Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Colin Johanson Livestream Interview with Pokket TODAY!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Today, Thursday, November 1st, our own Pokket will be hosting a live stream chat with ArenaNet's Colin Johanson. The event will run on the MMORPG.com Live Stream Channel and about future content updates to ask Colin. Join us later today for this epic event!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Are they planning to add a whole new zone with a normal content patches? Or do they plan to only add content to existing zones?
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I'm curious at what plans for sPVP are.. what new modes are coming and what other rewards are in the works as it seems many do need some sort of "carrot" other than cosmetic gear

Also what are the future plans for expanding WvW and why server transfers are still open as it's killing WvW balance(see Nov 1st it will go to once a week) why did they wait so long?

Oh and is there any plans to expand the current skill system to offer more skills or variations of skills for the weapon slots and utility skills

Game desperately NEEDS a build manager ot save multiple builds.. one of th best aspects of the trait tree is flexability in builds.. but the game punishes you to want ot have several builds for several differn't situations. There has been numerous times I wanted to run a dungeon but didn't want to drop all my traits and go re-do my build just to do so.. same for sPVP.

PVE progression seems to be the big concern to many on this site as they need more goals to work towards perhaps some sort of extra trait bar to progress through or extra set of skills or something along thones lines.. GW1 had tons of skills you aquired as you went through the campaigns and even after you finished them.

Is any player made content in the works? I know Guild halls were talked about.. but solid player made content has much more longevity than just adding another dungeon or some new events

What are plans for expanding guild features as now many complaints are guilds are basically just glorified chat rooms right now

Any plans for Legenadary armor? also perhaps adding some special skill assocated with a legendary armor set or even adding something like that to the legendary weapons.. right now it seems the grind forever for looks isn't sitting well with a good number of people in PVE.. What if legendary weapons gave you entire new skill set for that weapon? that would give people something to really strive for and keep true to the no stat grind at cap

Any news on a dungeon finder or better LFG options? getting tired of LA being turned into a LFG spam

Another big complaint I see is the not so dynamic feel of the dynamic events.. not enough variations in scenarios when events pass or fail and not enough variety in the events themselves.. people are wanting more lasting effects or at least more variations in what happens

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• jenseajensea Member UncommonPosts: 47

A grouping tool would be nice for those who won't sit and spam chat trying to find a group. Is anything in the works? How long until we see something?

The current LFG list buried deep in a menu somewhere isn't enough.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Updates on min games, housing, and alternative advancement would be good to hear

• VoidspawnVoidspawn Member UncommonPosts: 22

A few things i'd like to ask..

1.) About future dynamic events or updates to existing dynamic events. 

Are there going to be more events like the Dragon fights, or the Megadestroyer fight? And also how are you going to improve on them since as many players have pointed out even though these fights look great, they are not quite what the players expected since most of them (not all) are not very epic since the bosses are stationary and the players can pretty much just stand there and auto-attack (Shatterer, Tequatl).

2.) Regarding rewards

Recently there was a post from a Dev (can't remember who it was) that said you are working on improving the rewards that players get from Dungeon bosses, Veteran/Champion mobs in the open world and Chest Events. Could you share some more info about these changes?

3.) Dungeons for bigger groups

Another thing I would like to ask is if you are planning, or at least considering adding bigger Dungeons to the game. And by bigger I mean for more than 5 people. I'm not talking about the traditional raids ofcourse with gear progression and stuff. I'm talking about Dungeons for 8-10 people that are harder, more difficult (not more 1-shot skills though :P) and have unique skins for players to purchase with tokens. Because all of my friends are curious about this, and every time we run a dungeon we're all thinking "god it would be great to do a 10-man version of this!"

Claire Gearhead - Level 80 Norn Engineer - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

1. How big will the new Island be in the November update and what type of setting will it be? fire and lava or maybe Tengu?

2. Will the balance of classes in PvE and PvP be adressed? I can name a few examples. Thief is weak in PvE. Ranger is weak(low damage) in PvP unless beastmaster build. Necromancer lacks in damage and some support, but they are very tough(Tanky) to kill in PvP.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Get your questions in still!  We'll take them until tomorrow, due to the server outages.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

How does a pocket talk? It's just a piece of cloth...

Question:

Will they ever add skritt as a playable race? (not really halloween event centric, but a question none the less.)

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/new-guildwars-2-dota-moba-gameplay-in-the-works/

What's going on with that and when are we going to get details on it?

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

What are there plans for future minigames? I would love to see a "Nazi Zombies" style of group minigame (or Dungeon :P), Fort Aspenwood type also.

Future PvP maps. What new types of PvP do they plan to institute?

Future World events. Will there ever be Dynamic events that affect the ENTIRE world? Similair to those at the end of the Beta Weekends and this Halloween?

Hints on future Holiday events?

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Would they ever think of adding appearance tabs, even if it is something you must pay to unlock.  Because the coins aren't doing it for me.

And how about adding in an image designer.

And where is housing?

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

When will player housing be released, and what plans are there for it in the future and what does it entail in general?

When will the Crystal Desert be released?

Is there a schedule or idea on when the next expansions will be released?

Will there be a type of barbershop introduced into the game to change hair color and style?

What have you learned from this release that could be applied into future expansions?

Will the stories that abruptly ended in the personal story lines come to a conclusion in future patches or expansions?

How oft should we expect major content update patches?

Will there be additional armor sets added to the Market that have the original Guild Wars theme to it?  I'd enjoy a knock-off of the dervish primeval armor myself.

What is the future of PvP and Guilds?

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • MilitantMilitant Member Posts: 48
    When will the game finally get performance optimized, including rendering issues? ie: invisible enemies in WvW

Will you close servers/merge servers to fix population and WvW imbalances due to extensive server transfering.

When will basic MMORPG features like dungeon LFG feature and player dueling get included?
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

When will we see a massive cull of all the bots?

Why you ask players to report bots when they are still farming the same areas weeks after being reported?

Why are players forced to grind so many mats and items and then proceed to put DR into the system?

When will you introduce payments for server transfers?

Why do the events in Orr keep bugging out and when will this be sorted?

Why did so many players spend so much on keys for Halloween and lead to believe they get halloween items and actually recieved nothing worthwhile?  leads me to also ask why so much RNG and the low chances of getting anything?  ( partly assuming to know the answer, but would like an official one)

Got a ton of questions but I doubt they get asked or answered so I don't really know why I posted.  Pocket and MMORPG will be   so far up their anal cavity to ask such questions.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    When can we expect official Windows 8 support?
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

WIll you start fixing class problem's before nerfing or changing how a weapon work's?

Will you change how legendary precursor's are obtained? or the RNG % chance to get them from the mystic forge?

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Very important question: 

There was some controversy with the Halloween event, particularly with the low drop rates of items in black lion chests and difficult of the clock tower. What have you learned from the Halloween event and are there any changes you might make to the overall philosphy of how holiday events should be going forward?

• pobopobo Member Posts: 2
    What is Arenanet's opinion of the current legendary precursor scarcity and trading post pricing?  Are there currently any plans to adjust the rate that precursors are coming into the economy or additional methods of obtaining them?
  • GaleOmGaleOm Member UncommonPosts: 28
    are there any plans for easyer managment of mini pets and town cloth ?
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    We are all looking for the next best thing, give the players out there the 3 best reasons to believe in the sustainability of GW2 and the 3 best reasons why they need look no more for the next best thing.
  • PinkSparrowPinkSparrow Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Seems as if others are posting questions here. I was thinking questions will posted on the chat box thingy mingy, perhaps that will happen as well. One thing i would love an answer to is if they'll ever make less items soul bound. At the very least, make stuff soul bound once we actually equip it.
  • DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223

Why do the lengend and other harder to aquire items not have better stats than standard level 80 crafted etc.  Its just a skin by the looks of it.  At level 80 I need a reason other than a skin to spend all that time working on legend or karma gear.  There should also be added bonuses for complete sets.  

Also classes need some balance.  Im an elementalist and I can tell you that almost every melee class can hit much harder than the casters.... which granted owuldnt be so bad if it wasnt for the elementalists having the least Vitality/HP and least armor.    Even the necro fairs better because of the added life drains and perma pets.  eithe boost our HP, or dmg, or allow us perminate pets.  There are some other classes that need a small boost too.

Player housing.  Would love to see it.  Id prefer the ability to plot them down anywhere, however its easier to do instanced based housing.  Or even cooler would be to take a page from wild star and give us floating rocks to build on ;)

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    I'd like to know if the game will continue to rely so heavily on RNG in so many aspects.  It seems to me like a crutch acting as a bad stopgap for better and more thought out ways of doing things.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    What are some things your implementing to make GW2 a more rounded mmorpg?

I understand there are good arguments for and against having the ability to use weapon skills while out of range, not facing the target, or having no target, but in a competitive pvp environment where every move matters judging distance and determining if your character is facing the exact right direction in a virtual world takes away from the competitiveness. With that could we see a mechanic that doesn't allow you to blow the cd on your weapon skill unless you indeed are within range or facing the right direction?