Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for TBS/RPG

mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
I really loved the first Front Mission with its mix of turn based strategy with using terrain and RPG lvling up and upgrading armaments. Is there a game out there similar to it? I only want a scifi themed game.

Comments

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown is in the same vein and isn't entirely horrible.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Khaeros
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown is in the same vein and isn't entirely horrible.

This right here ^^ its well worth the purchase.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Xcom is good, ignore some of the old farts moaning it isn't exactly like the original.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Xcom is good, ignore some of the old farts moaning it isn't exactly like the original.

ROFL.

Yeah it's a great game. Worthy of the X-Com series. I'm on my second play through at the moment.

• FoxkounFoxkoun Member Posts: 96
    I've looked over the gameplay videos, I was moreso concerned I'd play it a month and mothball it or put it in the closet for a time..
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
    I really loved the first Front Mission with its mix of turn based strategy with using terrain and RPG lvling up and upgrading armaments. Is there a game out there similar to it? I only want a scifi themed game.

Well, dude, strictly my opinion, but Front Mission 3 was the best of the series. Give it a shot.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil