Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol hilarious

You have to pay for more skillbars lol this is the only f2p game that nickel and dime you on everything even skillbars

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Yep.

Thats why it went from- I might play- to oh well nevermind.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Everyone would expect more from Star Wars .. but EA is handling this game, so, yeah.  Fork over the cash.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    yikes... that is a whole new level of sad...
  • LifeEnderLifeEnder Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I give it to feb or march and this game will be shut down , as it should be.
  • sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Originally posted by LifeEnder

Yeah I'm sure it is close to shutting down, nevermind the fact that basically every subscriber based game that isn't World of Warcraft would love to have as many subscribers as this game has even after so many people have left.

• MeGaTronPowerMeGaTronPower Member Posts: 80
    BIoware going insane with f2p model for sure

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

The thing that I really dislike about Games going F2P, IS that the people who have bought the box ( so essentially bought the game), Find out that they have to rebuy the entire game.. I find it so extremely rubish. 

They should really give people who bought the game in advance, a full account or acces to all things that were included in the retail version. 

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Just no. Like any other Freemiun MMO before, it will have more players, more subs and more money.And 2 bars is more than enough, and still u can bind a key to change bars, is not a big deal. 

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by hikaru77

Just no. Like any other Freemiun MMO before, it will have more players, more subs and more money.And 2 bars is more than enough, and still u can bind a key to change bars, is not a big deal. 

I love Fanbois, they are blind with stupidity.

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower
    You have to pay for more skillbars lol this is the only f2p game that nickel and dime you on everything even skillbars

As a F2P player you are given 2 skill bars which is completely adequate in my view. Particularly as the F2P element is mainly geared around the story/levelling aspect of the game.

You are given enough skill bars that you can, you know, experience the game for free but you will have to pay a small amount for individual QoL functionality that a full subscriber would get autmomatically. This includes the maximum amount of skill bars.

Not sure where or why you have an issue with this?

Unless of course you are one of the sad and sorry entitlement crowd that thinks a freemium model means you can have everything a sub gets without ever supporting the game via a sub OR MTs.

If thats the case you are not the type of player that F2P/Hybrid is designed to attract.

The overwhelming majority of feedback around the cartel store has been very positive, particularly since BW have taken on board player feedback as to what is and is not considered too much in terms of unlocks. The fact that two skill bars are now given to F2P players instead f just one is a direct response to community feedback on the subject.

Still, I suppose however BW implement the F2P/Hybrid model there will always be the usual scrubs crying that not contributing anything to support the game, be that sub or MTs results in restrictions :(

Driz

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    How much will they charge for the character selection screen?

Originally posted by biggarfoot

Being blind by your own ignorance is a two way street isnt it?

Almost all examples of a game making a transition to a Freemium / F2PHybrid model have resulted in success stories for the games concerned. LOTRO being possibly the best example.

Of course you will dismiss this as a possibility on this occasion simply because the game concerned is SWTOR...

Love how you ignore the sheer weight of fact and evidence because it does not support youe hater point of view :)

Sounds a bit like you are blind with stupidity, no?

Driz

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by jdnewell

Yep.

This.

I was expecting restrictions, but they're being ridiculous with this even with the recent changes.

Though I may consider going back if they got rid of the skillbar thing and got rid of the dungeon restrictions.  My girlfriend and I were planning on going back, and supplement our gameplay with the dungeons while paying for cosmetic features and the like. Yet, our interest in the game tanked after we read what they were planning.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Or, just pay $15 a month and don't worry about it. :)

Joined - July 2004

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    If I can grind out the stories on the remaining classes ( being that I only finished Jedi Sage) Ill deff come back for FTP.   Atleast just to finish the stories.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by vayman
    How much will they charge for the character selection screen?

I loled

Other games already catching on. DDO is charging for inventory, "you can play for free, you just can't loot for free". Calling it F2PN2L(Free to play not to loot)

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Here it is how i see it and this discussion comes up everytime a MMO goes F2P.

People who are already susbcribed will conttinue to do so. For rest who never liked te game i doubt F2P conversin will make a difference. 

F2P is nothing but an extended free trial. I play all the so called F2P games with a monthly sub  EQ2 and AOC for example.

So for those who never liked the game how does it matter?

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

so how many icons/shortcuts will f2p be able to place in bars?

12?

Originally posted by Yaevindusk
    Originally posted by jdnewell

Yep.

This.

I was expecting restrictions, but they're being ridiculous with this even with the recent changes.

Though I may consider going back if they got rid of the skillbar thing and got rid of the dungeon restrictions.  My girlfriend and I were planning on going back, and supplement our gameplay with the dungeons while paying for cosmetic features and the like. Yet, our interest in the game tanked after we read what they were planning.

What sort of restrictions were you expecting? Im genuinely interested to hear because every other Freemium/Hybrid game charges MTs for things like bank access, quick travel, unlimited credit caps etc etc etc....

The idea of it is to wet your appetite in order to tempt you support the game via MTs or a sub.....

Driz

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by ImperialSun
    Originally posted by biggarfoot

Being blind by your own ignorance is a two way street isnt it?

Almost all examples of a game making a transition to a Freemium / F2PHybrid model have resulted in success stories for the games concerned. LOTRO being possibly the best example.

Of course you will dismiss this as a possibility on this occasion simply because the game concerned is SWTOR...

Love how you ignore the sheer weight of fact and evidence because it does not support youe hater point of view :)

Sounds a bit like you are blind with stupidity, no?

Driz

First the comment is "any other freemium", then it gets changed to "almost"............

Three Words: CITY OF HEROS

One question: DO you think there will be a big player protest when it does get shut down? As in Atlas Park, Paragon CIty.

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

All P2P games that make the transition  to F2P have a nickel and dime mentallity. They will eventually relax on the F2P model as the game becomes more successful. As an example just look at how bad the F2P option on Champions online was when it just transitioned and look at it now.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    What do you guys think? Should a company make money or not?

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    I doubt itll ever be shut down the next few years, simply because this is the most expensive video game evar, itll be money thrown out of the window. What I am curious to see though is how expansions will turn out, because this game was expensive simply because of having to hire actors for VO. Wouldnt it be fun if it went 'wow-style' questing.
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    What do you guys think? Should a company make money or not?

Seems like in the eyes of most teenagers today, everything should be free to them or part of some social welfare program.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Well, sadly i still play this game (though not as often thesedays) but i did seem to think they had taken the goign F2P model to pull in players. Sadly all they have done is alienate the current subscribers and scare many F2P players away.

I myself also think that if this carries on the game would have no more than a 6mth lifespan, especially when they keep releasing botched patch's (some issue's with 1.3, alot of issue's with 1.4 thus far) which is 1 reason why i dont play the game as much anymore. Just letting my current subscription run down (whether i play the game or not) but would i pay to play this anymore, probably not. Think i will return back to warcraft (once i have had a bit longer of a timeout from it) almost 5mths and so far dont feel the need to go back to that one yet, unfortunatly nothing else out there. Sad fact is a common web browser game is giving more enjoyment that SW-ToR is :(

This discussion has been closed.