Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Halloween events poll

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Did you like these events and mini games and all the other Halloween stuff?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170
    It was really fun.. I tryed everything it had to offer. And yeah, I beat the clocktower today. Logged in and beat it in the first attempt of the day, and then did it twice in a row. I guess it's not that hard after you beat it...
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Events like these reminds me why Guild Wars 2 gives so much value for the money, so ya I am more than satisfied.
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I was pretty impressed with this event.  I don't know if it was so big just because it was their first live event or what...but I can say with confidence that it was the most involved and content-rich holiday event I've ever seen in an MMORPG.

I mean, holiday events typically consist of a decorated city, maybe a few quests related to the holiday, some fireworks and that's it.

This holiday event had a fairly ridiculous amount of stuff.  I mean, they added an entire ZONE for the freaking holiday event, that's insane.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430
    didn't do anything (which is missing from poll).
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Creslin321

I was pretty impressed with this event.  I don't know if it was so big just because it was their first live event or what...but I can say with confidence that it was the most involved and content-rich holiday event I've ever seen in an MMORPG.

I mean, holiday events typically consist of a decorated city, maybe a few quests related to the holiday, some fireworks and that's it.

This holiday event had a fairly ridiculous amount of stuff.  I mean, they added an entire ZONE for the freaking holiday event, that's insane.

I hope that's just a sign of things to come.  Amazing event.  Even if that clock tower kicked my ass.  :(

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I was all happy until I heard the Mad King use a joke that I had originally posted on these forums. It's not like I need credit or anything it's just that hardly anybody laughed when I said it, but everyone laughed it up when the Mad Kind was making his rounds. I guess if you have a garden vegetable for a head then people laugh no matter the joke. Take a look at Carrot Top...

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Great fun. And when I think that the upcoming November update is "massive" compared to the halloween event...
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Overall it was well done but not without issues.I must congratulate Anet thoguh on making Charr and Norn the most hated characters in all MMORPGs now hehe,I kinda felt sorry for those folks palying Norn and Charr through the event .
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Overall it was well done but not without issues.I must congratulate Anet thoguh on making Charr and Norn the most hated characters in all MMORPGs now hehe,I kinda felt sorry for those folks palying Norn and Charr through the event .

why do you say that? The Clocktower?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by eyelolled

lol yup!:).

and for the event most content rich event i can remember doing in recent memory.. very pleased:) 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170

Probably... altough I didn't have much problems with that, more with my own slow reflexes.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    I was all happy until I heard the Mad King use a joke that I had originally posted on these forums. It's not like I need credit or anything it's just that hardly anybody laughed when I said it, but everyone laughed it up when the Mad Kind was making his rounds. I guess if you have a garden vegetable for a head then people laugh no matter the joke. Take a look at Carrot Top...

I was about to LOL at that...but then I realized that you did not have a garden vegetable for a head and thought better of it.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Candy Corn SUgar rush throw O_O, I have 65 stacks of candy corn, and I will leave it at that.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Damzilla

Probably... altough I didn't have much problems with that, more with my own slow reflexes.

I found the trick to dealing with the alrger character models was to stop trying to see your character and just concentrate on timing with a general feel of where you cahracter is,you should know coz he shoudl be in the saem spot on your screen most of the time.

As soon as I started doign that I left the larger character far behind em and compelted the event.Also the  second half is easier than the first for two reason there are less people about heh and you have more time and consequently don't get  get caught  up on inconsistent terrain  when running wildly to keep ahead of the green goo.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Can't bring myself to vote one way or another due to strong ambivalence.  It was literally awesome in some ways and terrible in others.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Damzilla

I found the trick to dealing with the alrger character models was to stop trying to see your character and just concentrate on timing with a general feel of where you cahracter is,you should know coz he shoudl be in the saem spot on your screen most of the time.

As soon as I started doign that I left the larger character far behind em and compelted the event.Also the  second half is easier than the first for two reason there are less people about heh and you have more time and consequently don't get  get caught  up on inconsistent terrain  when running wildly to keep ahead of the green goo.

My main is a Norn also and jumping puzzles are usually ok for me as I can take the time to think about what I'm going to do....usually.  The clock tower was just too fast for me to be able to handle without taking 5 hours of patient learning.  I just didn't have that kind of time.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

It was OK to poor at best.  Most of the good parts existed in the cash shop though.

Mining candy corn was funny.  Carving pumpkins - cute.

Brawling - kind of dumb.  Lore quests - meh.  Quickly done and somewhat lackluster.  Haunted Door encounters - more fighting, meh.  Dungeon and other stuff - passable.  Jumping puzzles - OK I guess (I still and trying to muster the motivation to do other vistas).  Artwork added nicely to the feeling of Halloween.

I didn't like how the acts were released slowly.  All it did was add a disconnect, and after waiting days for the next act, it became more of a struggle to want to log back in.  I would have rather had them all at once.  Everything in the Halloween event could be done for an achievement & title which is pretty useless, since there is no achievement inspects and social structure in GW2.

What I will remember from this Halloween event is Candy Corn, a huge shennanigans with ArenaNet imposing gambling into the cash shop, and a very clever, mischeveous song (The only song in the game worth mentioning).

Guild Wars 2 Halloween 2012 - Halloween Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW4DWizfMYA

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• drDamagedrDamage Member Posts: 60

You really should have put an "Indifferent/Don't care" option.

I really wish they wouldn't waste time on this kind of nonsense when there are real issues that should be being worked on. It's the classic BS of give a whole bunch of mediocrity and most people will love it.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by drDamage

You really should have put an "Indifferent/Don't care" option.

I really wish they wouldn't waste time on this kind of nonsense when there are real issues that should be being worked on. It's the classic BS of give a whole bunch of mediocrity and most people will love it.

This is guild wars tradition for the last 7 years I think.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Karteli

It was OK to poor at best.  Most of the good parts existed in the cash shop though.

Brawling - kind of dumb.  Lore quests - meh.  Quickly done and somewhat lackluster.  Haunted Door encounters - more fighting, meh.  Dungeon and other stuff - passable.  Jumping puzzles - OK I guess (I still and trying to muster the motivation to do other vistas).  Artwork added nicely to the feeling of Halloween.

I didn't like how the acts were released slowly.  All it did was add a disconnect, and after waiting days for the next act, it became more of a struggle to want to log back in.  I would have rather had them all at once.  Everything in the Halloween event could be done for an achievement & title which is pretty useless, since there is no achievement inspects and social structure in GW2.

What I will remember from this Halloween event is Candy Corn, a huge shennanigans with ArenaNet imposing gambling into the cash shop, and a very clever, mischeveous song (The only song in the game worth mentioning).

only parts that were in the cash shop were a couple outfits and if you wanted to buy keys to get extra shot at skins and that's it.. how is that the good parts with everything else it offered? your opinion i guess just seemed odd to me as after act 1 cash shop was hardly talked about.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

I had a good bit of fun with the event, aside from the fact that I missed the one discontinued event needed to get my Emissary title.  :P

I think the biggest downside just for me personally was simply the time commitment of some of the acitivies to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish.  That's not to say that conceptually they aren't good fun, but I invested a lot more in the Labyrinth, at the clocktower, and carving pumpkins than the material and emotional rewards I felt I got out of them in the end.

ETA: which is to say I'm not sure how motivated I'd be to do them again in the future.

Originally posted by Creslin321

I was about to LOL at that...but then I realized that you did not have a garden vegetable for a head and thought better of it.

I'm going to change my avatar to a Mr. Potato Head pic....

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

I wish I had more time to participate in these events but sadly I was working alot this past week, I did the Labrynth a few times and did a ghost vs villager scenerio about a dozen times I still can't get over how much fun that was. 

I was overall very satisfied with the events just wish I got to do more of them.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Karteli

only parts that were in the cash shop were a couple outfits and if you wanted to buy keys to get extra shot at skins and that's it.. how is that the good parts with everything else it offered? your opinion i guess just seemed odd to me as after act 1 cash shop was hardly talked about.

Also 4 pets in the cash shop (3 basic + 1 mystic forge), obtainable nowhere else.  The cash shop stuff consists of items that persist long after Halloween is over, which is important to me.  The pets > outfits because they can be used anywhere.  They cost $$.

Of course it's my opinion - hence the entire jist of this thread.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Overall,Great fun......clock tower was pure awesome though.Also got pretty lucky and got most of my mad kings armor set through drops(bought the gloves).So yeah,I enjoyed myself.