Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You wont find this on darkfallonline.com

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by ayronamic
    The local police cant do shizzle.. you need to step it up with the feds!11 And maybe do some flyers in the neighborhood

haha

"Have you seen this forum moderator?" flyers. Too funny.

"Warning! Forum moderator will be mean to you! Protect your children."

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Fearmeirl I've sent them to AV and local police (i know, lol, it wont do anything since they reside in EU), because I want it legally documentated incase a full case has to be filled in the future.

Perhaps you should contact INTERPOL and tell them about the mean nasty mods?

Originally posted by ayronamic And maybe do some flyers in the neighborhood

Have you seen this guy?

Wanted for :

12 counts of murder in the first degree

14 counts of armed theft of Federation property

22 counts of piracy in high space

18 counts of fraud

37 counts of .....

• DeathByCactusDeathByCactus Member Posts: 36
    Just post all your crap in the thread dude. Stop whining otherwise.
  • SerignuadSerignuad Member UncommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by Fearmeirl Because it was deleted. Every attempt to talk about the game in any negative light or constructive criticism is immediately deleted and the users are suspended or banned. Its amazes me how people have dealt with it so long, thank GOD the darkfall forum mods have no real power in DF. I've emailed AV directly multiple times and sent a complaint to the BBB since AV refuses to act on their own maybe they will respond to outside pressure. It also goes beyond censorship, I and others have actually been personally attacked by AV's forum mods via PM's and emails including one instance of a real life threat from one of the "lead moderators". Since I believe posting them here would be against the ToS, if anyone wants a copy PM me. I've sent them to AV and local police (i know, lol, it wont do anything since they reside in EU), because I want it legally documentated incase a full case has to be filled in the future. This is just a basic warning to anyone who uses DF Forums, be ready for angry hate tells from AV staff if you disagree with anything they say or do.

Abusive tyrannical Moderators do not try to censor negative posters by threatening them in pms or emails -they just ban or suspend. Their problem solved.

From this and the flood of posters describing just the opposite of what you described, Im calling this a failed attempt to fling poo.

We need to start thinking of MMO's as we do music or literature or the movies. There is not one MMO or one game that will be universally satisfactory to everyone's taste. MMO's don't come in one genre just as books or music doesn't come in one genre. Change and innovation is a good thing in the MMO industry just as it is in literature and music, but every MMO doesn't need to push the envelope or be cutting edge to be "good" or fun. It just needs to be good. The same is true for music. The same is true for books or for movies. Music evolves. MMO's evolve. Storytelling evolves. And in doing so, it doesn't make obsolete or not enjoyable everything that's been done before. 
  • stuxstux Member Posts: 462

I haven't heard of anythign like  this.  I have read plenty of really negative posts and haven't seen on post closed/deleted unless it was already being discussed or postings a way to cheat.

May I ask which mod or mods did this?

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by Falesh

Sure sure, all the criticism is getting stomped on by the mods. I'm sure anyone who goes to actually look will find nothing but good comments on the official forums. They are also being one sided and are not locking threads that go against said criticism like this one.

This is an out right lie.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    I posted a thread on the Darkfall forums, and it got deleted.
    I don't understand why, it wasn't that bad.
  • MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

What a load of BS. If anything, Darkfall forums can be accused for a complete lack of moderation.

Here's an example, this is my post, in a thread started by AV staff, so it's not some obscure thread that they don't read, these are DIRECT responses to AV employees.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=330069&page=8&p=5571238
    (I'm actually afraid I will get infraction here on MMORPG just for quoting these)

Cool story bro!
    No really, it's not.

What would have been a cooler story if you didn't RP like a faggot and provided some real info about races and thinking that went behind them, and *gasp* post a video too! Fuck, even a screenshot of all the races next to one another!

After all, you are 4 weeks away from launching, god damn.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=329629&page=3&p=5569501

Dear AV,

Stop mocking us. You know what, screw off until you have something useful to say. All the shit you've just said we've been doing just fine for the past 2+ years on our own. So bugger off and don't pretend like you give a damn now, especially when you didn't even have a decency to "FACILITATE" (look it up, I'm sure that's an unknown vocabulary to you) a proper "The End Of Darkfall" event(s). You are such a pathetic company when it comes to your playerbase.

Sincerely disappointed,
    Your random pissed off subscriber since March, 2009.

no infraction, no post deletion. What do you know. If you were on Darkfall forums, this would be the section of the post where I call you number of "x"-words and point out your shortcomings IRL.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
    Originally posted by Drvanitus

What a load of BS. If anything, Darkfall forums can be accused for a complete lack of moderation.

Here's an example, this is my post, in a thread started by AV staff, so it's not some obscure thread that they don't read, these are DIRECT responses to AV employees.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=330069&page=8&p=5571238
    (I'm actually afraid I will get infraction here on MMORPG just for quoting these)

Cool story bro!
    No really, it's not.

What would have been a cooler story if you didn't RP like a faggot and provided some real info about races and thinking that went behind them, and *gasp* post a video too! Fuck, even a screenshot of all the races next to one another!

After all, you are 4 weeks away from launching, god damn.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=329629&page=3&p=5569501

Dear AV,

Stop mocking us. You know what, screw off until you have something useful to say. All the shit you've just said we've been doing just fine for the past 2+ years on our own. So bugger off and don't pretend like you give a damn now, especially when you didn't even have a decency to "FACILITATE" (look it up, I'm sure that's an unknown vocabulary to you) a proper "The End Of Darkfall" event(s). You are such a pathetic company when it comes to your playerbase.

Sincerely disappointed,
    Your random pissed off subscriber since March, 2009.

no infraction, no post deletion. What do you know. If you were on Darkfall forums, this would be the section of the post where I call you number of "x"-words and point out your shortcomings IRL.

I posted a thread that got deleted. IT had no foul language in it. It basically just said I wish there was a stomp animation or they change the name... and the explosive arrow should be a fire explosion, not green gas.

THE THREAD WAS TAME...

But it got deleted.

Maybe they just had system issues or something and it got lost.

I DON'T KNOW.

But I made a thread, and it is no longer there, which is odd considering the vulgar language used in every other thread.

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

Ah, well that explains it. Because there are 10+ threads on that already. You could have posted it in one of those.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.

I just did?

I'm not the OP.

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

I've actually seen a few threads deleted off of their forums for random stuff,  Not all of it was even that negative or offensive .. It just has to offend the right person and its gone. even the part about recieving threats or personal attack pms doesn't shock me that much given that i've had a few myself in past games.  Thats just internet tough guy syndrom , Nobody is ever safe from it.

Cellar Dwellers these days are just so quick to scream " Troll "

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by Fearmeirl

Because it was deleted. Every attempt to talk about the game in any negative light or constructive criticism is immediately deleted and the users are suspended or banned. Its amazes me how people have dealt with it so long, thank GOD the darkfall forum mods have no real power in DF. I've emailed AV directly multiple times and sent a complaint to the BBB since AV refuses to act on their own maybe they will respond to outside pressure.

It also goes beyond censorship, I and others have actually been personally attacked by AV's forum mods via PM's and emails including one instance of a real life threat from one of the "lead moderators". Since I believe posting them here would be against the ToS, if anyone wants a copy PM me. I've sent them to AV and local police (i know, lol, it wont do anything since they reside in EU), because I want it legally documentated incase a full case has to be filled in the future.

This is just a basic warning to anyone who uses DF Forums, be ready for angry hate tells from AV staff if you disagree with anything they say or do.

The mods here should delete your post because obviously you have never posted on forumfall. I've been posting on forumfall for over a decade and they never ever take down anything said negatively about the game.

The one thing they do delete is reposting the same issue over and over. If there's a thread for it than post in that thread. If you're too stupid to find a thread with your concerns then perhaps you shouldn't be posting at all.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• nileqnileq Member Posts: 476

Your feelings got hurt or something? 

thread is a lie. 

mods att forumfall allow alot more than they do here for example.

I have nothing clever to say.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Just want you all to know, I contacted CNN about this! If the FBI won't do anything, we'll take it to the court of public opinion! They assured me they would devote a special 2 hour segment to this fiasco.

You all may be contacted for live interviews. Don't worry they will fly you out.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

This post got deleted and the user got infractions :

"Why they would want to scare peeps off by releasing more in game footage ?

They better hide the state till many pay for it ...profit."

for all those who claim OP lies etc.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Fearmeirl

Because it was deleted. Every attempt to talk about the game in any negative light or constructive criticism is immediately deleted and the users are suspended or banned. Its amazes me how people have dealt with it so long, thank GOD the darkfall forum mods have no real power in DF. I've emailed AV directly multiple times and sent a complaint to the BBB since AV refuses to act on their own maybe they will respond to outside pressure.

It also goes beyond censorship, I and others have actually been personally attacked by AV's forum mods via PM's and emails including one instance of a real life threat from one of the "lead moderators". Since I believe posting them here would be against the ToS, if anyone wants a copy PM me. I've sent them to AV and local police (i know, lol, it wont do anything since they reside in EU), because I want it legally documentated incase a full case has to be filled in the future.

This is just a basic warning to anyone who uses DF Forums, be ready for angry hate tells from AV staff if you disagree with anything they say or do.

You are kidding right i have taken the piss and at some point complained about most info they have released over the last few months..

not once have i been banned or had a post deleted.. I am pretty happy that i can post about nearly anything within reason on the darkfall forums and not have my post deleted or get warned..

I can only think that you stepped over the line..

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Seems like trolling to me, I can see why they might delete it.

(accusing them of hiding the state of the game in order to "fool" people into paying for it.)

If you don't have proof, don't make unfounded accusations.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

(accusing them of hiding the state of the game in order to "fool" people into paying for it.)

image   Plue its not like youre entitled to "free speech" on a forum, try reading the TOS next time

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    WOW...You got banned from ForumFall. That would be quite the post if that is the case. There is no punches held back on that forum.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Hancakes

image   Plue its not like youre entitled to "free speech" on a forum, try reading the TOS next time

being that sensitive about such a harmless post just shows that the poster was on the right  track.

if there was nothing to hide and if they are "generous" over there  like so many claim why the harsh reaction ?

it just show a nerve got hit.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

I don't see this as constructive criticism. Here's a rephrased version

"What problems would arise if they release more in game footage?"

/end

You will learn that official forums are not the best place for 'opinion' threads especially if they are negative. If I post this game is great; they ignore it. Nothing needs changed if I post that. However if I post this game is bad and give no reason behind why, the delete it or move it. If I post with a different title that's less offensive than 'this is bad' and leave a nice introduction along with the points I want to make in a non-biased fashion--they flag it and show it to the devs. 

Originally posted by Fendel84M

Just want you all to know, I contacted CNN about this! If the FBI won't do anything, we'll take it to the court of public opinion! They assured me they would devote a special 2 hour segment to this fiasco.

You all may be contacted for live interviews. Don't worry they will fly you out.

Oh--it's that kind of thread. Okay, I'll bow out.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Thread is a load of crap, DF is one forum where you can say anything you want, and that includes calling some one the C word.

Where do you trolls come from, its like you hunt every game and just troll troll talk lies all the time about every game...

Whats you name on the Df forums and your in game name, lets seee i your talking total shit?

Doubt you'll get him to post his forum name/ingame name.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Hancakes

being that sensitive about such a harmless post just shows that the poster was on the right  track.

if there was nothing to hide and if they are "generous" over there  like so many claim why the harsh reaction ?

it just show a nerve got hit.

That post is clearly inflammatory image 

The only thing it shows is inablitity to post without sounding like a troll. Perhaps its a language issue?