Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November Content Teaser

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/

also link to interview that talks a little more about it and other upcoming stuff

http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/b/337726366 (first couple min have no sound so just FF)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Thats all? a one time event?.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by hikaru77

hardly watch the stream

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

hardly watch the stream

People see the main thing sponsored and just say "halloween? that's it". Look at the details folks, not just the November update. The October one as well. This game is pumping out more content than most P2P mmos.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

"..that will change Tyria forever," whatever that means. Sounds like a lot more than just the event itself, though.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Originally posted by Vhaln

"..that will change Tyria forever," whatever that means. Sounds like a lot more than just the event itself, though.

main highlights from the video smaller island type zone that will stay in the world and they will continually add to. New type of progressive dungeon that gets harder and harder the further you progress and new beta sPVP map for people to try.. some others and some he couldn't talk about.. but you can watch the stream if interested

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Ugh. Not currently working on nor plans for any QoL things or Guilds. Heh, basically everything OP posted in questions for the interview. After watching the stream I'm not really sure what they're working on? Dungeon rewards still, I heard that... What did I miss? (listened to it in background to XCOM...)

*edit* How did miss the whole island thing, ...playing again.
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0

Ugh. Not currently working on nor plans for any QoL things or Guilds. Heh, basically everything OP posted in questions for the interview. After watching the stream I'm not really sure what they're working on? Dungeon rewards still, I heard that... What did I miss? (listened to it in background to XCOM...)

hard to say really sound like they are working on adding a lot more for level 80s to do.. but was disappointed that a build manager is not on the table right now at all.. very very sad about that.. also no short term goals for any sort of more robust LFG or LFD dungeon tool either... sounds like guild halls are a ways down the pipeline as well most likely first expansion would be my guess

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Kuppa

hardly watch the stream

People see the main thing sponsored and just say "halloween? that's it". Look at the details folks, not just the November update. The October one as well. This game is pumping out more content than most P2P mmos.

It seriously needs to to keep people interested. Though maybe they are focusing on fixing the bugs and hacking issues first which would be a smart approach.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

the day i will be able to play a  (8 versus 8  )with my friend more then 2 match i will come back playing gw2.

because right now no matter what i do , join by server name or join friend via the interface, we never in the same team lol

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

Originally posted by sk8chalif

the day i will be able to play a  (8 versus 8  )with my friend more then 2 match i will come back playing gw2.

because right now no matter what i do , join by server name or join friend via the interface, we never in the same team lol

just did a 25 sPVP marathon with a friend we were in the same team 20 of the 25 times.. strange

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275

hard to say really sound like they are working on adding a lot more for level 80s to do.. but was disappointed that a build manager is not on the table right now at all.. very very sad about that.. also no short term goals for any sort of more robust LFG or LFD dungeon tool either... sounds like guild halls are a ways down the pipeline as well most likely first expansion would be my guess

I am not sure why they can't do this as they had it in GW1, but honestly as nice as it would be I would rather see the hackers and sPvP issues fixed along with the massive bot invasion on my server at least. Reminds me of Aion and it was too late for NCSoft when they finally did adress it, most people had already fled.

Also would really see WvW have more of a purpose then the state it currently is, the big difference (or well one of them) Between the WvW and DAOC RVR is that there was guild pride in defending their keeps with notices going out to all guild members it was being attacked etc. This really made taking a keep for your guild worthwhile, now it is zerged down within hours.

Originally posted by Saxonblade

I am not sure why they can't do this as they had it in GW1, but honestly as nice as it would be I would rather see the hackers and sPvP issues fixed along with the massive bot invasion on my server at least. Reminds me of Aion and it was too late for NCSoft when they finally did adress it, most people had already fled.

they seem to be working on the bots i haven't seen a bot train in over a week now.. but maybe they just stay out of Rall.. not sure.. but yea the build manager thing really really bothers me..:(

• EvokerzEvokerz Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Wait!!! Why does this B2P game keep on pumping out more content than P2P games?? BLASPHEMY!!
    Originally posted by dzoni87
    Originally posted by Evokerz
    Wait!!! Why does this B2P game keep on pumping out more content than P2P games?? BLASPHEMY!!

Blasphemy indeed it is :)

Anyway, thanks Aero for posting these links, however have patience for Build saves. I got a strange feeling that i will wait longer for my Housing than for that feature :

lol i'd say that's a safe bet.. but for me builds are huge as I'm the type who likes to change my builds every couple levels and for example in Rift in had all my roles unlocked and even then constantly had to reset several roles because I changed how I wanted to play my class and played with builds so often... if I sit and play the same build for very long I get bored in any game so I need a way to change things up and while GW2 offers a way it just isn't the most convienent when you are used to something similar to Rifts system or even GW1 manager

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Anyway, thanks Aero for posting these links, however have patience for Build saves. I got a strange feeling that i will wait longer for my Housing than for that feature :

lol i'd say that's a safe bet.. but for me builds are huge as I'm the type who likes to change my builds every couple levels and for example in Rift in had all my roles unlocked and even then constantly had to reset several roles because I changed how I wanted to play my class and played with builds so often... if I sit and play the same build for very long I get bored in any game so I need a way to change things up and while GW2 offers a way it just isn't the most convienent when you are used to something similar to Rifts system or even GW1 manager

Ye, i can see what are you trying to say. I have a bit problem with that aswell i guess. Only solution for me now may be playing with various classes, which also help me a lot with longevity of game, but yet again, its not the same like playing particular character with different builds.

From now on, everything is game of patience, as i can see.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

Ye, i can see what are you trying to say. I have a bit problem with that aswell i guess. Only solution for me now may be playing with various classes, which also help me a lot with longevity of game, but yet again, its not the same like playing particular character with different builds.

From now on, everything is game of patience, as i can see.

heh that's how I deal now as well.. leveling ranger, thief, guardian right now and just made an engineer

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

From listening to the stream, i'd say GW2 had a couple expansions already fleshed out and waiting to ship.

Everything that was questioned was a definite NO or 'Maybe in the far future'

Which makes me think they can't change or implement anything in a timely manner, as they are working ahead.

Just my suspicions.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Ugh. Not currently working on nor plans for any QoL things or Guilds. Heh, basically everything OP posted in questions for the interview. After watching the stream I'm not really sure what they're working on? Dungeon rewards still, I heard that... What did I miss? (listened to it in background to XCOM...) *edit* How did miss the whole island thing, ...playing again.

Here is what they are working on (in a nutshell):

Tournament PvP and general Pvp.

1. Addition of a new pvp map.
    2. Conitinuation of balancing (a given).
    3. Focus on tournament pvp and a Esport features (Observation mode I assume)
    Endgame
    1. Addtion of what seems to be a huge dungeon, one that gets harder as it continues.
    2. Addition of a new map, based on an island. Its release will be welcomed in with a one-time event, however the island itself will remain.
    3. A form of Server Announcement (so-and-so did this, Congrats!)
    There is a lot more but my memory seems to have failed me.
    Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Ugh. Not currently working on nor plans for any QoL things or Guilds. Heh, basically everything OP posted in questions for the interview. After watching the stream I'm not really sure what they're working on? Dungeon rewards still, I heard that... What did I miss? (listened to it in background to XCOM...) *edit* How did miss the whole island thing, ...playing again.

Endgame
    1. Addtion of what seems to be a huge dungeon, one that gets harder as it continues.
    2. Addition of a new map, based on an island. Its release will be welcomed in with a one-time event, however the island itself will remain.

from reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/12hh55/notes_from_mmorpgcom_interview_livestream_with/

PvE

1. Wintersday confirmed for December.

2. November weekend one time event that'll change the world and introduce the new island map. (See the Lost Shores here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/)

3. On the new map... a new dungeon! Really big, gets harder to farther you get in

4. The new island is not a full-sized map, it's a medium small map that will play out a storyline. Not intended for big end-game expansion. Island is meant for more fun content. The Dungeon is meant to be added to expand end-game.

5. New rewards not seen before will be available on island.

6. They will be adding lots of things to do (they want a good variety) at max level so you can log in and say "Oh I feel like doing X, Y, and Z today)

7. Dungeon rewards are being actively worked on right now, and are also trying to make dungeons more fun to play.

Guilds

1. They are not actively working on Guild Halls, but they will keep this promise and it will come sometime down the line.

2. They are not working on housing right now, but they love housing and think it's fun.

sPvP

1. New sPvP map to be put in "beta" mode. Will be put in official tourney line-up if people like it.

2. They are working on (in somewhat near future): more incentive awards beyond cosmetic (but he's not talking more about that right now), and other mandatory things for sPvP (I assume spectator, ladder, etc)

3. They have an entire team dedicated to sPvP working on content.

4. (Devpost on forum) A new sPvP Blog Post will come with the patch.

WvWvW

1. Not from interview, but Orbs will be removed

Other notes

1. Improve on messaging: getting word out to people (ex. notify people on events, etc)

2. (From Devpost on forum): Next balance patch is mid-November

3. They're constantly evaluating sPvP, WvWvW, PvE to make sure they're rewarding and enough to do in the game.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

Endgame

from reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/12hh55/notes_from_mmorpgcom_interview_livestream_with/

PvE

1. Wintersday confirmed for December.

2. November weekend one time event that'll change the world and introduce the new island map. (See the Lost Shores here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/)

3. On the new map... a new dungeon! Really big, gets harder to farther you get in

4. The new island is not a full-sized map, it's a medium small map that will play out a storyline. Not intended for big end-game expansion. Island is meant for more fun content. The Dungeon is meant to be added to expand end-game.

5. New rewards not seen before will be available on island.

6. They will be adding lots of things to do (they want a good variety) at max level so you can log in and say "Oh I feel like doing X, Y, and Z today)

7. Dungeon rewards are being actively worked on right now, and are also trying to make dungeons more fun to play.

Guilds

1. They are not actively working on Guild Halls, but they will keep this promise and it will come sometime down the line.

2. They are not working on housing right now, but they love housing and think it's fun.

sPvP

1. New sPvP map to be put in "beta" mode. Will be put in official tourney line-up if people like it.

2. They are working on (in somewhat near future): more incentive awards beyond cosmetic (but he's not talking more about that right now), and other mandatory things for sPvP (I assume spectator, ladder, etc)

3. They have an entire team dedicated to sPvP working on content.

4. (Devpost on forum) A new sPvP Blog Post will come with the patch.

WvWvW

1. Not from interview, but Orbs will be removed

Other notes

1. Improve on messaging: getting word out to people (ex. notify people on events, etc)

2. (From Devpost on forum): Next balance patch is mid-November

3. They're constantly evaluating sPvP, WvWvW, PvE to make sure they're rewarding and enough to do in the game.

Thank you!

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179

Thank you!

Aye, thank you.   

Kinda glad to see Orbs being removed from WvW, where was that mentioned at?   

Still really want a dungeon finder for them dungeons.  Honestly I've only run about half of them story mode and a few explorables.   Trying to find story mode even now for the others is kind of a pain.   So for me, I'm mainly just logging in to waste time in WvW, or level a different character.   So at least I'm hopeful for some more variety of things to do then.   Out of my 400+ hours in-game I'd be ashamed to admit how much of it I spent just playing Keg Brawl.   Seriousily.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Join a Tournament, hot join sPvP is explicitly designed to curtail Pug vs Premade that plagues the Battleground style PvP.  Not one game has ever managed to get this right except for GW2.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Join a Tournament, hot join sPvP is explicitly designed to curtail Pug vs Premade that plagues the Battleground style PvP.  Not one game has ever managed to get this right except for GW2.

tournament are not casual and either 8 vs 8 right. then no thanks, we are only 2 friend who want to pvp that all,

i never said invite 8 friend (premade) and kick pug ass all day. they could at least make 1 or 2 friend party for pvp only,

or put high limit for player like a big 15 vs 15 and bigger map ,

but anyway like i said we are 2 friend who want to pvp, up in in a match  and do 1-3 pvp match and have a blast then leave,

if both of us do good in the first match we get split up,

just did a 25 sPVP marathon with a friend we were in the same team 20 of the 25 times.. strange

well that because during the 20 match 1 of u did not make alot of glory (point) so u guys stick together ,and the 5 other match you guys both did well so u were split up

well that because during the 20 match 1 of u did not make alot of glory (point) so u guys stick together ,and the 5 other match you guys both did well so u were split up

we are always top 5 and usually top 2.. not sure why but we never had an issue not being together most of the time