Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Sevencore: Tread with Caution

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sevencore is the latest entry into the gPotato stable of MMOs. It is a game that has promised a lot as technology meets fantasy and more. How well does it live up to these promises? Find out in our latest review. Played Sevencore? Tell us about it in the comments.

Unlike some of the more recent games out there, Sevencore doesn't make use of fancy graphical tricks like normal maps or ambient occlusion. The game still looks decent though, with characters and environments sporting detailed textures. I didn't have any issues running it with everything maxed out (and anti-aliasing turned off) so most of you folks out there with decent rigs shouldn't have any problems too.

Read more of Adrian Liew's Sevencore: Tread with Caution.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Heh, I had fun in the beta in the starter zone, but never got any farther.  From the sound of it they need to make the whole world like the starter zone!
  • FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235

gPotato

Potato potato, what's the difference? (That only works when speaking though...) All their games are of the same blend

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66

Potato Potatoe. Tomato Tomatoe.  By adding the e you change the inflection on the a. This has been your english lesson for the day.

Oh and this game seems kind of lacking in the graphics department, even for f2p standards.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I played it for several levels and gave it a fair shot.  It was terrible.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Proton37Proton37 Member Posts: 7
    lol its gP what do you expect, 1 of the worse mmo companies out there, the sooner ppl stop giving them money, the sooner they will go away.
  • AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Cons

• Broken & incomplete game features
    • Missing game textures
    • Non-existent sci-fi setting
    • Ugly, mostly male, NPC populations
    Wat?

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    gPotato = no touchy

Joined - July 2004

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Wow that's a pretty in depth look at a terrible mmo! Thanks for the review ill stay clear and far away from this piece of junk!
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

It is rare to see them hand out such a bad score.  I will stay far far away from this game.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

It's gPotato. What did you expect? They are the most horrible MMO company in existence to date.

I thought that after the whole Allods Online debacle people would have gotten the message to stay far far away from this company.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

'heartbreak'? Really? A bit dramatic surely? 

That aside... people actually play gPotato games? I guess they must do... probably the same people on the forums telling how super awesome for me F2P is.

• norman728norman728 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    While not a great game it has it's moments,   I am looking to see if the addition of the Assassin class later this month does anything. 
  • MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54
    I haven't played the game yet because I live in EU, but I don't think GPotato is a bad MMO company, Allods is pretty cool game...
  • mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

I was thinking of giving this a shot a bit ago, primarily because I'm a glutton for punishment and I want to give as many different MMO's a shot as possible. Yeah, spent a bit of time looking into it in some depth (beyond the normal news blurb) and knew exactly how this game would play out.

Lo and behold, I read this and it confirms everything I thought. A shallow, half baked Asian import that's half functional and not worth the download. I can't wait until the remainder of this generation of Asian imports die off and go away so we can get into to importing some of the next-gen games.

Bless, Kingdom Under Fire II, Black Desert, all look awesome, and hopefully have the gameplay to backup the impressive visuals. Here's to hoping that we can end this era of terrible Asian imports that plague the MMO scene, those leftover remnants from when F2P MMO's were almost all shitty and companies could get away with releasing shitty games.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

LMFAO, I had to read about 70% of the article, until I saw "gPotato"... then I quit :)

Never again!

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by JeroKane

It's gPotato. What did you expect? They are the most horrible MMO company in existence to date.

I thought that after the whole Allods Online debacle people would have gotten the message to stay far far away from this company.

The problem with Allods was not gPotato it was the Russian developer, Astrum Nival, enforcing the FOD and cursed weapon systems that players went nuts about and rightly so, they went out of business because of this. The game was then picked up by Mail.ru and has since recovered its playerbase in Russia by sorting out the initial problems. It gets regular updates now and is not so CS dependent.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.