Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite class in all MMORPG games?

Comments

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Master Creature Handler / Master Ranger

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Any DPS class is my favorite, be it melee DPS like a Rogue or magic DPS like a Mage, it's just too slow and frustrating to do the level up grind with a Tank class and playing a Healer class is getting boring after a while especially in parties.
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Necromancer, definitely.  I love siccing my minions on you while I'm stealing your life.

And in GW2 PvE, my Dual Dagger Necro with minions = god.

Second to that would probably be Ranger.   Maybe because it can be usually pretty easy to play and I'm fairly lazy.  :)

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Beast lord in EQ1. Slows / heals / utility spells like regen / sow / invis . Still play him to this day.
  • RaralRaral Member Posts: 12
    Shaman in eq1 and 2 was a great class to play, tend to go for support roles also currently enjoy the commando n tor. mage and warrior were fun n wow
  • shantibashantiba Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I really liked the EQ enchanter -- I am a sucker for debuff classes. GW mesmer was pretty fun also. WoW lock was just ok, they deemphasized the debuffing aspect a lot over time. I am a party player, and if I could, I would play a class where my character didn't necessarily have any dmg skills, only debuffs + CC. Alas, I haven't really found this yet... most games are very solo friendly. 
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    WoW druid (specially around TBC). I just loved the overall flexibility of the class and the whole general idea of the shapeshifting. Even if I haven't played WoW for a long time, from time to time I still feel like I'm doing something wrong when tanking in other games without turning into a bear first.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Shadowknight in Everquest 2

Killing dragons is my shit

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Warden in Lotro.   Really unique class and I kinda miss it (as much as can miss few pixels).    Shame that I cannot accpet choices that developer made with this game some time ago.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Since you asked for class in the title, I'll try to be specific. It really is hard to narrow it down to just one but a few stick out more than others. Out of all the MMOPG's I have played with classes:

1) Vanguard / Commando  - SWTOR

2) Ret Paladin - WOW

3) Warden (Solo) - LOTRO

4) Lore Master (Group) - LOTRO

• SampparoundSampparound Member UncommonPosts: 44

Shaman in EQ 1 is just awesome. Slowing, buffing, de-buffing, dotting, healing and cannying until you thought you go mad, then canni some more :)

Same class (by name only) was probably my favorite in WoW as well.

There are a lot of fun classes out there though. But these two are the ones that popped into my head first, probably because I played them the longest.

Slacker extraordinaire!

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

For "traditional" MMOs I'm quite partial to Mages. I like being able to summon/launch unholy f*ck-you powers at something.

For best class ever...Eve Online fleet commander.

Where's the any key?

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Bureaucrat in Anarchy Online :)
  • arteskillaarteskilla Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Herald of Xotli in Age of conan, mix of magic and 2 handed sword nothing gets better than that.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

GW2 Warrior and Mes

Vindictus Sword Lann and Sword Fiona.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    None

I like not having classes at all or swapping my class on the fly by changing my layout.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

In RIFT I played a Dominator/Stormcaller. Think evil frost mage. If not that Affiliction Warlock.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Out of all the chars I have played, probably my favorite was the DAoC Reaver, kind of an evil Bard. So much fun hunting down stealthed Thieves and destroying them. :)

Longest time in a Class would hands down be my EQ1 Shaman, /played well in excess of 500 days.
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    LOTRO minstrel, imo one of the funnest classes i've played in any game.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    As a rule I'm an archer/bowman. If can't be that then wizard or healz.

• AndyLeeAndyLee Member Posts: 230

um...what if the summoner pk warrior or vampire.  or PK among all classes...among all game servers. XD

I just can't imagine what will happen. How crazy thing it will be. 

Summoner/mage good at magical attack, endowed with healing skill, controling skill etc.

Vampire or warrior, talented with strong physical attack. um..recently I felt in love playing Eudemons Online. Idk why, but just play it, maybe it's for free to play. XD and with lots of pets you can have. I can't believe that Necromancer will come out. Thats' fucking awesome. 

Got to go youtobe and watch more videos. 

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

warlock in WoW, back when fear was not the most nerfed cc of all time and you could actually (gasp!) fear people long enough to dot them up and syphon life....

.....i just loved everything about the Warlock. the whole evil mage that sold it's soul to the dark in order to wield power over demons from hell was just so damn cool.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Bard in EQ probably.
  • Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

For me it depends on the game and how each class feels.. 

GW2 - I like Warrior ( Defensive specced ) and Elementalist

Tera - I like the Slayer 

SWToR-  I Like the Assassin and Powertech

Aion - Templar and Gladiator

Warhammer was the Marauder and Squig Herder

GW1 - Warrior 

RF online - Armor Rider

Tabula Rasa - Guardian 

Every game I always find a different class appealing but my all time favorite are Super Tanky Tank classes that hit like pool noodles , Gotta love feeling invincible.

• NLightsNLights Member Posts: 13

WoW Warlock was a great class to me, and perhaps the most versitile damage dealer I've ever played.  You had the option of dishing out massive single target damage, or spread DoTs around, you could fous on crowd control or dps, you could invest in a powerful pet, or make the pet a parenthisis.  It was rarely the best at anything, but you could always customize it to suit whatever playstyle you felt like at the time without severely compromizing usefulness.

My all time favorite class in any game however was probably the AC2 Hivekeeper.  Terrible game, but great classes over all.  Very inventive.  The hive keeper was a bout as much of a glass cannon as any class I've ever played, and to make matters worse it did damage through DoTs, but conceptually it was fantastic (you swung a bee-hive around your head unleaching swarms of bees at your foes) and so much fun to play.  Once and if you managed to land all your DoTs on someone or something it was game over.  Took a lot of skill and a bit of luck to do so though, and constantly kept you on your toes.