Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation: Monthly State of the Game Posted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of The Repopulation will want to swing by the official site to check out the end of October State of the Game letter. In the monthly progress update, the team lets fans in on what they've been working on. In October, the team was focused on getting The Repopulation feature complete and added a vehicle system to the game.

Vehicles in the Repopulation allow for multiple mounted players. This means you can have a driver, gunners, and passengers. They can be used for both combat and non-combat purposes. Some vehicle types are intended for transportation, and others for war. You will be able to "trick out" your vehicles using a vehicle upgrade system. This includes passive upgrades such as improving the steering, speed, shields, or armor of a vehicle, as well as active upgrades such as adding weapons, or usable vehicle perks such as mines, cloaking devices or turbo boosters. It is a complex system that is still mid-implementation at this point. We do have the basics covered now though, and have tackled the larger issues of synching the mount positions properly and allowing vehicles to transfer smoothly across seams. We'll cover these features in much more detail in the upcoming feature.

Read the full state of the game letter on The Repopulation's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    This game seems to really be an ambitious project. If it lives up to half of what they have talked about it will be a great game.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Man I want to play this. I grow weary of all the 2 month and done themeparks lately. I want a world I can live in for years to come.

Joined - July 2004

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Yeah, this game looks like it will be craploads of fun!  Some very cool features being talked about.  I just hope they implement them well. 

So far it looks really good though.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by remyburke
    Man I want to play this. I grow weary of all the 2 month and done themeparks lately. I want a world I can live in for years to come.

I agree.  I vastly prefer games that are real gameworlds, instead of a series of meaningless content in a meaningless world.

I'm definitely looking forward to this title, along with a few others with similar goals.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Proton37Proton37 Member Posts: 7
    I agree, seems modern themeparks have no staying power, can this game live up to what is promises, will it actually be fun, involving and addicting.  Who knows , heres to hoping sooner or later someone will truely make a challenging game world, and take some time to make a game where what players do to the world really does change it.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I'd love to see some vidoes!!

Besides the alpha ones ...

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Karteli

I'd love to see some vidoes!!

Besides the alpha ones ...

but the game is still in alpha so there are no other videos to see besides the alpha ones.