Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really don't understand the bashing against GW2

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

GW2 is a AAA product right?

There is plenty of content for everyone?

You are not forced into a roll in a dungeon run?

You are not forced to play in your homeland you can travel and meet up friends right?

Ohh, did I forget to say It's buy and play.

Guild Wars 2 have huge amount of content for players to experince when they buy the game and still this game is attacked from all side like a common sub game.

Why is that?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I think the saying goes
    A hater's gotta hate
    But I'm not from the streets, so I'm not sure about that

Also - I don't how a Common Sub Game gets attacked any differently from any other game.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    [mod edit]

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    If you don't like it, you bash it. Some folks don't like it so they bash it. Dont worry to much about it.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

So what you ask is that people should not voice their opinion on a game after they feel scammed, but the contrary, saying GW2 is great, is all fine.

You know, these are opinion forums, and nobody is wrong. Those who don't like the game are right in saying the game is awful, and those that like it are right in saying that the game is great. All you have to do is to learn to respect everyone's opinions, and if anyone's opinions are contrary to your own, either debate them politely or ignore them. Attempting to insult people's intelligence because of voicing their gaming preferences just makes you a troll.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by sammyeli
    you won't understand the cool kid's koolaid 

Is that all you got, really?

Why can't you writer something that is worth reading.

I think you missed sarcasm altogether. 

and if you want a reasonable response I do not think this forum atleast is the place for it.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

People have critical opinions of every game. There's no game on this forum free from being bashed, and all with good reason. Every game actually has things to be critical about. GW2 is no different, but the hardcore fanbase on this site seems to think it should be.

This game isn't being treated any different than other AAA titles here. It's just the most recent release and therefore has the most traffic.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

It has no open world PVP. No feeling of danger ever. No feeling that you need to become strong to defend against enemies.

It has boring dungeons with boring loot.

It has nothing to really work towards. No Mounts, No building things(many new MMOs let you build houses, boats, castels and more).

It has way too easy PVE where you can solo 1-80, makes the game feel like an offline game and does not engage you in the world to care about anyone else or anything else but you.

It has gridning of boring Hearts(after you do 30 of them, youve done them all since they repeat so many of the tasks.) so there is a grind in PVE and in the dungeons also to get exotics, people are just fooled to think the game is not a grind, but it is.

It has AAA artwork, sound and production, but its not as fun as I would have liked. I will only play during holiday events, too many better games that i play to be on it much more than that.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

and if you want a reasonable response

Not from you.

you do know sammy is one of the games bigger fans on here right? i see him playing online more than most people on this forum

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    For everything it has, there is much that it lacks, hence it gets criticized. People confuse that as bashing

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Not from you.

Not only did his response make sense but it was humorous and a positive statement about you.

Twice as funny, though, is that you are ripping him for it. image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Kyleran
    For everything it has, there is much that it lacks, hence it gets criticized. People confuse that as bashing

this is true in any MMO for the most part.. although there is the usual high number of troll posts as with all popular games.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

You are not forced to play in your homeland you can travel and meet up friends right?

Guild Wars 2 have huge amount of content for players to experince when they buy the game and still this game is attacked from all side like a common sub game.

Why is that?

Really don't get it either, it's been happening solely on this website so far as i can tell. It seems people who post here who follow the forums of the games they obviously don't play have the hobby of posting about things they don't really know about. And the other aspect of this is simply Themepark burnout, and entirely different issue but it seems people can't take responsibility for themselves and project their luggage onto other people's projects. 

Blaming GW2 for their themepark burnout is like blaming chickens for being tired of eating fried chicken all the time. Common sense doesn't follow with this line of thinking.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I think you missed sarcasm altogether. 

and if you want a reasonable response I do not think this forum atleast is the place for it.

Where do you consider the right place for it to be, if not here?  This is the way forums are.  Lot of noise, but a lot of reasonable discussion, too.  If you can't tell the difference, that just might be an issue on your end.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by khameleon

It has no open world PVP. No feeling of danger ever. No feeling that you need to become strong to defend against enemies.

It has boring dungeons with boring loot.

It has nothing to really work towards. No Mounts, No building things(many new MMOs let you build houses, boats, castels and more).

It has way too easy PVE where you can solo 1-80, makes the game feel like an offline game and does not engage you in the world to care about anyone else or anything else but you.

It has AAA artwork, sound and production, but its not as fun as I would have liked. I will only play during holiday events, too many better games that i play to be on it much more than that.

This.

Before people say events needs groups, nope, that`s solo content. Nobody talks at all and no coordination is required. They could all be bots for all I care, which in some zones, is exactly what they are.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

It's called hype backlash.  The bigger the hype, the harder the fall.

If this game was not as hyped up as it was, you would see a lot less grumbling (I know, I know, there was no hype because it was all true...and people knew exactly the kind of game it was because they played the BWEs.....)

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

First off, you need to realize some things.

GW2 doesn't have FFA OWPvP with full loot and permadeath so it's not hardcore enough for all us internet gangstas.  It's obviously a fail game.

GW2 isn't a sandbox, so it's way too themepark for all us dedicated sandboxers. It's obviously a fail game.

GW2 is just another fantasy themed mmorpg, which is so unrealistic compared to my ultramodern fantasy setting. Obviously a fail game.

GW2 doesn't have mounts, and I like being mounted. Obviously a ....    wait that didn't sound right.

GW2 is F2P and I like the feeling that someone's hand is in my pocket at least once a month.   Obviously a ....     wait, that didn't sound right either.

GW2 has no raids, and raids are how us elitists get our elitist gear, and with no elitist gear, than how can we be elitist and that means I don't exist, and if I don't exist than obviously GW2 is a fail game.

/end of sarcstic rant

(oh and btw, I do realize it's B2P, it was intentional)

EDIT: It was not my intent to offend anybody that may hold true to any of the descriptions I provided. This post was made with a healthy dose of parody

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by grimal

after 3 BWEs and hundreds of youtube videos what all was really hidden as far as core gameplay? what the game was all about was known for quite sometime.. no raids no stat progressive gear grind.. all that was known for a very long time.. if that's what upset people that's really their own fault..

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Why is that?

You are blowing it WAY out of proportion.The truth is that MANY users all have a complaint ot two,that is not bashing,that PROVES the game has several flaws but only a few rub each user the wrong way.

That does not mean the game is a complete bust,that would be like MANY users have a ton of problems but each users complaints have been sort of minimal.

AAA arguable,it is missing content.

Plenty of content?Again arguable,if you EXPECT a 2 week game and enough content to fill those two weeeks,then you have an argument.However if you never stepped into the game and never put a title on the game and someone said they finished leveling in one week,what would you say about content?

I notice you use the term "FORCED" alot,you don't have to be forced to still be sort of forced.Example if the game offers a certain way to play that is most effective,then the majority WILL play that way.That is in essence forcing players to play one way or play less effective,or in otherwords utilize your time in a non effective way,again that can be argued weather it is a good thing...correct?

I mean seriously no game ever FORCES you to play one way,you are free to do whatever,except when it comes to locking out content,then yo uare FORCED to follow one path to unlock it.

I can use a perfect example,FFXI is a grouping game,but it does not foRCE you to group.However it is most efficient to group ,so like i said it would sort of be forcing you to group.

I don't know if i made any sense or not,bottom line is it is up to each individual if you are a satisifed customer or not...correcxt?If some are not satisfied,they deserve the right to say so,again correct or not?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

after 3 BWEs and hundreds of youtube videos what all was really hidden as far as core gameplay? what the game was all about was known for quite sometime.. no raids no stat progressive gear grind.. all that was known for a very long time.. if that's what upset people that's really their own fault..

Sometimes these games dont play out the way some think they will.  That's why it's a good idea to not over-hype yourself on a game after only playing a few weekends. 

Edit:  You are taking this all rather personally, Aerowyn.  Do you have some sort of investment in this game?

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I blame the attitude of the GW2 fans
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    I blame the attitude of the GW2 fans

This is under the umbrella of hype-backlash.

Sometimes these games dont play out the way some think they will.  That's why it's a good idea to not over-hype yourself on a game after only playing a few weekends. 

Edit:  You are taking this all rather personally, Aerowyn.  Do you have some sort of investment in this game?

how am I taking it personally? just curious how after all that was known about the game could people feel "cheated"

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Not from you.

Not only did his response make sense but it was humorous and a positive statement about you.

Twice as funny, though, is that you are ripping him for it. image

Yeah I didn't really get that exchange either lol :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

how am I taking it personally? just curious how after all that was known about the game could people feel "cheated"

Just your comments as of late ring of some emotional turmoil.  Also, the sarcasm is more prevalent in your posting.

Just your comments as of late ring of some emotional turmoil.  Also, the sarcasm is more prevalent in your posting.

ahh lol just tired of the same arguments over and over and over.. hence the sarcasm

This discussion has been closed.