Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody here getting both DF:UW and Planetside 2?

Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Two MMO's I've been hyped about since they were announced are being released on the same day. @__@

Comments

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Params7

Two MMO's I've been hyped about since they were announced are being released on the same day. @__@

Are you sure that you follow Planetside 2?    It is an absolute disaster.

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by thinktank001

with a group of friends, I find it fun as hell.. and free.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I was hyped about Planetside 2 until I actually played it. Won't be buying it now.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Tayah
    I was hyped about Planetside 2 until I actually played it. Won't be buying it now.

That's kinda funny, I was the polar opposite. I could have cared less but then played it and found it rather a lot of fun. That said, I find it fun playing with others, not a great solo game.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Originally posted by bestever
    lol well you only have to pay for one so its not that big of a deal. PS2 is free to download and play :)

DF:UW is free as well for old subscribers...you just pay a sub.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Naral
    Originally posted by Tayah

That's kinda funny, I was the polar opposite. I could have cared less but then played it and found it rather a lot of fun. That said, I find it fun playing with others, not a great solo game.

I played the original Planetside and loved it. Planetside 2 just didn't hook me like the original did.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

Yep - game has come a LONG way and with a good squad/outfit so much damn fun....  This is game is n fun if you play it solo though.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Why wouldn't I get both?

I've got my calendar marked. I've been looking forward to these games more than any other, so I have to laugh that they're both supposed to launch on the same day.

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130

Most definitely.

PS2 will be a great game to play off and on, sort of like the MoBA's. DF:UW will be my MMO junkie game for sure

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by ubermut

with a group of friends, I find it fun as hell.. and free.

Are you trolling?   Everything in beta that required cooperation was changed to be done by a single player.  The game has been dumbed down to appeal to solo players.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

You what ?

its amazing fun one of the better games to be released this year thats for sure. Been testing PS2 fo a few months now and it keeps getting better. Yes i also used to play PS1.

Well yes i will be getting both as both are basically free for me.

I used to play darkfall so I am getting DF:UW for nothing just have to pay a sub an i will be playing PS2 and probally subbing up to that as well if i have enough time.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Caldrin

You what ?

its amazing fun one of the better games to be released this year thats for sure. Been testing PS2 fo a few months now and it keeps getting better. Yes i also used to play PS1.

I used to play darkfall so I am getting DF:UW for nothing just have to pay a sub an i will be playing PS2 and probally subbing up to that as well if i have enough time.

PS2 doesnt have a sub im fairly certain, Been playing PS2 beta and its an amazing game love it when you get ain a good squad or uniform (what ever guild called i forget) nothing like distracting the nemy team with some heavy assult and a medic and having an infiiltrater sneak in and take over the turrent in the base and shooting then enemy in the backj with it, or a group of light assult jet packing over a wall to take out the shield generaters to allow the tanks to get inside the fortress. I am looking forward to playing both games hopefully they fix alot of the issues and stuff for DFUW.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

I'm loving planetside, it gets better with every update and the next is this week, which brings a better meta game, plus a new continent.

But i'm also looking forward to trying UW, so it's good to have a choice, but the only problem is having only enough time to play one consistently....

@Sanshi, PS2 does have a sub, which gives certain benefits, jumping the queue i know is one, but its not needed to play.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by SysFail

I'm loving planetside, it gets better with every update and the next is this week, which brings a better meta game, plus a new continent.

But i'm also looking forward to trying UW, so it's good to have a choice, but the only problem is having only enough time to play one consistently....

@Sanshi, PS2 does have a sub, which gives certain benefits, jumping the queue i know is one, but its not needed to play.

Fair enough wasnt 100% sure but they said it would be F2P or somthing like that thanks for the info.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    Originally posted by Caldrin

You what ?

PS2 doesnt have a sub im fairly certain, Been playing PS2 beta and its an amazing game love it when you get ain a good squad or uniform (what ever guild called i forget) nothing like distracting the nemy team with some heavy assult and a medic and having an infiiltrater sneak in and take over the turrent in the base and shooting then enemy in the backj with it, or a group of light assult jet packing over a wall to take out the shield generaters to allow the tanks to get inside the fortress. I am looking forward to playing both games hopefully they fix alot of the issues and stuff for DFUW.

They will have a sub option.. or at least that was always the plan. you will get faster XP gain and cert gain stuff like that. I would link to a thread on their forums but i cant log in at the moment.

You can play for free the sub is just an option..

Still that was a few months back may have changed.. 

• jahgreenjahgreen Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Um last I checked and that was a cpl days ago sound still did not work properly in PS2. How can anyone say the game has come a far way if even the sound does not work.
  • SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by jahgreen
    Um last I checked and that was a cpl days ago sound still did not work properly in PS2. How can anyone say the game has come a far way if even the sound does not work.

For me it bugged out if i changed the default sound settings, so as long as left that a lone i got no issues, but its been fixed now.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by jahgreen

Really? Sound has been working great for me, in fact I really like the sound in the game. 

The only problem I have had in PS2, technically speaking, is that once in a while after switching toons, I get a CTD, and then during peak hours, I get a bit of lag when I am a crew on a larger vehicle like a Galaxy, but only when the zone is packed.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    i am getting both, already own ps2 and imo its a bit pooh.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    ill be getting DF:UW....i playeds the beta of PS2 and needless to say it is a horrible game. Id rather play BF3...and i hate FPS....
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Yes, I am.