Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European servers heavy populated. People are returning back

I was really surprised to see European servers heavy populated. Maybe some other ''Hyped'' mmo's failed and people are returning back to enjoy mmo with best story ever created... hmm who knows maybe is the ''less'' in mmo not the best way to go after all.

Comments

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

It is probably the free to play coming that is bringing people (back) to the game. If they were subbed probably subbed for one last time, to get their cartel coins, and then unsub to F2P

As this thread shows, people are moving from $15 per month to FREE to play and livving with the restrictions. Even if loads of people are playing EA will still not be getting their money.

Then new people can get the most out of the free to L15 which is less restrictive and then when it goes F2P carry on.

After a few months the game wil just die off again, as there were millions playing at the start of the game, and there were loads of servers Heavy, even FULL, but the many people playing did not keep people playing, and if the game was somewhat enjoyable people still would have subbed for longer than what they did do.

Most people will just level to 50, enjoy the end game for a bit, and then quit, like what has already happened. Those returning may play end game for a bit, but then too get bored and quit.

The only thing that will keep people playing will be worthwhile content, that can keep people amused for ages within itself eg SWGs crafting system or its CH/BE/BM professions or its multiplayer open space or its player housing and city system etc

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by superniceguy

It is probably the free to play coming that is bringing people (back) to the game. If they were subbed probably subbed for one last time, to get their cartel coins, and then unsub to F2P

As this thread shows, people are moving from $15 per month to FREE to play and livving with the restrictions. Even if loads of people are playing EA will still not be getting their money.

Then new people can get the most out of the free to L15 which is less restrictive and then when it goes F2P carry on.

After a few months the game wil just die off again, as there were millions playing at the start of the game, and there were loads of servers Heavy, even FULL, but the many people playing did not keep people playing, and if the game was somewhat enjoyable people still would have subbed for longer than what they did do.

Most people will just level to 50, enjoy the end game for a bit, and then quit, like what has already happened. Those returning may play end game for a bit, but then too get bored and quit.

The only thing that will keep people playing will be worthwhile content, that can keep people amused for ages within itself eg SWGs crafting system or its CH/BE/BM professions or its multiplayer open space or its player housing and city system etc

But it is so in any other MMORPG except wow. Some other hide behind F2P option that allows to play with number of players and we all know that most of players create multiple accounts. But i saw very high population of level 50 players in TOR not that f2p low level. And yes they should take from SWG crafting and more free open world

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Here you go OP: http://www.torstatus.net/shards/eu/stats

The EU servers show a slight uptick...but.  The server caps and inrermediate levels are set by Bioware. Is this the metric which inspired your post?

8 light servers and one standard? English, Deutsch, et Francaise.

Or perhaps you have antectodal  evidence? (Remember, we're dealing with undocumented Mega-Servers here.)

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

The EU servers show a slight uptick...but.  The server caps and inrermediate levels are set by Bioware. Is this the metric which inspired your post?

Or perhaps you have antectodal  evidence? (Remember, we're dealing with undocumented Mega-Servers here.)

You are the good one :) Well in Europe nobody play in the morning, people are working. It shows the same  stats now on SWTOR site but later are servers full. So they have not different standard like you want to present. Next time think more and check more before you post. Trololololo

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by bubaluba

You are the good one :) Well in Europe nobody play in the morning, people are working. It shows the same  stats now on SWTOR site but later are servers full. So they have not different standard like you want to present. Next time think more and check more before you post. Trololololo

I'm confused. Te aggregate data shows an uptick. Here's the right now snapshot: http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Server status 10:30 am London, 11:30 am in Paris and Berlin. A mix of standard and light. Makes you wonder what the threshold from light to standard is set at. Trolololololol.

***edit typo threshold, it's a good word.***

But it is so in any other MMORPG except wow. Some other hide behind F2P option that allows to play with number of players and we all know that most of players create multiple accounts. But i saw very high population of level 50 players in TOR not that f2p low level. And yes they should take from SWG crafting and more free open world

Like I said to get the most cartel points you need to be subbed when F2P hit. New players will not get many CC, if any at all now.

If SWTOR was like any other MMO except WOW, it would probably be shut down by now, but the millions who bought the game have kept it going. SWTOR is fastest MMO to drop

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I'm confused. Te aggregate data shows an uptick. Here's the right now snapshot: http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Server status 10:30 am London, 11:30 am in Paris and Berlin. A mix of standard and light. Makes you wonder what the threshold from light to standard is set at. Trolololololol.

***edit typo threshold, it's a good word.***

I see what TieFighter is getting at .. at that time of day, all these servers were "light" (in the past), before all the mergers and mega server nonsense.  So EA dropped the threshhold of "standard" from 350 online players to 200, or there abouts?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

You are entirely right that people are coming back. I am GM for the guild Republic University on The Shadowlands. We are for new players and for those leveling. We teach them the game, level them to 50, gear them up, then place them in a raid guild. We have grown by 130 members in the last month. Those are real members as we remove people from the guild who have not played in 45 days.

Yes, in spite of nay sayers, SWTOR is growing and prospering.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

Originally posted by Ahnog

You are entirely right that people are coming back. I am GM for the guild Republic University on The Shadowlands. We are for new players and for those leveling. We teach them the game, level them to 50, gear them up, then place them in a raid guild. We have grown by 130 members in the last month. Those are real members as we remove people from the guild who have not played in 45 days.

Only because of F2P coming, and having to stay subbed to get the CC

It will only prosper if people do end up paying for things after it goes F2P.  millions people playing and spending $0 = $0

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212

Like I said to get the most cartel points you need to be subbed when F2P hit. New players will not get many CC, if any at all now.

If SWTOR was like any other MMO except WOW, it would probably be shut down by now, but the millions who bought the game have kept it going. SWTOR is fastest MMO to drop

Yes, but what I find interesting is even after all of the above, accepting the fact that SWTOR is "fastest MMO to drop" as you put it...ANY other MMO out there (apart from WoW) would KILL to have as many subs as SWTOR has right now.

Not only that but I am struggling to think of a recent MMO that didnt tank hard...I mean just look at GW2 for evidence of that...I think the player base is just so fickle these days pretty much anything less than gaming perfection is considered fail...

Driz

Originally posted by ImperialSun

Yes, but what I find interesting is even after all of the above, accepting the fact that SWTOR is "fastest MMO to drop" as you put it...ANY other MMO out there (apart from WoW) would KILL to have as many subs as SWTOR has right now.

Not only that but I am struggling to think of a recent MMO that didnt tank hard...I mean just look at GW2 for evidence of that...I think the player base is just so fickle these days pretty much anything less than gaming perfection is considered fail...

Driz

What makes SWTOR a fail is that it needed 500k subs to remain profitable, and the fact that the Doctors left Bioware and not even bothering with gaming again. No one would do that if SWTOR was riding on success.

Over 1.5 milltion people bought the game and now not subbing to it. If the game launched with 300K subs, then it would practically dead now, but 0.5 million people are trying to make the most out of their purchase and not prepared to write it off - had they waited to see what the game would be like the people now playing may not be playing now, but considering 75% or more people do not want to keep paying for the game, and would have known it had a $15 sub, says a lot.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Karteli
    I see what TieFighter is getting at .. at that time of day, all these servers were "light" (in the past), before all the mergers and mega server nonsense.  So EA dropped the threshhold of "standard" from 350 online players to 200, or there abouts?
    I wouldn't jump to that conclusion but it's a possibility. SOE did it with SWG when they threw in the NGE, I used to monitor server status all the time and noticed a sudden change and so did many others and SOE did infact change the threshhold of server status.

• c-motc-mot Member UncommonPosts: 51

i saw a post on a German forum that 60-days gamecards were on sale for 10 Euro at a big wholesaler (Saturn).

i guess some people use this C2P (cheap to play) method to cash in their Cartell Coins before the FTP conversion. ;-)

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

You are entirely right that people are coming back.

I didn't realize people subbed up to a game they didn't want to play to get rewards they'd never use. Unless they actually want to play and feel the $15 is justified, of course. 

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

You're going to have a pretty hard time keeping that up when F2P launches, considering F2P cats won't have access to operations, can only equip limited gear, and can't do more than 1 flashpoint and 5 warzones weekly.

I guess you can still help the free guys level though...

Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

You're going to have a pretty hard time keeping that up when F2P launches, considering F2P cats won't have access to operations, can only equip limited gear, and can't do more than 1 flashpoint and 5 warzones weekly.

They have weekly unlockables for Operations in the shop. No reason why a F2P can't jump in every so often to run through them. And it's 3 flashpoints/warzones a week with weekly unlockables too.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Draron

They have weekly unlockables for Operations in the shop. No reason why a F2P can't jump in every so often to run through them. And it's 3 flashpoints/warzones a week with weekly unlockables too.

Is that supposed to be the proverbial "silver lining"?

It isn't very attractive, and having to purchase unlocks to participate in that content is going to put ALOT of potential players off. Sorry for the mistake with the number of flashpoints and warzones, thank you for informing me that the weekly allowance for both is still a pathetically low number.

Nah, was just saying F2P can play Operations as well.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

You can do as many flashpoints as you want, but you can claim rewards for  3 per week. Only purple gear is limited, blue mods are enough good to get you through all content except Hard Mode flashpoints and Hard Mode Operations. You do not need it to level. Also unlocking the purple gear is one time expense. Same for quickbars.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Draron Originally posted by GolbezTheLion You're going to have a pretty hard time keeping that up when F2P launches, considering F2P cats won't have access to operations, can only equip limited gear, and can't do more than 1 flashpoint and 5 warzones weekly. I guess you can still help the free guys level though...

It isn't very attractive, and having to purchase unlocks to participate in that content is going to put ALOT of potential players off. Sorry for the mistake with the number of flashpoints and warzones, thank you for informing me that the weekly allowance for both is still a pathetically low number.

To me, the only attractive content is the content that is going to be free. That is the character story lines. The flashpoints, pvp battlegrounds and raids are things I would not really consider playing, ever.

I would not pay a sub for that content though. If I start playing again, I don't feel that I've been ripped off either...I got what I paid for, and I'll get to finish out what I paid for too if I want.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

You are entirely right that people are coming back.

I didn't realize people subbed up to a game they didn't want to play to get rewards they'd never use. Unless they actually want to play and feel the $15 is justified, of course. 

The thing is the game to some is worth playing, but not worth paying for, and especially constantly

A one off payment of $15 is not much to secure CC and sorting out your charcters in preparation for F2P as this thread shows, especially if you bought the collectors edition, which can be spent on stuff, like a week pass on Warzones (although IMO that is a waste), you no longer have access to when no longer subbing.

It is also a good time to have another go before it gets manic, and see what the game is like in P2P and then see the difference after it goes F2P. Even now it gets annoying playing when you get to your missions, and all the mobs you have to kill are all dead as another group has just been there. and then have to wait for them to respawn. The same for resources. When F2P hits it will be way more manic

Then in a few months, or maybe sooner, when F2P is not as free as expected, even on the 1-50 story, people will just ditch the game again, and it will be deader than anything.

I resubbed, and I think it was a mistake, but I would like to finish off the stories of each class before putting game to sleep. When it goes F2P will probably take it more slowly instead of hammering it to get the game done before the sub runs out, and I have no intentions of paying a single more penny towards it after it goes F2P.  The accumulated CC will help, but can not get them unless subbed.

The thing is the game to some is worth playing, but not worth paying for, and especially constantl

I'm not arguing against that, but when people put up a month of sub money they obviously have intentions on playing the game at least somewhat. Just didn't like how there was almost an excuse given to why people subbed. If people payed for it, they wanted it. No excuse needed to be given.

The people have to be actually logged in anyways to count for the population gain. Even if they're subbing for the CC, they're playing during there subscription.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

There's nothing to go back to SWTOR for.

Sure new players are going to take up on the F2P but old gamers returning? That's bullshit.

SWTOR is the worst AAA MMORPG out there at the moment and any other choice is a much more valid one.

Even GW2 is better than SWTOR.

The thing is the game to some is worth playing, but not worth paying for, and especially constantl

I'm not arguing against that, but when people put up a month of sub money they obviously have intentions on playing the game at least somewhat. Just didn't like how there was almost an excuse given to why people subbed. If people payed for it, they wanted it. No excuse needed to be given.

The people have to be actually logged in anyways to count for the population gain. Even if they're subbing for the CC, they're playing during there subscription.

If people have subbed for the game, then they would play the game, otherwise it would be a waste of money

According to EA 40% of people who quit did so because they did not want to keep paying a monthly fee, so I guess 60% of those that quit just found the game to suck completely and did not want to pay or play. My comments were aimed at the 40%, where as your confusion is thinking of the 60%

Those 40% would be the ones returning and maybe subbing now. The amount of peiople subbing and returning now instead of waiting for F2P will be smaller, and most will wait for F2P

Everybody is not the same. And they are not excuses but reasons and only coming because you are questioning it. F2P coming is the only reason I can see for this slight uptick, because the fact is you have to be subbed to get the CC. If you did not have to be subbed to get the CC, and F2P was not coming, then the game for some unknown reason has started attracting people to return to the game.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    What a amazing game! I resubed again after i tried some other new mmo's and get bored. It is good to be again there, now i will level all classes to 50:) Yes servers are heavy populated---Watch my pics from today---Station and all planets full of players!