Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: November Preview & Notes from Our Live Stream

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The fun never ends with ArenaNet and the Guild Wars 2 team. During the Live Stream event with our own Pokket and Colin Johanson, the team posted a preview of what's in store for November. Following the stream, the most salient notes were posted over on the Guild Wars 2 Reddit.

NOVEMBER - The Lost Shores

Something stirs in the Sea of Sorrows…

Unravel a mystery of monstrous proportions in The Lost Shores, a massive one-time world event that will change Tyria forever! 

FROM REDDIT:

The November Update will be much bigger than the Halloween Update. This is just the start of the beginning.

Teasers for the November Update (i.e. events) may show up as early as today

PvE

1. Wintersday confirmed for December.

2. November weekend one time event that'll change the world and introduce the new island map. (See the Lost Shores here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/)

3. On the new map... a new dungeon! Really big, gets harder to farther you get in

4. The new island is not a full-sized map, it's a medium small map that will play out a storyline. Not intended for big end-game expansion. Island is meant for more fun content. The Dungeon is meant to be added to expand end-game.

5. New rewards not seen before will be available on island.

6. They will be adding lots of things to do (they want a good variety) at max level so you can log in and say "Oh I feel like doing X, Y, and Z today)

7. Dungeon rewards are being actively worked on right now, and are also trying to make dungeons more fun to play.

Read the rest at the links above!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    i. am. excited.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Anet amazes me everytime the have release notes!
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Looks very promising!

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    What was all that trash about no endgame again ?
  • SidadSidad Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Boring. :( Give me server with open world pvp or let ppl turn on/off pvp option in open world or at least give me duels than we can talk about game getting interesting again for me.
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by Sidad
    Boring. :( Give me server with open world pvp or let ppl turn on/off pvp option in open world or at least give me duels than we can talk about game getting interesting again for me.

That's like asking for a PvE server in Planetside 2 or complaining that there's no friendly fire in Team Fortress 2. It won't work. It can't work. It will never happen. If it's a deal breaker for you, stop complaining and go elsewhere.

Duels will probably be included at some point, but if the game is boring to you without them, you should probably go elsewhere anyway.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Love the emphasis on the new island changing the world. Well of course it is a new island every single game changes when they do that.

I know cranky me, no power makes common over hyping in new mmo features that much more bleh feeling, specially when it's over saturated by a company, then again it seems that marketing ploy is helping them out a bit.
  • lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437
    the dungeons are already brutally hard....

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

That's like asking for a PvE server in Planetside 2 or complaining that there's no friendly fire in Team Fortress 2. It won't work. It can't work. It will never happen. If it's a deal breaker for you, stop complaining and go elsewhere.

Duels will probably be included at some point, but if the game is boring to you without them, you should probably go elsewhere anyway.

[mod edit]

You posted in a PUBLIC Forum so yes you did ask for comments on your comments just by posting here....not saying your opinion of GW2 is wrong or right or whether his comemnt on yours is wrong or right,but a forum is by definition is a place to state opinion and have them discussed and argued and a PUBLIC forum means it's open to all nto jsut peopel of a certain persuasion.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Drakynn

[mod edit]

You posted in a PUBLIC Forum so yes you did ask for comments on your comments just by posting here....not saying your opinion of GW2 is wrong or right or whether his comemnt on yours is wrong or right,but a forum is by definition is a place to state opinion and have them discussed and argued and a PUBLIC forum means it's open to all nto jsut peopel of a certain persuasion.

The proper response is...who the hell are you to make such a demand to the developer?!  If you don't like it leave.  Play a game with the feature that you want. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Well said.  Anyone buying the game expecting open world PVP didn't spend any time researching their purchase.

I'll reserve judgement on this update until I see it.  A dungeon is meaningless to me.  An island?  I guess we'll see.

Any empty statement on improving endgame is also meaningless.  They need to address this and do it faster than Blizzard did with D3.  People only wait so long before writing you off.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Well said.  Anyone buying the game expecting open world PVP didn't spend any time researching their purchase.

I didnt expect anything. I preordered game, got everything i wanted and got bored. So since I like the game Im asking for it now. You guys dont like my idea, fine. Let ppl who like it have at least 1 beta open world pvp server and we will find out easy and fast if it will work out or not. I still want to play gw2 so I hope they will do the right thing. 

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

A small new story mode island, a new dungeon, a new sPvP map.

Nothing that interests me much as a WvW player. With the removal of orbs of power in today's patch, and plenty of other issues that still exist in the game, this patch really has to add something solid to WvW for me to keep playing it.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Going to be a blast.  Loving what they do with this game every patch.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by Drakynn

[mod edit]

The proper response is...who the hell are you to make such a demand to the developer?!  If you don't like it leave.  Play a game with the feature that you want. 

lol Im hell of a customer lol. Smart business ppl listen to their customers.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

How can you pretend to have open world pvp in Guild Wars 2 when there are no factions?

Fight everyone?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    They already have open world pvp in the form of WvW. It mixes PvP and PvE perfectly in nice big maps. What the whiners want is non-consensual PvP, to go around ganking and being a douche. Thankfully GW2 doesn't support that MMO scum.
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Awesome! So much for needing to pay a sub in order to get new content. This is awesome. Can't wait for Wintersday!
  • maddhatter44maddhatter44 Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by Zzad

How can you pretend to have open world pvp in Guild Wars 2 when there are no factions?

Fight everyone?

many other games do it that way? Actually its a blast, creates open world GvG

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Asking for open world pvp for guild wars 2 is like asking for pve servers for darkfall, it just doesnt work with the design of the game
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    I think it's illegal that a B2P game is doing this with no req of 15 dollars.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by evilastro
    They already have open world pvp in the form of WvW. It mixes PvP and PvE perfectly in nice big maps. What the whiners want is non-consensual PvP, to go around ganking and being a douche. Thankfully GW2 doesn't support that MMO scum.

Whats wrong with asking for different pvp server with pve maps? Or maybe ppl turning on/off pvp option or duels in pve areas? I guess for blinded fanboy's it's blasphemy. I wish they add different play styles as well and not only more of the same.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Love the emphasis on the new island changing the world. Well of course it is a new island every single game changes when they do that.

"We care so vary much about our lore, players, we really do."

"Oh.  Yeah.. and there's this new island, we just discovered."

"Oh.  Yeah.. we want to expand again... lost uh, trail to this uh...dark forest.."

"Oh.  Yeah.. new continent!"

"Oh.  Yeah,, undersea kingdom!"  "Monster Isle!"  "New planet!"  "uh.. core, inside our world!"  "Fantasy starships!"

MMOs expanding just create some silly-buggers.   You gotta deal with it, if you want new stuff.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Maybe this finally will shut the people up who have been saying that B2P games cant add the same amount of free content as P2P games can.

This is at least as much as P2P games add.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    I think it's illegal that a B2P game is doing this with no req of 15 dollars.

Yeah, somebody should put a stop to it!

Where will it all end?!