Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disney buys Lucasfilm/Lucasarts

12345679»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Nikopol

I don't care if they scrap the whole of EU.

Even if they found some of the best ones and based a movie or two on those, it'd still be boring. Because let's face it, it's ultimately stuff we already know, and I'd rather see new stuff in a SW movie.

Though they do have my permission to base a mini-series on Tales from Jabba's Palace. :P

On another note: The cool thing with Star Wars was that it was mostly one man's vision. Maybe Lucas didn't do a great job with the writing - and this includes Episode IV - but I think people underestimate the soullesness that standard Hollywood mindset can bring.

Honestly I'd much rather have the worst of the prequels than the best of JJ Abrams.

tbh, looking at the list of films/projects that JJ Abrams has been involved in, i tend to agree..  will have to wait and see what happens, though im not really all that confident that Disney are the right 'people' for the job, there is still the nightmare that is the clone wars cartoon after all..  more of the same would be nothing short of disastrous.image

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

Star Wars has already gone "plastic". It used to be an entity that was rock solid and entertaining. Now it's all about cheap merchandise, mediocre movies, and mass advertising crap products (including SWTOR).

They need to start going a tad darker with their films. The original 3 were made for all ages. The newer 3, especially Episode 1, were made for children.

You do realize that George Lucas is the granddaddy of merchandising.  Star Wars was ALWAYS about merchandising.  Star Wars was ALWAYS about being made for children.  It's nothing new.  Most things seem better for people from when they were children.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by JKwervo

All I can say is...GOOD FRIGGIN RIDDANCE to the EU. Thank God they're retconning the crap out of that pile of bantha poodoo. Like seriously, EU post ROTJ are all shit.

I'm so glad they're truly retconning all that and not using any of them. At least, I hope anyway. Hopefully they don't go back on their direction cos man.....fuck the Expanded Universe bullshit.

AMEN to that, bro, amen to that!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

Set the movies in the KOTOR era. Much more fun.

Just look at the trailers for SWTOR. I'd watch a full feature movie of those trailers.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by alexanys1982

Star Wars has already gone "plastic". It used to be an entity that was rock solid and entertaining. Now it's all about cheap merchandise, mediocre movies, and mass advertising crap products (including SWTOR).

They need to start going a tad darker with their films. The original 3 were made for all ages. The newer 3, especially Episode 1, were made for children.

And now that its with Disney it wont be for children?

not any more than you would consider The Avengers for children or Tron imho but we will see

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

not any more than you would consider The Avengers for children or Tron imho but we will see

Both Avengers and Tron were pretty childish or rather child-friendly. I really don't see Disneys takeover do much good for the franchise, atleast not like the new Batman and Spiderman movies did. Those were movies for all ages and Disney have never produced anything of that type and quality.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Yamota

Both Avengers and Tron were pretty childish or rather child-friendly. I really don't see Disneys takeover do much good for the franchise, atleast not like the new Batman and Spiderman movies did. Those were movies for all ages and Disney have never produced anything of that type and quality.

they were but hardly just childrens movies i would consider both all ages movies which original star wars was anyway... 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Yamota

Avengers was just as much for all the family as spiderman was and more so than batman (far too dark for kids below 8-10 imo, especially the dark knight, with its themes of self mutilation etc)