Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how am i supposed to try closed beta when i have to re-download 4 gigs?

stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

i got the closed beta invite today and downloaded the game. the servers are up for 2 hours starting at 10pm EST. i looked forward to it, then bam! for some reason i have to redownload the whole 4 gigs. that leaves me about 20 minutes of playtime to give feedback or bug reports. how is this productive?

edit: download slowed half speed so I probably won't even be able to try it out tonight. I'm assuming this is a technical problem that will be sorted out but was really looking forward to giving feedback for this game.

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    welcome to closed beta testing.. where this kinda thing happens.  still 4gs is pretty nasty to redownload :/
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

wow ok so I just tried to play again today. now this is probably mostly my fault, but apparently the servers were up from 7-9 EST today instead of 10-12 EST like last time.

The download went smooth, but it's past 10 EST right now and therefore I can't play yet again.

Having servers open for 2 hours on select days within random hours makes it very hard to actually play. And believe me I have nothing else to do but play games. I can't imagine how hard it is for people who actually have a job or family or responsibilities.

But i will just let this slide... it is still very early stages of the game but they make it so very difficult to give feedback.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Keyword is beta. Expect the unexpected :)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    open server for 2 hours per time is just stupid. But hey they must know what there are doing...
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Maybe they are testing their download server capacity?

I'm not in the beta, so I don't know about this beta, but isn't information that OP is posting normally under NDA?

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by Vrika

Maybe they are testing their download server capacity?

I'm not in the beta, so I don't know about this beta, but isn't information that OP is posting normally under NDA?

I do not believe I am breaking NDA. Just complaining about the lack of game time available to actually play.