Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Find out what wasn't answered in the Q&A

Howdy!

I thought i would post this up here as our jolly moderator friends over at the Darkfall forums do not condone constructive criticism! Even quoting the Adventureteen overlords on their past lies is a direct violation of forumfall law!

Rest assured, anyone displeased with the current moderation policy can take revenge in DF:UW on Ninogan (Chavoyl), and his forumfall friends AgentOranj and Brainfreeze, we thank them kindly for demonstrating how a state penitentiary deals with unruly citizens.

How can you release an unfinished and untested supposed sequel to a game that ships with less content than the predeccesor, AND completely backstab all the long-term followers and veterans of Darkfall by completely changing the core mechanics that were supposed to differentiate this game from a straight up pvp arena? The answer is Aventurine.

One of the largest issues that imbalanced the wealth distribution of the world in Darkfall 1 was the rampant exploiting and misplacement of many high end mobs. Darkfall 1, unlike UW, did have a beta and while spawns were fixed an enormous amount [of bugs] still made it into the release client. We are possibly looking at hundreds of possible exploits and faults left in the game on many different levels.

Key mechanics have been disabled or removed from the system providing a possibly huge imbalance or exploitability. Content is missing from key areas of the game while much development time seems to have been spent on multiple rebuilds and redesigning of the world and other graphical elements that hard working Darkfall grinders are happy to turn off in their graphics settings window upon entering the world of limbo.

Instead of regurgitating old information and quoting information released by Aventurine that have proven to be lies i would invite anyone in need of a reality check to go back and read the first pages of the news archive when they were actually releasing content and features that made it into the game.

Compare this to the current Darkfall blog you have and it will not take you long to notice that roughly more than half of the features they touched upon in their blog entries did not make it into UW, perhaps this is a good thing because that same blog mentions features such as "Limbo" and "a NPC courier system" and many other themeparktastic features that were extensively discussed and lied about. One can only hope these features are not going to be in DF:UW but given the fact we have heard nothing about those features since their announcement, and considering Aventurine's track record, anything could happen.

Needless to say such features announced for UW are in direct contrast to the original features and vision that were designed and created by the godfathers of this game, familliar faces to most old veterans: Claus Grovdal, Ricki Sickenger and other key personnel from the original Razorwax team.

When any veteran Darkfall players read what features are in store for DF:UW i can't help but make the comparison that it's much like finding out the girl you've been trying to land turns out to be a scantily clad dude called Tasos.
Apply this to DF:UW and what you are left with is a pretty watered down version of the solid foundation DF1 was, dressed up cute to look like a sandbox but once you get to the good part you find out its actually a heartattack inducing themepark ride to hell.

Luckily you can limbo port back to your last known location after suffering brain damage from staring into your permanently magic-spell blinded screen.

Those magic enthousiasts of you will be happy to hear that you can spam your favorite area-of-effect or crowd control spell while holding your melee weapon or bow. The revolutionary new system allows you to run around wildly sprinting in every direction while knockbacking your enemies into oblivion.

It doesn't take long to see that the people that worked on the original Darkfall vision are not behind the new game, but rather it seems more fitting that such groundbreaking features as "roles", "limbo mode" and "player points" have been conjured up by Tasos and the seven dwarfs. - But even the dwarves did not survive the massacre of sandbox mechanics because in the new game they have become extinct, much like the sandbox mechanics we were hoping to find, buried under the mountains of zerg friendly features and pvp arena mechanics directly lifted from other terrible games we all hate.

To those of you that still cling onto the sliver of hope that Aventurine may become a reputable company after launch, rest assured, they will still lie to you at every possible opportunity.

Don't worry though, if you feel you have been insufficiently lied to you are free to open a support ticket at our customer center where we guarantee one of our minimum-wage employees will reply to your outrageous claims before the mayan calender ends.

As a reward to those of you that are still reading this wall of text, you will be pleased to know that one of the few questions Aventurine refused to answer in the recent Q&A was the straight up question if there were "plans in place for a player beta".

That's all you will learn from me though, because just like Aventurine, i lured you into reading this thread under false pretenses, but my lie only lasted 10 minutes, whereas Aventurine's lasted a decade!

Maybe they are right though, with half of the key mechanics missing or deleted what is left to test? The new streamlined Dorkfall allows you to get right into the fight, no worries if you die, just limbo back to your grave and kill the infidels that dared to oppose your magical abilities with their inflatable bats and bows. Why spend precious time testing a game when you can experience it all live!

One thing Aventurine did not lie about though is that DF:UW is going to be a completely new game, one that takes a drastic turn from the original vision that attracted us to Darkfall, and tries to straddle the fence between a sandbox game and a full-blown pvp arena massacre themepark world that leaves you with burning hemorrhoids and massive headaches.

See you in-game!

Sincerely,
A disgruntled sandbox player

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

It is like you read my mind  ! 

Agree with about everything in your post. I was lucky not being one of those who spend a decade waiting i joined DF just 2 years before launch of DF1 but i was a supporter and had  a active continously sub for 3+ years.

Do also believe that with the "Arena expansion"  - this was the first marketing name for UW and i think it was choosen for a reason and they only changed that after the community expressed their concerns about- we can await the ....

Finito sandbox for DF !

Beside that , the mentality to hide everything is not worthy for support. There are other companies who are fair and open and try their best to deliver ...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by Zerglet
    How can you release an unfinished and untested supposed sequel to a game that ships with less content than the predeccesor, AND completely backstab all the long-term followers and veterans of Darkfall by completely changing the core mechanics that were supposed to differentiate this game from a straight up pvp arena? The answer is Aventurine.

One thing Aventurine did not lie about though is that DF:UW is going to be a completely new game, one that takes a drastic turn from the original vision that attracted us to Darkfall, and tries to straddle the fence between a sandbox game and a full-blown pvp arena massacre themepark world that leaves you with burning hemorrhoids and massive headaches.

See you in-game!

How can you tell that the game is unfinished and untested? Perhaps they tested it themselves internally, and while it may make the final product less 'finished', it's in AV's best interest to release their product 20th november. And you answered yourself there in the second quote, they did make a new game, changing some (not all) of their core mechanics, while still keeping the solid PvP vision.

They have their plans and not all of them will be at launch, though it has the potential to be something good - at least for newcomers. Yes, it sucks that theyre being so silent and all, but hey, what can we do - but at the same time they may have limited resources compared EA. I dont see how they supposedly 'backstabbed' anyone, they more likely adapted as this is a new game after all. Time will truly tell how itll turn out, but from the little we have of mostly everything, it does sound promising from my subjective standpoint.

And if I was Sherlock I'd bet my hat that op was DarthRaiden.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by ayronamic

You aren't sherlock and with this sentence you show it  ;)

Don't know myself why the poster prefer to stay incognito , i don't think he made any outrageous claims but i didn't posted this.

But i happily sign it , many of it you will also find in my recent posts spread around  here so seems i am not the only one who is thinking that way.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Wish UW was a drastic turn from open world FFA PVP Darkfall game but sadly, it is not...

I am still wondering what your rant is about. UW did not change much from DF, yet it is somehow in direct contrast? Does not make much sense...

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

A wall of text without any real specifics, it's speculation and QQ. image

Fail

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Wish UW was a drastic turn from open world FFA PVP Darkfall game but sadly, it is not...

I am still wondering what your rant is about. UW did not change much from DF, yet it is somehow in direct contrast? Does not make much sense...

you can't be more wrong.  I'm not knocking what they are doing at all as I get they need to cator towards the masses, but this is a totally different game, and the analogy of this being an NGE isn't far off.  I'm not saying it will fail like NGE, but the community gets short notice of the changes, the changes are totally changing a sandbox with diversity to a few scripted roles...it is similiar. 

Those of you saying you wish Darkfall had left the ow ffa pvp and went towards a pve outlook don't get it...thats never been what this game is about, that's basically zsyon, Darkfall as a pve game would be the worst game ever...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Get over it. The game is not DFO, it is DF: UW. You cannot change it by adding in walls of text. If you don't like the game than don't play it. I will play it and judge it then.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Originally posted by ayronamic

Don't know myself why the poster prefer to stay incognito , i don't think he made any outrageous claims but i didn't posted this.

To get the effect OP wanted. If he were to post as himself the impact would be less, so he made a new account so he can use a DF Moderator avatar without the consequences.

A well-written post no-less, and pretty much outlines why I stopped playing DarkFall. I just couldn't support a company that kept lying and lying to it's customers. Luckily they did suffer from a continuously decreasing playerbase, but it seems many are already buying into the hype of UW and may get severely disappointed, as they were with DF1. History will repeat itself I suppose.

Originally posted by afhn2110

the changes are totally changing a sandbox with diversity to a few scripted roles...it is similiar. 

Class system has nothing to do with sandbox. What other "diversity" you talk about?

DF is open world FFA PVP game and UW will be the same. No change there.

Seems like you mistake sandbox for PVP game...not that uncommon error on these boards...

• OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467

Not posted in a long time but i had to log in to say what a load of horse dung this whole wall of text was.

First of all i would like to say i have no love for AV but i do understand what they have done and why they did it, even though i do not approve with the end choice they made at least i understand it, where as you sir seem to have no idea what the hell you are talking about and think that AV goes out of their way to lie to its customers for fun i can only presume. Frankly it comes over very childish that you are unable to read between the lines and understand why a business would do the things they do.

Lets get something straight, Darkfall was a bloody great game adored by many many people, it did however have some flaws. The company has tried to address these issues. We have no idea AT ALL how this will play out, your wall of text talks as if things are fact but the truth is it is nothing more than speculation and poor speculation coming from your own bias of how YOU think YOU would like the game to be and with nothing to actualy base it off. Get over yourself and stop spouting utter garbage that has wasted my time reading and further time replying to let others who might not have much experience with DF and take what you are saying as the word.

I would ask readers after reading this to go back and read said wall of text and ask themselves what the OP has actualy said and can be based on fact in relation to DF:UW..because i can't see anything beyond.....

Waahhhhh they deleted my flame troll post on forums...waaaaahhhhaahahhahaaaa....waaaahhhhhh i hate AV and i hate the forum mods......waaaaahhhhhhhh.

Funny. i neve ever imagined i would stand up on a forum to defend AV as i really did not like the choice they went with to string along its customers by being as evasive as they possibly could. But this whole post by the OP makes me want to throw up it is so filled with bile, hate and 'FACTS' pulled out of no where but his own backside.

:)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
    Originally posted by Oriphus

I would ask readers after reading this to go back and read said wall of text and ask themselves what the OP has actualy said and can be based on fact in relation to DF:UW..because i can't see anything beyond.....

Waahhhhh they deleted my flame troll post on forums...waaaaahhhhaahahhahaaaa....waaaahhhhhh i hate AV and i hate the forum mods......waaaaahhhhhhhh.

I couldnt agree more, it really says nothing.

Secondly... Openly admitting to misleading people surely kills any shred of credibility.

"That's all you will learn from me though, because just like Aventurine, i lured you into reading this thread under false pretenses, but my lie only lasted 10 minutes"

• ZergletZerglet Member Posts: 12

Haha i had to laugh pretty hard at all the clueless comments you guys have made in this thread.

Firstly i made this account as i had no MMORPG account as of yet, my player name is not important at this point, i started following this game in 2001 and started posting on the Darkfall Boards in 2006-7. Anyone that was around at that time knows that what Adventuredream is putting out right now is in direct conflict with anything they have ever said. They made Darkfall after refusing to play the badly made MMORPG's they resented, and now they have become one themselves.

I have followed this game for many many years. I have played beta, then continued to play from launch in 2009 up untill this month. DF:UW was supposed to alleviate and deal with all the problems DF1 had and introduce all the missing content and address the broken promises. So with that in mind i am laughing my ass off at all the fanboys that try to defend Aventurine regarding the missing content. 

Read any of the blogs and it doesn't take you long to figure out that they just make everything up as they go and that there is no real [long-term] plan or goal for the game in place. They clearly stated in the recent Paragus interview that they have not even discussed anything regarding warhulks, ships, housing or any of the other core parts of the game.

PvP and combat system were only supposed to be a small part of this game's amazing feature list, there would be room for all kinds of players to support a vibrant and rich world that would uphold the games population for many years.

They made pretty big concessions already on this page, and still it is an amazing feature list of which maybe one or two things can be found back in DF:UW.

There was talk of regional banking and resources, many layers of depth to the game that would allow traders,crafters,thrill seekers, treasure hunters, pirate clans, mercenaries, politicians and other types of non-pvp centered players to play the game in their own way.

Anyone that says Darkfall is supposed to be a PvP arena game is [frick]ing clueless and that indicated to me that they didn't even hear of Darkfall before 2010's massive zerg friendly feature changes.

Haha i had to laugh pretty hard at all the clueless comments you guys have made in this thread.

Firstly i made this account as i had no MMORPG account as of yet, my player name is not important at this point, i started following this game in 2001 and started posting on the Darkfall Boards in 2006-7. Anyone that was around at that time knows that what Adventuredream is putting out right now is in direct conflict with anything they have ever said. They made Darkfall after refusing to play the badly made MMORPG's they resented, and now they have become one themselves.

I have followed this game for many many years. I have played beta, then continued to play from launch in 2009 up untill this month. DF:UW was supposed to alleviate and deal with all the problems DF1 had and introduce all the missing content and address the broken promises. So with that in mind i am laughing my ass off at all the fanboys that try to defend Aventurine regarding the missing content. 

Read any of the blogs and it doesn't take you long to figure out that they just make everything up as they go and that there is no real [long-term] plan or goal for the game in place. They clearly stated in the recent Paragus interview that they have not even discussed anything regarding warhulks, ships, housing or any of the other core parts of the game

Such a drama queen!  Another "vet"  *cough* whos pissy AVs taking their little toy away. (DF1)

Run along now, DF-UW will be fine without you.

You have no more insight into how DF-UW will be at launch than the rest of us, youre just pissed they deleted your rant over on DFO. 

GET OVER IT!!! 

PS;  Thanks for the forum activity, keeps DF-UW on the front page.image

Originally posted by OriphusWe have no idea AT ALL how this will play out, your wall of text talks as if things are fact but the truth is it is nothing more than speculation and poor speculation coming from your own bias of how YOU think YOU would like the game to be and with nothing to actualy base it off. Get over yourself and stop spouting utter garbage that has wasted my time reading and further time replying to let others who might not have much experience with DF and take what you are saying as the word.

People like you just make me want to smack my head into a brick wall.

Everything i have said or referenced to has come directly from actual statements by Aventurine made over the course of several years. Infact you are the only one here who's posts are based on nothing but speculation.

Your post actually confirms the jist of mine which is that Aventurine lied to such an extent over the years that their own playerbase doesn't even know what they have said anymore.

Read any of the blogs and it doesn't take you long to figure out that they just make everything up as they go and that there is no real [long-term] plan or goal for the game in place. They clearly stated in the recent Paragus interview that they have not even discussed anything regarding warhulks, ships, housing or any of the other core parts of the game.

PvP and combat system were only supposed to be a small part of this game's amazing feature list, there would be room for all kinds of players to support a vibrant and rich world that would uphold the games population for many years.

They made pretty big concessions already on this page, and still it is an amazing feature list of which maybe one or two things can be found back in DF:UW.

There was talk of regional banking and resources, many layers of depth to the game that would allow traders,crafters,thrill seekers, treasure hunters, pirate clans, mercenaries, politicians and other types of non-pvp centered players to play the game in their own way.

Anyone that says Darkfall is supposed to be a PvP arena game is [frick]ing clueless and that indicated to me that they didn't even hear of Darkfall before 2010's massive zerg friendly feature changes.

It is called development progress. Are you really this clueless. Things evolve with the realities of the problems that face us.

Unhappy with thier choices? Then go make your own game.

I can put this in short form for you:

Grow the F**K UP

"Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I started following Darkfall in 2003 on forumfall, finally in jan 2009 i got into beta and loved what i saw.

When game launched(got into game end of march 2009) i started little by little dislike what was not in the game, the macroing the exploiters/hackers i hated and slowly making the game more and more easy for the themeparkers was nightmare.

I quit after more then 2 years dissapointed with how DFO eventually became and its community.

Now ive read up most what DFUW will be and NO THANKS this ain't the game i hoped in 2003 followed and someday i would play.

Im still waiting for game that i and many hardcore followers of early darkfall 1.0 hours wanted but im affraid it will never see the light of day:(

This DFUW is not razorwax/aventurine(2003-2006 after that it already started downwards)i followed as huge fan after 2006 my first doub about vision of DFO started to get crackes in my believes this was the game i wanne play.

Good luck AV but your not my cup of tea for longtime now.

P.S 100% sandbox FFA full loot red server with no safezones thats what i want.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

As a newb to the game (played for like a week a year ago) none of the changes effect me. I see where a lot of vets show how A will be better than the new B, and I respect and agree with most of the issues.

The game will still be good though right? They had to do something in order for a new game to be made so that they could launch again. All I'm saying is that from the outside looking in, the good of a launching a new game out weighs the bad of the changes.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by Classicstar

I started following Darkfall in 2003 on forumfall, finally in jan 2009 i got into beta and loved what i saw.

When game launched(got into game end of march 2009) i started little by little dislike what was not in the game, the macroing the exploiters/hackers i hated and slowly making the game more and more easy for the themeparkers was nightmare.

I quit after more then 2 years dissapointed with how DFO eventually became and its community.

Now ive read up most what DFUW will be and NO THANKS this ain't the game i hoped in 2003 followed and someday i would play.

Im still waiting for game that i and many hardcore followers of early darkfall 1.0 hours wanted but im affraid it will never see the light of day:(

This DFUW is not razorwax/aventurine(2003-2006 after that it already started downwards)i followed as huge fan after 2006 my first doub about vision of DFO started to get crackes in my believes this was the game i wanne play.

Check out Embers of Caerus, http://www.embersofcaerus.com/content.php/212-Features

Old players of Darkfall, i know who they are, they can deliver on what they say and i can't wait to see their game.

Check out Embers of Caerus, http://www.embersofcaerus.com/content.php/212-Features

Old players of Darkfall, i know who they are, they can deliver on what they say and i can't wait to see their game.

Geee... No agenda here image

LMAO...talk about vaporware.

Originally posted by bcbully As a newb to the game (played for like a week a year ago) none of the changes effect me. I see where a lot of vets show how A will be better than the new B, and I respect and agree with most of the issues.   The game will still be good though right? They had to do something in order for a new game to be made so that they could launch again. All I'm saying is that from the outside looking in, the good of a launching a new game out weighs the bad of the changes.    

Wrong.

They had 100k willing and able players at their 2009 launch, there is no shortage of players interested in sandbox full-loot pvp mmorpgs.

Instead of relying on actual sandbox mechanics and implementing missing content from the game they started combining ideas and mechanics from themepark and arena style games. After the initial playerbase dissipated only the PvP crowd remained active and that's what DF:UW is geared towards.

It's a completely different game for a completely different kind of playerbase. The players that quit early on DF1 will find even less in DF:UW of what they already found lacking in DF.

yeah was a shame we didnt get everything we hoped for, would have been ultra epic heh :) well good luck on your search i hope you find the next ONE! (and it isn't just something living in your head that can never be realised heh).

I will give DF:UW a roll and see how it is, i just hope it can live up to DF1 with some improvements to boot!.

Originally posted by bcbully As a newb to the game (played for like a week a year ago) none of the changes effect me. I see where a lot of vets show how A will be better than the new B, and I respect and agree with most of the issues.   The game will still be good though right? They had to do something in order for a new game to be made so that they could launch again. All I'm saying is that from the outside looking in, the good of a launching a new game out weighs the bad of the changes.    

Wrong.

They had 100k willing and able players at their 2009 launch,

Thats complete BS.  It was a staggered release with a fraction of that intially, that's why people had to wait weeks to purchase.

Keep digging that hole image

They had 100k willing and able players at their 2009 launch.

Ugh...source?

Originally posted by Gdemami

They had 100k willing and able players at their 2009 launch.

Ugh...source?

Darkfall did sell over 100K copies in its lifetime, but sure as hell wasn't at release. Secondly youve already been provided a source link the last time you question the numbers.

Originally posted by Hancakes

Wrong.

They had 100k willing and able players at their 2009 launch,

Thats complete BS.  It was a staggered release with a fraction of that intially, that's why people had to wait weeks to purchase.

Keep digging that hole image

Actually you are wrong, they did have 100k+ willing and able players at launch, 30-40k actual players managed to purchase a game.

If you had watched the Aventurine documentary you would have known this, and you would also have known that in the end they sold 150.000 copies of Darkfall 1 and broke even, paid back their debt.