Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Venting

PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Spent 4 fucking hours setting up Balthazar Temple then finally got a huge zerg together to spank his ass. We got him to litterally 3% HP with 2 minutes to go and his health just automatically refills itself.

Screw ANET. SUCH BS FOR A BOSS TO BE ABLE TO HEAL THAT MUCH IN A TIMED EVENT!!!! I still love the game but I am no longer a fan of this company. Such utter bullshit for this to happen. My server has now gone 2 weeks without ever taking the temple. So fucking god damn stupid that he heals for no reason.

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

and ..................................... breeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath.

Better now?

You stay sassy!

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Is this the same sort of bug where mobs go invincible for no apparent reason and go back to full health in a middle of a fight?
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    two things.. you gathered people and you failed.. two things that can't happen in GW2 according to these forums.. post must be a lie:)  and im sorry for your loss... always next time

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aegolinaegolin Member UncommonPosts: 17

aaaahhh weeeeeeell............. thats not the kind of attitude that would have driven you very far on the ol' EQ Plane of Earth. I know, I know those were the times of the dinosaurs and will never return (most will say for good, I will not complety disagree)............ but ........... FOR CHRIST SAKE......... just dont whine.............. give it a smile and try again.

Enjoy

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by grimal
    Is this the same sort of bug where mobs go invincible for no apparent reason and go back to full health in a middle of a fight?

not sure in this case but i know several champions that do this.. don't think it's a bug some of  those cases as on the third time bringing their health down they fall.. so i dunno

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I'm glad you brought this up. This boss needs some re-vamping as the serrver populations drop. I have been in four groups that have tried to bring him down only to fail.  And I think you have a valid reason to be upset when a large zerg cannot even bring this guy down. Get rid of the time limit...it does not  work anymore.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

not sure in this case but i know several champions that do this.. don't think it's a bug some of  those cases as on the third time bringing their health down they fall.. so i dunno

Well I am speaking mainly about the underwater mobs and unless you stand in place next to them, there's a good chance this bug happens.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    If you let the other champions run loose he uses them to heal.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    I'm just pissed been trying ot kill this stupid fuck for 2 weeks. Can someone please tell me what server succeeds on a regular basis so I can transfer to that server?
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I've been seeing this one myself from time to time.  To be fair, I've seen it in quite a few mmo's over the years.  It's frustrating though.

OP, sorry for your loss man that sucks.  Maybe next time take me with you, I'm like a good luck charm.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

Spent 4 fucking hours setting up Balthazar Temple then finally got a huge zerg together to spank his ass. We got him to litterally 3% HP with 2 minutes to go and his health just automatically refills itself.

Screw ANET. SUCH BS FOR A BOSS TO BE ABLE TO HEAL THAT MUCH IN A TIMED EVENT!!!! I still love the game but I am no longer a fan of this company. Such utter bullshit for this to happen. My server has now gone 2 weeks without ever taking the temple. So fucking god damn stupid that he heals for no reason.

did it refill or did the boss reset?

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

I'm just pissed been trying ot kill this stupid fuck for 2 weeks. Can someone please tell me what server succeeds on a regular basis so I can transfer to that server?

My guild does the event everytime we are farming Lone post waypoint chain for 70s to get money and levels on Sanctum of Rall, however we have our share of people that do not understand that the champions need to go down first, but we usually run 3 or 4 groups.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• Sovren1Sovren1 Member Posts: 312

I've seen this happen before mostly due to the mob resetting, the mob will begin to read invunerable and begin to reset, healing to full. I think the regular mobs I may have kited too far. I have been able to stop the heal midway once getting back to the mobs original general starting area. As for Champions with zergs, dunno.

This past week during the Mad kind Labyrinth, the candy corn champ would go invunerable standing in place inside the mausoleum but wouldn't do a full heal, would bring him to the ledge and continue to bash.

Seen it happen both ways so, not sure what the deal is. Just might be something else for Anet to tweak.

However, if this isn't the case and he healed like many creatures do in this game not much you can do...continue to fight I guess til timer expires.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

I've been doing it lately, and cant even get the pact to the alter before their morale goes down to zero. They really need to speed up the pact. Plus i heard the Pact gets stuck and cant even get up the hill sometimes. Oh and today i loged in and Balthezar got defeated earlier, but the merchant wasnt up and it was stuck at the end of it.

Yep so on my server that fight is full of bugs.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

CLOSE TOPIC!!!

LEGENDARY GREATSWORD SUNRISE ACQUIRED!!!!!!!

My rage is over and relief has set in!

RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU MAKE ME SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl Sagan-

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

He is the hardest person to beat, with and without bugs. No where is he regurlay defeated. However, I wish they would focus on bugs way more. Higher like 5 more people just to handle bugs. All other things are unimportant. Not even balancing.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Welcome to ORR. Enjoy your stay. Two months in and seems like nothing ever changes with bugs and messed up DE's.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Rabble rabble rabble rabble.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455
    Originally posted by Terranah

I've been seeing this one myself from time to time.  To be fair, I've seen it in quite a few mmo's over the years.  It's frustrating though.

OP, sorry for your loss man that sucks.  Maybe next time take me with you, I'm like a good luck charm.

I remember in AC2, there were no anti-exploit mechanics like that. You had archers solo camping the end game dragon-like Tyrant raid boss mobs all day long, shooting arrows at them without the mob being able to fight back.

Ahh, the good old times... image

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Isn't this the kind of things that guilds are meant to see as a challenge, get together, and defeat?

Can you imagine if EQ had been full of people with the OP's attitude...

• CBOY245CBOY245 Member UncommonPosts: 3

Spent over 6 hours running that  Mad King's Clock Tower finally got it went to open the chest and got diconnected. Logged back in and no achievement for doing it. Did my yelling and screaming like a little baby then remembered it's only friggin game. I still love GW2 and will continue to play..

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    I have not tried a boss, but have noticed a bug in combat where the thing your attacking will suddenly go invunerable and refill its health. From what I can tell this is from trying to attack it from a vantage point that it (the system) can not plot a path so that it can attack you. Fair enough if your trying to take advantage of terrain, but I have noticed that on the rare ocasion, even being on level ground with the thing your fighting, it will do the same reset (this is why I call it a bug)!
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by zastroph
    I have not tried a boss, but have noticed a bug in combat where the thing your attacking will suddenly go invunerable and refill its health. From what I can tell this is from trying to attack it from a vantage point that it (the system) can not plot a path so that it can attack you. Fair enough if your trying to take advantage of terrain, but I have noticed that on the rare ocasion, even being on level ground with the thing your fighting, it will do the same reset (this is why I call it a bug)!

This bug has been there since release and occurs more frequently underwater. And after all these weeks, i am amazed it is not fixed.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

This happens sometimes. Mostly because the mobs strays too far from it's spawn location. It just resets and heals as it moves back to the spawn spot. I know that sucks, but the guy that has aggro should just learn to dodge towards the spawn location instead of always dodging away.

Now if it just heals, then that ability should be visible on the mob when you target it. They usually aren't able to heal fully, but some are actually able to do that. You take down a champion mob relatively fast and then "Hah, you think you can defeat me that easily!" and then it fully heals and is a lot tougher to kill.

One option is spawn location, another option is actual ability, another is just a bug.

imageimage