Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon

Not sure if anyone has came back to check out xsyon, The games came a very long ways since beta.  They finally just got trial servers up and pops rising again,  Just had a halloween event, was awsome fun,  Revants (zombies) there hps ranging from 30-350) and there was a bear with 1028 hps, Wicked fun, though that bear wiped the floor with us. There is 8x8 roofs ingame now, Totem decay, Stat and skill decay. and a Pretty epic Crafting update coming soon, itll add female armors+ new weapons and other armors.

Also, the days of certain players being godly in Pvp is now over. With the new stat/skill system alot of players knocked those godly ones out XD. Meaning you can easily catch up to them. Also those who want multistory, you really should check out xsyon for this, Google Raven Moon Tribe, watch the videos , see the pictures, What they did truly shows xsyons beauty in creativity and just how far you can take multistories.

New Videos are being made, Possibly new tutorial vids, Soon kickstarter will be launched to help the game get the funding for a full dev team so progress can speed up. Now before you crack at that last bit, remember this game was built from scratch and out of 1 persons pocket, this game has no other funding cept the players and owner. The guides ingame are a great help and do events daily and makes things really fun. Ive been playing xsyon since beta, and all this time later i still love the game.

Everything is very challenging now, Hunting youll need pals if ya plan to play in the mists. Also not sure if some of ya know this or not, but when you create tools-armors-weapons, Raw materials ingame have various Stat buffs, that you can use to custumize items and really get creative on your builds, Not to mention Color choices :-P.

So in short  Come check out Xsyon, past players, come back see whats new and have fun.  i also have a tribe ingame The Preatorian Guard, i live in zone 896, if ya need help or a tribe, just give me a shout, or ask in Global (my ingame name is fatboy)

Hope to see you all there!

Fatboy.

The Preatorian Guard

www.Xsyon.com

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I'm still waiting for my disk they promised if you preeordered it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

they promised a CD? cant remember that LOL

I might ahve to pop back at some point to check it out :)

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309
    Still waiting for consentual pvp and before you go down the it's not that bad road.  It probably isn't, but I'm not paying for not that bad.  
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Venger
    Still waiting for consentual pvp and before you go down the it's not that bad road.  It probably isn't, but I'm not paying for not that bad.  

I dont think consentual PVP would really work in Xsyon it would remove some of the fun..

Your clan city is a safe zone i believe, just outside you take the risk of getting attacked.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    I preorder this long ago and they promised that if you did you wouldnt be paying any sub fees, well I've tried to go back and now they want me to pay sub fees, so thats really turned me off from playing the game.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by Venger

I dont think consentual PVP would really work in Xsyon it would remove some of the fun..

Your clan city is a safe zone i believe, just outside you take the risk of getting attacked.

You may be right.  So I'll keep waiting for that sandbox game that gives me consentual pvp, maybe Origins of Malu or GreedMonger will be that game.

• nkitznkitz Member Posts: 69

http://www.xsyon.com/content.php/69-xsyon-sandbox-mmorpg-apocalypse-2012-development

Ohh you must be talking about this which is on the second round of development:

"Ability for tribes to remove safe zones"

I think that is what you're asking for and it looks like you'll have it but honestly I doubt even with that you would even bother. :P

Originally posted by Caldrin

they promised a CD? cant remember that LOL

I might ahve to pop back at some point to check it out :)

Originally posted by Dalgor
    I preorder this long ago and they promised that if you did you wouldnt be paying any sub fees, well I've tried to go back and now they want me to pay sub fees, so thats really turned me off from playing the game.

Cd? nope, that was never promised and never was it even mentioned.

No sub fee? Yep it was active since prelude and was removed some months ago. You missed your chance it looks like to play for free and reap those benefits.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I don't know why more people are not playing this game. Sure it isn't pretty but pretty means nothing compared to gameplay. This game is the only true MMO out today and it is puer freedom. Once eveything is in the game it will be better than even AC which is the best MMO to date.

Only thing is there is no population right now. If anyone is looking for old school true MMO gaming this is it.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

I don't know why more people are not playing this game. Sure it isn't pretty but pretty means nothing compared to gameplay. This game is the only true MMO out today and it is puer freedom. Once eveything is in the game it will be better than even AC which is the best MMO to date.

Only thing is there is no population right now. If anyone is looking for old school true MMO gaming this is it.

Xsyons great for a couple weeks, then you realize why there's no population. Combat is horrible and everything you do seems rather pointless. Xsyon is a rustic building simulator

"Once everythings in the gamer"  Its been out for almost two years.image

When did you last play the game?
    Originally posted by nkitz
    When did you last play the game?

Last week, why?  

Why are they still calling it "Prelude" after almost two years?

I can see why they are resetting the trial data weekly,  another week or so and they'd see what I was talking about. 

Pretty shady imho.

On main or the trial? Main has been really busy and the population is up quite a bit. The combat is fine if you actually try it out and it's better than a lot of systems I've had the displeasure of using. I've been playing the game for well over a year and so have a lot of other players and I find a lot to keep myself in the game and logging in.

I think reseting every week is fine as you can continue again on trial for another week and another after that until you know if you really want to buy the game. A reset allows you to experience the game but nothing is free and so if you like it enough then you can buy a account.

On main or the trial? Main has been really busy and the population is up quite a bit. The combat is fine if you actually try it out and it's better than a lot of systems I've had the displeasure of using.

You consider 200-300 logins a day on Main as really busy?  So what combat systems did you find so displeasing vs Xsyons? It still seems like a poorly implemented clunky afterthought. I'm happy someone likes it current state, but they have made very little progress. Had such high hopes and am rather shocked they are having a trial now.

• MirokataMirokata Member Posts: 107

Oddly enough, this trial server with weekly resets is probably the most enjoyable way to play Xsyon...  That initial rush for location, meeting your neighbours and deciding if it will be a friendly or hostile relationship, competing to supply a market, etc. I guess thats just from the viewpoint of a person who is competitive and cooperative, because fresh server starts are the only way to play Xsyon competitvely or cooperatively. Elegant solutions for this common problem with sandboxes have already been implemented: PvP & Seiges, server goals/resets, perma-death, etc. This game is so lazy and archaic.

Development has crawled to a halt -- a month since the last update and "answer" portion to the ongoing Q&A. It seems like the talk of Kickstarter died down, maybe he realized theres no way that they would let him revive his scam on their page? Will this nightmare soon come to a close?

http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/1451-Xsyon-Updates?p=96430&viewfull=1#post96430

It hasn't moved to a crawl, as he said in the topic I linked you'll see updates in 2-3 weeks. The current update is nearly finished and kickstarter is moving forward.

Here is a good example on how quick Jordi moves on bug fixes. Two days ago there was a bug regarding a single helm on female characters, the next day it was patched and now working. I don't find many games who patch out a bug fix for one helm that quickly, it wasn't game breaking what so ever but he was on top of it.

Here is a good example on how quick Jordi moves on bug fixes. Two days ago there was a bug regarding a single helm on female characters, the next day it was patched and now working. I don't find many games who patch out a bug fix for one helm that quickly, it wasn't game breaking what so ever but he was on top of it.

That would explain why so little has improved over the years, wasting time to fix a single issue that has no bearing on gameplay.image So when exaclty did the helm become bugged, there hasnt been an update in over a month. ?

Care to commment on your previous population/combat statements?

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    do those unkillable rabbits still jump out of the woods and 2 shot you?   same question about bears. 

The current update is nearly finished and kickstarter is moving forward.

If the "server is so busy and population is up quite a bit",  why are they going ahead with Kickstart?  Isnt the whole Kickstart thing is to help raise funds as the current subscription isnt enough?

http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/1451-Xsyon-Updates?p=96430&viewfull=1#post96430

It hasn't moved to a crawl, as he said in the topic I linked you'll see updates in 2-3 weeks. The current update is nearly finished and kickstarter is moving forward.

1. Funny story, since the entire website is now presented through a forum, my banned IP gets "Sorry. You have encountered an error. To contact the administrator click here" everywhere on the website. Oh Jordi....

2. "I will be travelling, primarily for personal reasons, for the next 2 to 3 weeks." Suprise suprise. For an indie dev of an amazingly unsuccesful game, Jordi sure can afford to travel a lot. PS. He said he would start working on actual feature "evolution" (whatever the hell that means) in 2-3 weeks, not patch it in.

3. "Behind the scenes we have been working primarily on bugs and stability issues." Suprise suprise. Of course, all the hard work they've been putting in is not noticable... but trust them, it's there. This is called going for the low hanging fruit -- atleast from his perspective, since its easy and makes it look like he's doing something. For us, it's kind of the opposite. It's not impressive, it's indicitave of laziness and the lack of ability to prioritize.

4. "We are moving forward we a new ad campaign and will finally launch our Kickstarter fund raiser this month. The Trial Server will remain open to the public at least until the end of this year". New ad campaign AND a Kickstarter? The product has been released for 2 years now... that's not a kickstart, that's a reboot.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

im sorry but kickstarter is designed as crowd funding support for products to start production not to provide extra capital to already started products.   that would be like WoW or minecraft starting a kickstarter to support their games, does nothing but leaves a bad taste in most people's mouths. 

game sounded interesting but from all the issues i have heard about on it since launch, and the fact the trial server wipes all date. it really makes me disinterested in trying it or even playing it.

if they need a kickstarter to support this game now.. then they must not have enough capital to support it. as there should be no reason to start a kickstarter on a product that is already "gold"  (its gold as its charging a sub and has already had its offical launch) leaves me to assume the game is running out of funding now :/

Originally posted by Ichmen

im sorry but kickstarter is designed as crowd funding support for products to start production not to provide extra capital to already started products.  

"We will be raising funds via Kickstarter."

"We are moving forward we a new ad campaign and will finally launch our Kickstarter fund raiser this month"

WHAT?  http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/1451-Xsyon-Updates?p=96430&viewfull=1#post96430

Why not do a kickstarter campaign?

Their product has already been released for 2 years. It's simply not a project that fits the Kickstarter model.

He already had a pre-order phase that lasted one year. He didn't deliver on his side of the offer then (the game is nowhere near what the initial feature page stated), so I doubt people will trust him now. That capital drive didn't support the project, so I doubt people will trust this one will.

It's product is a subscription service. What are they going to offer backers? It can't be access to the existing game, because thats simply "Selling inventory" which is not allowed on Kickstarter. I doubt that people will back a project for future access to a subscription service. If people wanted to "kickstart" the game, they would simply buy the game.

Jordi is a bad planner and/or a bad presenter. The documentation on his game, development, etc., is garbage, and nowhere near the standards expected of a Kickstarter project.

Xsyon isn't a very creative game. Kickstarter projects get backed because they present new and unique ideas that excite people.... I'm literally laughing out loud at the thought of people getting excited over Xsyon.

Originally posted by Mirokata
    I'm literally laughing out loud at the thought of people getting excited over Xsyon.

Hey, I was excited for about two weeks!!!

This discussion has been closed.