Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really don't understand the bashing against GW2

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by grimal
    It's called hype backlash.  The bigger the hype, the harder the fall.

after 3 BWEs and hundreds of youtube videos what all was really hidden as far as core gameplay? what the game was all about was known for quite sometime.. no raids no stat progressive gear grind.. all that was known for a very long time.. if that's what upset people that's really their own fault..

Sometimes these games dont play out the way some think they will.  That's why it's a good idea to not over-hype yourself on a game after only playing a few weekends. 

Edit:  You are taking this all rather personally, Aerowyn.  Do you have some sort of investment in this game?

how am I taking it personally? just curious how after all that was known about the game could people feel "cheated"

Just your comments as of late ring of some emotional turmoil.  Also, the sarcasm is more prevalent in your posting.

ahh lol just tired of the same arguments over and over and over.. hence the sarcasm

Yep. It can get very annoying when people keep making the same complaint over and over about the game you love.  You just have to not take it personal.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by khameleon

It has way too easy PVE where you can solo 1-80, makes the game feel like an offline game and does not engage you in the world to care about anyone else or anything else but you.

With so many points I'd like to correct, but I'm focusing on this one.

When you people mention that PvE is too easy and soloable 1-80, you should also mention, by virtue of being responsible and not just downright bashing the game, that challenging group content are also available, and in abundance. Champions are scattered everywhere, with most of the DE chains ending on a boss battle. It's NOT ACCEPTABLE to just paint this generalization that the PvE is only easy and soloable. It is easy and soloable, for people who don't have the time to find groups to do the more challenging ones. I can stay within the 1-15 zone till I'm 80, and that would prove your statement, but that doesn't justify me saying that it's easy and soloable and convey how there is no challenge to be had in the game.

If you find the PvE part too unchallenging for your taste, know that there are ones that require a group. What do you say? Wanna take down a couple of Champs? I'm in Borlis Pass...look up Khin Runite.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    I blame the attitude of the GW2 fans

This is under the umbrella of hype-backlash.

Nah, it's just that this site attracts people that want a new game to be excited about.  Lots of antis thought this game would make them like mmos again.  Then they blamed gw2 when it didn't make them like mmos again.  Now they think that harder, grindier, sandbox games will be the answer.  Oh, the poor devs that make a game for them, and then watch them leave when they don't keep playing that for more than 2 weeks either.  LOL.  These people are simply too saturated with mmos.  They need time off from all games.

• spacebotspacebot Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Remmeber before gw2 came out? All the hype from fans? Well these folks are the anti hypers. Same kind of mental madness but in reverse. The hypests told us gw2 would butter our bread. The haters held thier slices of bread up to the screen and got mad cause they like jam on thier bread and it didn't put no butter on thier bread anyway. I just laugh at them and log into one of the best mmo worlds I've played In a long time. 
  • spacebotspacebot Member UncommonPosts: 148

These people are simply too saturated with mmo.  They need time off from all games.

There is some truth to this. I think some people play on the computer way to much and get mildly depressed. They seek a game that will make fun happy times, when fun happy won't come unless they take a break from gaming for a few days.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Just your comments as of late ring of some emotional turmoil.  Also, the sarcasm is more prevalent in your posting.

ahh lol just tired of the same arguments over and over and over.. hence the sarcasm

Yep. It can get very annoying when people keep making the same complaint over and over about the game you love.  You just have to not take it personal.

game i love.... you guys are funny with labels and all.. it's a game.. yes I talk about it a lot for a couple reasons I have a lot of free time at work right now and I enjoy the game.. but it's just that a game.. if a better one comes along Ill go play that.. i don't get so attached to a game that if I don't find a better one I won't move on.. for me I don't see any better MMOs out right now after playing pretty much every one.. and with GW2 being B2P it's an extra bonus in my book

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

game i love.... you guys are funny with labels and all.. it's a game.. yes I talk about it a lot for a couple reasons I have a lot of free time at work right now and I enjoy the game.. but it's just that a game.. if a better one comes along Ill go play that.. i don't get so attached to a game that if I don't find a better one I won't move on.. for me I don't see any better MMOs out right now after playing pretty much every one.. and with GW2 being B2P it's an extra bonus in my book

I meant you in the object sense.  Not you specifically.

When I was playing TOR the first few months and I took the time away to come here, it used to annoy me at some of the things people said.  But after a while I realized the pattern here at MMORPG and take everything with a grain of salt.

Now let's be honest.  You can't sit here and tell me after 5k posts mainly about GW2 you don't have some sort of emtional attachment to it.  Don't bullsh* a bullshi**.

Edit: It took me 3 years to finally admit to myself and others Tha Phantom Menace was crap.  So I've been there before.

When I was playing TOR the first few months and I took the time away to come here, it used to annoy me at some of the things people said.  But after a while I realized the pattern here at MMORPG and take everything with a grain of salt.

Now let's be honest.  You can't sit here and tell me after 5k posts mainly about GW2 you don't have some sort of emtional attachment to it.  Don't bullsh* a bullshi**.

i can say exactly that.. it's just a game afterall..

on your edit.. i still like phantom menace heh..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Now that's your intellect talking.  Ok.  Ok.  Maybe in 3 years then (see reference in my edit)....

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Edit: It took me 3 years to finally admit to myself and others Tha Phantom Menace was crap.  So I've been there before.

Aerowyn...please be honest with us.

are you carrying gw2's child?

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by Creslin321

lol it appears people on these forums believe so:P

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

I think the saying goes
    A hater's gotta hate
    But I'm not from the streets, so I'm not sure about that

Also - I don't how a Common Sub Game gets attacked any differently from any other game.

" Haters gonna hate"

on your edit.. i still like phantom menace heh..

Ok. Ok.

Ok..

Your much further gone than I orginally thought...lol

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

*removed because i though it wasent a nice responce*

*better responce on page 7*

Or.....are you actually gw2's holocron?

Ok. Ok.

Ok..

liam and ewan together with lightsabers what's not to like.. i can block out jar jar and the boy...:)

Ok. Ok.

Ok..

liam and ewan together with lightsabers what's not to like.. i can block out jar jar and the boy...:)

They're both good actors.  But them together in those roles was dull dull dull!

Ok. Ok.

Ok..

i blame george and his horrible writing:)

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

haters are gonna hate

but in all fairness, GW2 has been bashed A LOT less than every other game on this forum.

so in that sense, it's doing quite well hehe

I myself am enjoying it quite a lot

to people who say it's too easy - I died more in this game in 1 month than in SWTOR and WoW combined

If you think it;s easy, roll a class that's NOT FOTM. good luck trying to PVE with Mesmer/engineer or even an elementalist for that matter. they're brutally challenging and I borderline gave up with mesmer because it was so hard to do it solo. until I find a guild and can team up, I figured there's no mesmer for me

Also, take into consideration the ratings on metacritic and those have been the highest of ALL mmorpgs in the last few years (I'm talking about user ratings), so that says a lot

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Ok. Ok.

Ok..

I actually have hopes for Disney...basically because anything is better than what GL was doing ;).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by lalartu

haters are gonna hate

but in all fairness, GW2 has been bashed A LOT less than every other game on this forum.

so in that sense, it's doing quite well hehe

I myself am enjoying it quite a lot

to people who say it's too easy - I died more in this game in 1 month than in SWTOR and WoW combined

If you think it;s easy, roll a class that's NOT FOTM. good luck trying to PVE with Mesmer/engineer or even an elementalist for that matter. they're brutally challenging and I borderline gave up with mesmer because it was so hard to do it solo. until I find a guild and can team up, I figured there's no mesmer for me

Also, take into consideration the ratings on metacritic and those have been the highest of ALL mmorpgs in the last few years (I'm talking about user ratings), so that says a lot

Really?  You find the mesmer that squishy?  I find mesmer with GS to be pretty darn good at soloing.  Elementalist was a bit frail for me but once i put points in Earth It became much easier to survive.

Ok. Ok.

Ok..

I actually have hopes for Disney...basically because anything is better than what GL was doing ;).

i do as well

Ok. Ok.

Ok..

How can you say that? Red Tails was an amazing film...

Edit: I'm joking.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Originally posted by Torgrim

GW2 is a AAA product right?

Barely

There is plenty of content for everyone?

Plenty of conent? NO. In less than 150 hours of playtime i had over 50% world completion, had done everything in every zone above level 60 and most of the zones below that.  I had 2 crafting skills maxed.  I had obtained full suits of orange equipment.  All i had left was dungeons that would get me worse gear than i had that looked a little different, big whoop.  Or i could PVP it up, which i already spent about 10 hours doing and was bored out of my mind.  Keep swapping is boring.

You are not forced into a roll in a dungeon run?

Not being forced into a roll is probably the biggest reason i feel this game is a failure.

You are not forced to play in your homeland you can travel and meet up friends right?

Most modern MMO's havent had this problem for a long while.

Ohh, did I forget to say It's buy and play.

Also not a good thing because the devs have no impetus to provide quality additional content.  They've already got your money, keeping players in the game benefits them very little.

Guild Wars 2 have huge amount of content for players to experince when they buy the game and still this game is attacked from all side like a common sub game.

Because you and I, and apparently tons of other people, clearly have a differing opinion of what a "Huge amount of content" is.

Why is that?

[mod edit]

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The game at least tried to be different, but annominity in pvp is killing its long term playability
This discussion has been closed.