Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Sub or no sub

2»

Comments

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    In my opinion this game was great story wise cause I loved ToR 1 & 2. But when I reached cap and played the endgame wasn't just much fun, just felt like a mediocre themepark at best. But I am looking forward to F2P cause I want to see the bounty hunters story line.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    I unsubbed after the first month, the lack of journey and the lack of any depth of the game decided that for me.  There was also a lot of other issues thats already been mentioned in this thread, the only thing that I can honestly say I enjoyed was Hutball.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

I think all this has been said before. Its just a shame that the people, that actually have a huge role in changing the game, dont  read this website.

As for them " Hearing what the player wants " . They just updated the graphics shades. But, um, didnt fix any other problem that everyone is talking about. . Which is why I wont pay to play or play for free at all. It's like a constant train wreck out in the middle of no where and, even if its free, its still a constant train wreck .

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

I thought SWTOR was gonna be a great game. I was wrong. It's mediocre.

Got my BH to 50 and stopped playing. Started levelling some alts but got sick of the grind.

Haven't played for 6 months and probably won't be playing in the furture either.

Waiting for The Repopulation MMO.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by cura
    I unsubscribed due to shit engine performance (and lack of acknowledgment of the probelm by devs), no open world pvp and lack of chat bubbles (i saw two times more RP in a month of GW2 then in four months of SWTOR, lol). 

You joke right??? There is role play and story in GW2??? trololo

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Subbed and wil continue. Playing every day for couple hours and enjoying. Still have enourmous amount of content to go through so I don't see myself bored anytime soon.

I play way too much :).

Probably close to 250 hours a month as my weekends are usually 8-10 h marathons in addition to 3-4 h on weekdays.

This dosent make any sense at all.

TOR dosent have that much content.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

Combined with that other poll, I´d say there will be tons of re-subs when the space revamp hits. If it´s done right.

I really hope they are doing it right... Star Citizen style..

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Combined with that other poll, I´d say there will be tons of re-subs when the space revamp hits. If it´s done right.

I really hope they are doing it right... Star Citizen style..

What space revamp?

Star Citizen will be out before any meaningful space game comes out for SWTOR.  Just sayin.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I just don't get some people's logic in supporting this game AGAIN. didn't they learn their lesson the first time?

So basically they are keeping the game exactly the same except this time they will be preventing you from seeing content if you're not paying, EVEN if you are a returning player. Uhm how is that in any way better or how is that in any way a "free" anything? It's like returning to an even poorer rendition of WoW then WoW actually is (because of how WoW cuts off content to casual players) but playing the poorer rendition because it's spaceage.

How is this a better option please someone explain it to me because being able to login and send /tells to people who might be checking it out a second time (notably to see if their disappointment was justified the first time, and it was) I just can't fathom how that would be in any way a good idea. Guess I'm getting more cynical in my old age I dunno.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

I took the plunge and resubbed for a month, wish  hadnt bothered, though there was a suprising number of players in the starter zones, but I guess that is due to the f2p to lvl 15.   Went to capital fleet station and was met with silence on various topics, guess players are not to social in general chat.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Interested in the results...

Er...can it not be a combination of the second two?  Gameplay AND subscription?

Do people really leave games over single issues? (I know, I know, "gameplay" is a multi-issue thang by definition.  Just add "and wanted to drop a sub fee" to the end of the multi-page "gameplay" rant).

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Monthly fee is no issue for me. I never got a chance to play the game extensively. So i am going to subscribe and finish atleast couple of more storylines. I actually enjoyed PVP in SWTOR so let us see how it goes this time.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Subbed and wil continue. Playing every day for couple hours and enjoying. Still have enourmous amount of content to go through so I don't see myself bored anytime soon.

I play way too much :).

Probably close to 250 hours a month as my weekends are usually 8-10 h marathons in addition to 3-4 h on weekdays.

This dosent make any sense at all.

TOR dosent have that much content.

TOR has more content that you guys are giving it credit for. And because of the DS and LS choices and differences in quests for  females vs males or solo vs group  it makes it for me the most replayable MMO from  the ones I played.

It's my opinion of course, but as altoholic - I leveled alts in all games I played (6 level 90 toons in EQ2, I could not make myself to level toons aside of Minstrel (65) in LOTRO to higher level then 35 - the grind was unbearable) and none of them gave me as much fun in re-leveling as SWTOR. I have right now 7 characters level 50, excluding one level 50 Juggernaut  that I deleted as I did not like the way she looked /grin. Still plenty alts waiting patiently for their turn.

I also think that the way how they introduced healers in SWTOR is awesome. You CAN be a healer but you DON"T HAVE to, or you can be a healer just when you need. Sorcerer can be the best healer or the best DPS.  Operative and Mercenary can dish very decent DPS as well. With the coming change in 1.5 allowing subscribers unlimited respec for free - change of specs will be unlimited.

I always played healers in all MMOs I played, but in SWTOR my absolute favorites are Assasin and Juggernaut - both in tank spec and both males. Go figure LOL. I deleted female Juggernaut as I really did not feel that female is enough powerful physically to be believable character. Once I switched to male everything clicked in. It was like perfect match. Beside, Sith warrior's voice over is the best in game imo.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Interested in the results...

Er...can it not be a combination of the second two?  Gameplay AND subscription?

Do people really leave games over single issues? (I know, I know, "gameplay" is a multi-issue thang by definition.  Just add "and wanted to drop a sub fee" to the end of the multi-page "gameplay" rant).

guess there must be one main reason. Either it's not fun anymore or you don't have the money to spend each month.

Can be a combination of both, sure but one must outweigh the other

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Unsubscribed. for gameplay reasons for me

1. Replayability sucked because I was strong armed into doing the same quest, zones over and over with no freedom of variety..
    2. No flexibilty or mentoring of levels as you progress thru the game..  GW2 did this perfectly..
    3. OMG.. I hated all the loading screens just to get from one planet to another.. I don't demand instand travel.. In fact I loved traveling back in the days of EQ before PoP.. Was it long?  YES, but it was challenging and eventful most of the time.. SWTOR's traveling isn't either, it's just a pain in the arse..
    4. LAG sucked.. I went from playing WoW > Rift > SWTOR > GW2 with this computer and ONLY TOR gives my computer fits with FPS..  grrrrrrrr
    The game just doesn't feel like an OPEN dynamic universe..  It just feels like a linear game on rails..