Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Find out what wasn't answered in the Q&A

Comments

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Why do you keep changing accounts image
  • OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Originally posted by jdlamson75
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Zerglet

If you want to be a trader, politician, crafter, adventurer, explorer, pirate, mercenary, courier, transporter, sailer or whatever else you can think of: Skip Darkfall

Did you even play Darkfall?  

Almost all of that was done and possible.

You are priceless image

My guess is yes.  For one hour, at a goblin spawn, close to launch, with lots of deaths.

Beside politics which i guess are possible in any MMO because they depend on human communication and well AV can't sabotage it even when they rtry it through dumb chat mechanics everything  else is shallow playstyle in DF.

Is possible isnt same as is enjoybale and intresting and gets supported by gameplay mechanics.

Many gameplayplay mechanics even counteract some playstyles like global banking and global ressources for trader courrier , transporter etc.

With DF UW we gettinmg global AH which will eliminate them once and for all.

Ah man, sorry to break this to you, I am not sure how to break the news, how to let you down softly, errm

I am afriad that a statement on AH was made a long time ago that they are under review due to player concerns and won't be in at launch :(

OFC i take this as code as they not finshed it yet but whatever xD Having no idea about how AH will work if / when they are implemented it is pretty hard to comment on what you say. Are they in? are they out? if they are in will they be global? Is there going to be a tax system? I HAVE NO FREKIN IDEA

Lets pressume AH are in and are global, the plan was that they were only to be placed in the few remaining starter cities meaning one of two things, there won't be many and yes you actualy still have to travel to actual get anything.  This alone means nothing has changed in regards to setting up as a courier, if anything given it will give even more option for a trader to bring things to final destination for a small fee. Given that someone could ask for a delievery in trade chat and now anyone in the starter city could have access to whatever was needed rather than having to trawl through thier entire bank account just to confirm they don't have it.

Just more unthoughtful rants, thats all i am seeing sorry.

:)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Oriphus

Ah man, sorry to break this to you, I am not sure how to break the news, how to let you down softly, errm

I am afriad that a statement on AH was made a long time ago that they are under review due to player concerns and won't be in at launch :(

OFC i take this as code as they not finshed it yet but whatever xD Having no idea about how AH will work if / when they are implemented it is pretty hard to comment on what you say. Are they in? are they out? if they are in will they be global? Is there going to be a tax system? I HAVE NO FREKIN IDEA

Lets pressume AH are in and are global, the plan was that they were only to be placed in the few remaining starter cities meaning one of two things, there won't be many and yes you actualy still have to travel to actual get anything.  This alone means nothing has changed in regards to setting up as a courier, if anything given it will give even more option for a trader to bring things to final destination for a small fee. Given that someone could ask for a delievery in trade chat and now anyone in the starter city could have access to whatever was needed rather than having to trawl through thier entire bank account just to confirm they don't have it.

So you dont trust AV 's announcement and presentation of feature's then ?

AV describes how their "market system" works and you don't trust them they will even implement it ? intresting.

Then after you admit you don't even know if its  beeing  implemented you know exactly how for some reason. ? "there won't be many" , "you have to travel" ? how you are so sure about ?

From their presentation of their "market system" one thing is sure. They will be global and that means no one has to travel for trades if he decides so because basing on the description everyone has the choice NOT to travel. What will everyone do on critical valuable transactions and trades  ?  i think you are smart enough to find out yourself ..  

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

So you dont trust AV 's announcement and presentation of feature's then ?

AV describes how their "market system" works and you don't trust them they will even implement it ? intresting.

Then after you admit you don't even know if its  beeing  implemented you know exactly how for some reason. ? "there won't be many" , "you have to travel" ? how you are so sure about ?

From their presentation of their "market system" one thing is sure. They will be global and that means no one has to travel for trades if he decides so because basing on the description everyone has the choice NOT to travel. What will everyone do on critical valuable transactions and trades  ?  i think you are smart enough to find out yourself ..  

You are trying to hard to troll at this point. We have already talked about how development works, it is an ever evolving process. I totaly trust AV's announcement that the AH will not be in at launch.

"Then after you admit you don't even know if its  beeing  implemented you know exactly how for some reason. ? "there won't be many" , "you have to travel" ? how you are so sure about ?"

I stated that i have not got a freakin clue, stop trying so hard to troll and read the post. that staement was followed with "Lets pressume AH are in and are global, the plan was" this brings us back to development and how it evolves over time.....stop being such a baby, grow up for the last time.

"one thing is sure."    No, just no nothing is ever for sure, the game has not launched, we know nothing, it is still in development, stop being an asshat.  " They will be global and that means no one has to travel for trades if he decides so because basing on the description everyone has the choice NOT to travel." I just explained how you have no idea whatso ever about anything, please stop embarrasing yourself. You always have to travel, even with global banking...you still always had to travel to the person to actualy get something -.-

Stop trolling about things you know nothing about while trying to pretend you do, it has become evident you have never played darkfall for any length of time. you are just another troll wasting my time and everyone elses.

"Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 

I think youre looking for a theme park where things are spelled out for you and spoon feed.  You want to be a "Pirate" go over take the "Pirate" quest...poof youre a "Pirate" . And you know youre a Pirate because you now have a Parrot on your shoulder and an eye patch. Aaaargh!!!image

LOL, i didn't see this part and yes, exactly...I don't think this one has any idea what he wants, he claims he wants tools but like you have stated...he is not after real tools, he is after themepark features that appear on the surface to be sandbox tools. 

Originally posted by jahgreen
    Got to love this guys blatant lies and QQ. Nice making a forum account yesterday you troll. I have openly criticsized AV multiple times on their Forums. Let me guess you work for Arenanet. Cause you definitely are spounting lies and making a colorfull presentation without fact.

[mod edit]

Well MO had it's chance, just a shame the devs were to busy playing / cheating at their own game instead of actualy developing the game any, "Awakening" was the biggest joke ever played on a gaming community. That game died the day that expansion came out and everyone got a good look at what they had been doing for the past year lol. Cummunity has been taken over by carebears and devs dancing to their tune, desperate to keep all 40 of its remaining online at anytime customers!

A sad end to a game full of great ideas.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I wouldnt mind Auction Houses being a Player building in a keep, you could have a tax for using it, would be localized. Would make for some interesting battles for sure lol. I dont think AHs should be in the safe zones though. Guess we will see.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

I think youre looking for a theme park where things are spelled out for you and spoon feed.  You want to be a "Pirate" go over take the "Pirate" quest...poof youre a "Pirate" . And you know youre a Pirate because you now have a Parrot on your shoulder and an eye patch. Aaaargh!!!image

LOL, i didn't see this part and yes, exactly...I don't think this one has any idea what he wants, he claims he wants tools but like you have stated...he is not after real tools, he is after themepark features that appear on the surface to be sandbox tools. 

I really dont think he/she knows what they want or even how to express it. I'm getting they didnt like Darkfall and already dont like the yet to be released DF-Unholy Wars.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

If you want to be a trader, politician, crafter, adventurer, explorer, pirate, mercenary, courier, transporter, sailer or whatever else you can think of: Skip Darkfall

You are priceless image

My guess is yes.  For one hour, at a goblin spawn, close to launch, with lots of deaths.

Traders? Politicians? Crafters? Adventurers? Explorers? Pirates? Mercenaries? Couriers? Transporters? Sailors?

Darkfall had that?

Let's go back to reality for a bit shall we.

Politicians. We haven't seen many names rise in DarkFall's community as diplomats, haven't we? Because politics is relatively meaningless in DarkFall. That's why whenever there's a siege, all clans pretty much ally any clan they can while every other clan tries to join in on the battle because they're bored out of their minds. That's not politics, that's just a bunch of gladiators thrown into an arena to fight to the death.

Crafters, Traders, Transporters, Couriers. Pretty much every Darkfall players work on their crafting skills. There is litteraly nothing different between a dedicated crafter, and someone who just harvest and crafts while he AFKs to gain stats or be self-sufficient. Traders, not much going on in that area either, pretty much anybody can do it as with any MMORPG that has no centralized area to sell your things (Auction House)...unless you're talking about Trading Post....and I think I'll just leave it at that. Transporters....what exactly are you transporting? Oh right, nothing. You can just put it in your bank and take it out at a completely different bank elsewhere.

Adventurers, Explorers. What is there to explore? Has there ever been a significant discovery made hidden from players? Has there even been a purpose, a reason to explore? No. That's why AV introduced Chaos Chests. Again, I'll leave it at that, it pretty much speaks for itself.

Sailor, Pirates. Not much going on in the pillage'n plunder departement. You can't  live at the sea...you can't create your own base...nothing. Not very pirate-y is it? Instead you've got few pre-located Clan Cities, some which a harbor/shipyard to make ships. Pretty much it. 

Mercenaries. DarkFall has that (finally). In fact, that's what pretty much most clans are and have been all along, and that's exactly why Aventurine now introduces Mercenaries for DF:UW !!!!!!

Seriously...DarkFall is just one giant arena filled with players crying in the chat or forum because they got "zerged".

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

You are priceless image

Traders? Politicians? Crafters? Adventurers? Explorers? Pirates? Mercenaries? Couriers? Transporters? Sailors?

Darkfall had that?

Seriously...DarkFall is just one giant arena filled with players crying in the chat or forum because they got "zerged".

Yawn...another "expert" with  little to no real experience playing .

• jahgreenjahgreen Member UncommonPosts: 39

You are priceless image

Darkfall had that?

Politicians. We haven't seen many names rise in DarkFall's community as diplomats, haven't we? Because politics is relatively meaningless in DarkFall. That's why whenever there's a siege, all clans pretty much ally any clan they can while every other clan tries to join in on the battle because they're bored out of their minds. That's not politics, that's just a bunch of gladiators thrown into an arena to fight to the death.

Crafters, Traders, Transporters, Couriers. Pretty much every Darkfall players work on their crafting skills. There is litteraly nothing different between a dedicated crafter, and someone who just harvest and crafts while he AFKs to gain stats or be self-sufficient. Traders, not much going on in that area either, pretty much anybody can do it as with any MMORPG that has no centralized area to sell your things (Auction House)...unless you're talking about Trading Post....and I think I'll just leave it at that. Transporters....what exactly are you transporting? Oh right, nothing. You can just put it in your bank and take it out at a completely different bank elsewhere.

Adventurers, Explorers. What is there to explore? Has there ever been a significant discovery made hidden from players? Has there even been a purpose, a reason to explore? No. That's why AV introduced Chaos Chests. Again, I'll leave it at that, it pretty much speaks for itself.

Sailor, Pirates. Not much going on in the pillage'n plunder departement. You can't  live at the sea...you can't create your own base...nothing. Not very pirate-y is it? Instead you've got few pre-located Clan Cities, some which a harbor/shipyard to make ships. Pretty much it. 

Mercenaries. DarkFall has that (finally). In fact, that's what pretty much most clans are and have been all along, and that's exactly why Aventurine now introduces Mercenaries for DF:UW !!!!!!

You sir obviously never played DF. Politics is huge. Tons of behind the scene politics happen. Even at this moment politics are happening for DF: UW and the game is not even out yet. You must have not been in a guild or not willing to inves time into a guild and become an officer to see the real politics. Second as for crafters there was definitely dedicated crafters. Cause crafts like Dragon armor or Q5 enchants to get to that skill level was to costly for the average joe. Also for living at the Sea. You can most certainly live at the Sea. I know how guilds all they did was pirate activites or  ship action. I do not think you ever played the game. Why even post when you are clueless?

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

What I find funny about the OP is that he mentions 2 of the original Razorwax team and how DFUW will be drastically different than their vision. GO BACK to the original concept, all the postings, all the news about what DF was going to be and DF 1.0 is DRASTICALLY different than what they wanted. They found through their hard work that all that they wanted either couldn't be implemented through technology or balance. 

You remember  skill caps, skill decay, mercinaries, pets, tamable dragons and MANY other features that were promised throughout the years prior to DF1.0 and yet the game was drastically different than the original concept.

You mention 100k people ready to buy and sub to DF at release, I believe there were 150k+ people ready, however AV wasnt able to satisfy everyone at once due to server issues then quickly people began to realize that DF wasn't the game they were expecting it to be for all those years. That is largly why the population decreased as rapidly as it did, people realized AV couldn't deliver and the game didn't have what they wanted.

At least with this new iteration they (crosses fingers) are not promising a whole slew of sandbox crap that wont get implemented dissappointing thousands once again.

The game isn't butchered, there will be much more diversity in what you see on the field instead of 50 mages and 10 destroyers or vice versa. There will be more people out in the world looking for raw materials, assuming what I read on their forums about harvesting in more dangerous areas results in better materials. 

You are priceless image

Darkfall had that?

Why when i try to imagine what you look like i get a picture of Marvin from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

I would've actually bothered to reply to your statements, but your last narrow line pretty much explains where you're coming from.

Originally posted by jahgreen
    O

You sir obviously never played DF. Politics is huge. Tons of behind the scene politics happen. Even at this moment politics are happening for DF: UW and the game is not even out yet. You must have not been in a guild or not willing to inves time into a guild and become an officer to see the real politics. Second as for crafters there was definitely dedicated crafters. Cause crafts like Dragon armor or Q5 enchants to get to that skill level was to costly for the average joe. Also for living at the Sea. You can most certainly live at the Sea. I know how guilds all they did was pirate activites or  ship action. I do not think you ever played the game. Why even post when you are clueless?

Plus the people that marked and traded  Rune Stone /Teleport Achors could easily be considered explorers/adventures.

• ZergletZerglet Member Posts: 12

You are priceless image

Darkfall had that?

It took 7 pages to get a constructive post from this community, a good one at that i should say. I think Aventurine should make mmorpg.com their new official forum since everyone here seems to love them.

Good thing we have lots of "experts" like hancakes on this board otherwise we would have to read all these annoying constructive posts from people all day.

Originally posted by Kilrain

What I find funny about the OP is that he mentions 2 of the original Razorwax team and how DFUW will be drastically different than their vision. GO BACK to the original concept, all the postings, all the news about what DF was going to be and DF 1.0 is DRASTICALLY different than what they wanted. They found through their hard work that all that they wanted either couldn't be implemented through technology or balance. 

You remember  skill caps, skill decay, mercinaries, pets, tamable dragons and MANY other features that were promised throughout the years prior to DF1.0 and yet the game was drastically different than the original concept.

You mention 100k people ready to buy and sub to DF at release, I believe there were 150k+ people ready, however AV wasnt able to satisfy everyone at once due to server issues then quickly people began to realize that DF wasn't the game they were expecting it to be for all those years. That is largly why the population decreased as rapidly as it did, people realized AV couldn't deliver and the game didn't have what they wanted.

At least with this new iteration they (crosses fingers) are not promising a whole slew of sandbox crap that wont get implemented dissappointing thousands once again.

The game isn't butchered, there will be much more diversity in what you see on the field instead of 50 mages and 10 destroyers or vice versa. There will be more people out in the world looking for raw materials, assuming what I read on their forums about harvesting in more dangerous areas results in better materials. 

World of Warcraft & Guild Wars have loads of diversity, theres so much to do, tons of races, classes and abilities to choose from.

Sounds great.

Originally posted by xenomonk6
    lmfao embers of caeurus, yay 2016 game ftw. Fuck that shit game and everyone making it, it will be 5 engines behind by the time its released and playable on a single core p4. as for df uw. Proof or get the fuck out brah

Reality check.

We waited 10 years for Darkfall 1, three years for Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

The release date for Embers of Caerus is set for 2015-2016 depending on how their funds develop, and an extensive beta scheduled before that. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by Kilrain

World of Warcraft & Guild Wars have loads of diversity, theres so much to do, tons of races, classes and abilities to choose from.

Sounds great.

Completely avoiding the purpose of my post. Guess you're a loss for words.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by xenomonk6
    lmfao embers of caeurus, yay 2016 game ftw. Fuck that shit game and everyone making it, it will be 5 engines behind by the time its released and playable on a single core p4. as for df uw. Proof or get the fuck out brah

Reality check.

We waited 10 years for Darkfall 1, three years for Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

The release date for Embers of Caerus is set for 2015-2016 depending on how their funds develop, and an extensive beta scheduled before that. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Wait, so your saying your holding out for a game thats not coming out for another 3-4 years?  LOL can't compare that to DF UW cause by then we'll all be talking about DF 3 which will have almost 7 years of DF beta behind it.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Sorry but when an MMO has less than 5k subs, the argument that the game changed drastically from what it was does not hold. 5k subs cannot sustain an MMO so obviously something had to be done, if the correct thing has been done I dont know but time will tell.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Sorry but when an MMO has less than 5k subs, the argument that the game changed drastically from what it was does not hold. 5k subs cannot sustain an MMO so obviously something had to be done, if the correct thing has been done I dont know but time will tell.

It had just 5k because they didn't add something to it that makes it a good game but instead release horror announcements how they will destroy all the ideas behind the game ?

regional ressource types, dynamic ressource spawns,local banking, raw mats with stats and different classes, dynamic mob spawns, mobs get extincted if they get hunted in a area too much (which was a promised DF feature) , racial warfare and incentive to hunt enemy faction, incentives to hunt down PK's according to a working alignment system   thats lets  PK's faces  "harsh consequences" (another promise) , all items craftable instead of mob drops, creating player cities on the spot you like with the building you like, planting the ressources you want to gather around your player city, place a house whereever you like, decorate your house how you like, clan tabbards, armor dyes, making ships transport something because...well..

pirates  attack cargo ships  !  DF miss the entirely idea of piracy because there is zero cargo ships !

make crafter excel in creating exceptional items - it has been claimed here in some posts  that high end crafters in DF are somehow special ? what ? any crafter with that level can craft exact the same items. No special knowledge of recipe or hidden ingredients  or special ability is needed.  Have the crafting level ?  you are as good as anyone else with same crafting level ! 

The list can go on and on ...AV decided not to work on this and to make the game more appealing and less shallow and dumb. t draws that type of player that for some reason dont spend time on better FPS games (because as MMORPG it is subpar lacking all the gameplay content and the freedom to create something) and thats seems is around 10k .

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

A wall of text without any real specifics, it's speculation and QQ. image

This.

maybe OP is right and unholy wars will suck, lets wait and see only a couple weeks.

My blog: image

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by Classicstar

P.S 100% sandbox FFA full loot red server with no safezones thats what i want.

Check out Embers of Caerus, http://www.embersofcaerus.com/content.php/212-Features

Old players of Darkfall, i know who they are, they can deliver on what they say and i can't wait to see their game.

Geee... No agenda here image

LMAO...talk about vaporware.

Not vaporware but won't be out for 4 years or so.

Not even sure why he brought that up its not like these 2 games are going to be in direct competition with each other.

Darkfall 3.0 possibly, if AV is even still around in 4-5 years ;)

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Here's the thing. The original DF did not interest me enough to buy it while this iteration does. Will the incoming players like myself exceed the number of former customers who decide to pass on it?

If more play this time around, then AV has won their bet.

AV doesn't really care who specifically their customers are, just that they draw in more than the first time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon