Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnar Tørnquist works on Dreamfall again!

N0umenonN0umenon Member Posts: 10

Ragnar Tørnquist on Dreamfall working again

The continuation is developed by a newly formed company in collaboration with Funcom.
According to the Norwegian Film Institute is now working the prolific Norwegian game designer Ragnar Tørnquist with new kapittlel to adventure game Dreamfall: the longest journey. The information came in conjunction with the announcement that six games are getting support from the Department.

The new story is supposed to take up the thread where Dreamfall ended, and it loves that players now get answers to some of the unanswered questions from the previous game.

Jobs still in Funcom

Chapters to be produced by Tørnquists new game company Red Thread Games. According to Funcom's communications manager Erling Ellingsen, however this does not mean that the veteran designer finishes with neither The Secret World or the company.

— Ragnar jobs still in Funcom and continues as Creative Director on The Secret World, but he also wanted to continue with Dreamfall after which there is a lot of players out there who have asked for the continuation of The Longest Journey-the story, telling the Funcom's communications manager Erling Ellingsen to the Gamer.

– As Funcom's focus is on online betting, we arrived at a solution where Ragnar has started a new company that licenses the rights to create new experiences in The Longest Journey universe.

Dreamfall: the longest journey was produced by Funcom with Tørnquist behind the helm, and was a sequel to the critically acclaimed adventure game the longest journey from 1999.

Dreamfall Chapters is going according to plan for PC and Mac.

There is a God! Enjoy! :)

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

TSW should have been made a single player adventure game from the get-go. Waste of good story and atmosphere to make it into an MMO.

Looking forward for the continuation of the Longest Journey multilogy.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

says who??  I don't get why games are suppose to cater to everyone???? Thats why you guys have WOW, RIFT, SWTOR, games like TSW are Niche style of game play for people who like these games, TSWis fine as an MMO, and its only getting better, I like that the community is smaller, less trolls, actually I never see any ever, and I play this game with a guild and enjoy it.

We have plenty of group play, just like SWTOR I played with a guild,. there is group play, you people choice to play it alone..... So I just don't get people today complaining that there is no group play when there is, if the game was full group play, you guys would complain.

I think gamers like to complain, I wish you guys would make your own games... SO we can complain about it.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

"but he also wanted to continue with Dreamfall after which there is a lot of players out there who have asked for the continuation of The Longest Journey-the story"

Lol. Those lot of players asked for it, because Dreamfall was very (I mean VERY) short. I remember when I reached to the end of it, in <1 day (and I tried to squeeze the max. out of it, searching every little corner, talking with all the npc's multiple times, etc) I was like: WhattaFu... At first I thought I missed something, and it's just a shorter ending, but nope, that's the whole game.

I guess there was even a petition for making some extension to it, or a second part, or anything... So tt's a good news if Ragnar plans to make a new The Longest Journey game. I only hope it will be longer than Dreamfall. :) (and I hope he'll skip those 3 lame fighting parts, but I know it has zero chance... nowadays they must put action combat even in adventure games for the console kiddies)

For TSW: I think it's good at it's current state, as an adventure-ish mmo. Not a waste of anything, since you can play it solo (for some investigation quests it's even better, at least the other players won't spoiler the solution). I like that it has the option to team up with buddies if we choose to do so.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I am so happy.. I played tLJ when I was 17-18, then dreamfall in my early 20s.. I can't wait to play Chapters before I'm 30 =P But I believe I will be affected by it as i was affected by the prequels. This might be the 1st kickstarter I will fund.
    Originally posted by Po_gg

"but he also wanted to continue with Dreamfall after which there is a lot of players out there who have asked for the continuation of The Longest Journey-the story"

Lol. Those lot of players asked for it, because Dreamfall was very (I mean VERY) short. I remember when I reached to the end of it, in <1 day (and I tried to squeeze the max. out of it, searching every little corner, talking with all the npc's multiple times, etc) I was like: WhattaFu... At first I thought I missed something, and it's just a shorter ending, but nope, that's the whole game.

I guess there was even a petition for making some extension to it, or a second part, or anything... So tt's a good news if Ragnar plans to make a new The Longest Journey game. I only hope it will be longer than Dreamfall. :) (and I hope he'll skip those 3 lame fighting parts, but I know it has zero chance... nowadays they must put action combat even in adventure games for the console kiddies)

Just found the eurogamer version of the news (even google translate had some problems with the .no version :D ), I'm glad I remembered well of the lame combat, and that players requesting a second part:

"Ever since we ended Dreamfall on a nail-biting cliffhanger, players have been rightfully demanding a sequel"  and

"Follow-up Dreamfall: The Longest Journey was less well received, partly because it ditched point-and-click controls and decided for some odd reason to include combat."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-01-dreamfall-chapters-a-new-longest-journey-game-by-ragnar-tornquist

Originally posted by Po_gg

(and I hope he'll skip those 3 lame fighting parts, but I know it has zero chance... nowadays they must put action combat even in adventure games for the console kiddies)

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I didn't find a Dreamfall Chapters one elsewhere...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-09-dreamfall-chapters-will-be-a-single-player-adventure-game-for-pc-and-mac

It won't be episodic, they tend to do it more TLJ-ish, and the best:

"There are a lot of areas we can improve in. One is to get rid of the horrifyingly bad combat system. It never became what it was supposed to and we had to rush it out and it failed on all accounts. Luckily we were able to avoid using it most of the time. That's the first thing to go."

Ragnar is the best, can't thank you enough for this decision :)

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    i am so much happy .have been waiting for this news for the past 5 years :)
    The only drawback is that with Dreamfall he will slowly leave TSW. But I guess TSW's foundations are stable enough to stand still without Ragnar. And the Albion theatre is an awesome addition to the game :)