conned into paying up front for a sub-standard product is a selling point?

Why is that?

It's a terrible game for many? There are better P2P games? Not everyone shares your opinion?

BTW, GW2 is about as "common" as they come; it's not limited to sub games.

At age 50+ still going strong as a 20 year old much love brah!

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Simply put theres an old adage my Mom used to tell me:  "If you dont have anything nice to say about someone or something, then dont open your mouth".

You`ve talked down plenty of games before, you just can`t handle people talking down your game. Just makes you come off as a hypocrit(like most of GW2s rabid defenders).

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Kalstark
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

So what you ask is that people should not voice their opinion on a game after they feel scammed, but the contrary, saying GW2 is great, is all fine.

You know, these are opinion forums, and nobody is wrong. Those who don't like the game are right in saying the game is awful, and those that like it are right in saying that the game is great. All you have to do is to learn to respect everyone's opinions, and if anyone's opinions are contrary to your own, either debate them politely or ignore them. Attempting to insult people's intelligence because of voicing their gaming preferences just makes you a troll.

actually buddy heres where your wrong, if someones "opinion" is complete bull sh1t and they are just hating to hate, then no there opinion doesnt matter. also your acting like the OP was being an ass hole, he wasnt at all and your statement is exactly wat a god dam troll is, someone b1tching about nothing for no reason. so while you tried to sound real intelligent acting like you know what your talking about you dont, and you my friend are a idiot. well if idont like gw2 because its not halo does my opinion matter? no i would be a jack a$s. if you dont like the game dont play it and dont talk about it. honestly what is your goal but to find other morons like yourself so you can feel better? in all honesty you guys need each other cuz ur lifes must be pathetic. as someone above said, HATERS GON' HATE, thats all theyre good for hating,GO  F|_|CK YOURSELFs. and bill murphy how about u put this for the community spotlight, why people who know all the details about a game and then when the game launches they complain that the game isnt how they wanted it to be and that they were dissapointed. god dam i cant stand you people especially SWG fans who wont stop posting every god dam minute about sandbox and themeparks. NO1 PLAYED THAT SH1TY GAME, seriously i admit im hating on swg but for christ sake how many people actually played that? before i got into mmo's i knew that game sucked thats how bad it was and now every post has something to do with sandbox and swg. F all of U 

and a side note im not really hating on SWG i honestly have no idea how it was but i do remember hearing that it was one of the worst games ever made and no1 really played it and i just hate all the people who constantly post how it was amazing and every game should be like it haha. 

Kids these days. No idea what they are even writing.

Honestly, everything you said is exactly what you were saying Alber_Gamer was doing but in a much more dramatic, moronic, completely useless fashion. You even brought up SWG and started hating on it for some `bullsh1t` reason when it doesn`t even relate to the topic.

Enjoy your temp-ban for that post.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by grimal

It's called hype backlash.  The bigger the hype, the harder the fall.

If this game was not as hyped up as it was, you would see a lot less grumbling (I know, I know, there was no hype because it was all true...and people knew exactly the kind of game it was because they played the BWEs.....)

*DING*

It was very hyped and very anticipated. It certainly isn't a failure and doesn't have as many things wrong with it as SWTOR did. However, as someone else astutely pointed out, for everything it gets right, it also gets a lot wrong. Aside from game 'problems', ANet has periodically made some PR mis-steps and has come off very antagonistic at times with the community, which is VERY at odds with their history. Very much like how GW1 was different than a lot of games, GW2 is different. Some people thought they were getting one thing and they got something else entirely. 

There are valid criticisms to be made about GW2 and ANet.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Deleted:) No need for bashing. Play what ever you want
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

The "problem" is not specific to GW2 forums. WoW is the favorite target of those people for 8 years now.

What I will say here is only for the "serial haters", those who post daily on the forums of games they hate, over and over again, repeating the same often agressive arguments. It doesn't concern the guy who posted his negative review, stopped playing, and also stopped posting until he eventually plays again, those persons are mature and just fine.

- Some people are just insecure about their own decisions, and they need back patting and approval from others to validate it, so they go on a crusade of negativity, posting more on the hated game's forum than on forums of games they like and in which they could participate positively. Typical post would be "Bored with the game", and then a few days later "Is it just me, or is the game failing?", and another few days later "I've quit, who else?" - and it doesn't stop there of course, it will continue until the eventual ban, if it ever happens.

- Some are pissed that their favorite game had less success than the hated game, they think it's unfair, that their game is the best ever, and therefore they must go on a crusade against the unfairly popular game. You see that in other domains like movies too. A good example would be the supposed TSW fans who post more here than on the TSW forums, you know who they are. A couple of Tera fans do the same too. And then, the eternal sandbox fans, of course, but those bash anything not a sandbox anyway.

- Some other people just like to troll, being annoying, and are generally delighted when they make other people angry or miserable. They do that on the net hidden behind a computer screen of course, because face to face, there are way to many possible negative consequences for being a nuisance. Examples abound, no need for specific ones here, it's basically posts made just to "stir the pot".

For many, it's a percentage of all three points combined.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

The real question is why anyone bashes any game on these forums.? or OP is trying to tell us that some how GW2 is above crtici...errr i mean bashing?

You reap what you sow bro. GW2 fans have been riling up fans of every other MMO on this site for almost a year now. This backlash is their way of returning the favor and getting under your skin.

The guy above me is perfect example of what i am saying.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

there are 3 kinds of people..

gw1 people who were calm, knew what to expect from gw2 and were nicely excited

people who think logical, didnt get to excited but certainly would try the game to see how much they would like it

people who "OMG GW2 IS GOING TO KILL ALL OTHER MMORPGS, ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING AND REVOLUTIONAIR AND EVERYONE WILL PLAY IT AND NO FLAWS WILL EVER BE FOUND" .... that

now.. guess which of the 3 kinds of people is bashing at gw2?

:P

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

I see bashing as someone posting things like "LOLZ GW2 sucks" "It' clearly dying" "WOW clone" "worst game ever" "It's in a tail spin", etc.

Basically, threads that don't discuss anything at all, just make a vague comments attacking the game.

Now, pointing out flaws and problems the gam might be facing, from questing, dungeons, story, bugs, bots, pvp, zerging, progression, etc, is perfectly valid discussion IMO. I do agree the somtimes teh same topic like the above appear multyple times and can be annoying, but that doesn't invalidate their point.

Also, your points mean nothing really. The game may be AAA and have enough content for you, and the B2P may be perfect aswel, but to many, it's not so.

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by khameleon
    It has way too easy PVE where you can solo 1-80, makes the game feel like an offline game and does not engage you in the world to care about anyone else or anything else but you.

Is there a cheat that I am unaware of, how the hell do you solo any boss when the system drops you from what ever level you are to that of the area you are in with the boss being over powered because this is a group play game. If you not sure what I'm talking about, try a squishy necro character against any boss solo!

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by zastroph
    Originally posted by khameleon
    It has way too easy PVE where you can solo 1-80, makes the game feel like an offline game and does not engage you in the world to care about anyone else or anything else but you.

Is there a cheat that I am unaware of, how the hell do you solo any boss when the system drops you from what ever level you are to that of the area you are in with the boss being over powered because this is a group play game. If you not sure what I'm talking about, try a squishy necro character against any boss solo!

Is fighting boss necessary to solo from lvl 1 to 80? i leveld my first character pretty much solo doing hearts and only half of the DE chains because the bosses pop up on the end chain of DE's. There are plenty of events that can be soloed. I was working graveyard shifts so played off time and had no trouble hitting 80.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

i dont think popular meens good though. look at the keeping up with the Kardashians numbers. or the real housewives of ( add city here) Very popular shows but are consider by many to be the sespool of entertainment. Spinger and Maury show have huge mumbers but is some of the worst tv in history. Just like GW2, they are a quick "fix" to fill your day with entertainment.

EDIT: My comparison on GW2 to these shows was to point out that GW2 is ment for that quick log in and play for 10 mins then log out. Was in no way intended to compared to those shows as if GW2 was a POS lol.

i just wanted to clear that up before i got bashed.

SFS

This discussion has been closed.