Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMITE: Arena Game Mode Coming in Next Patch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Hi-Rez Studios has announced that a new game play mode will be coming to SMITE with the next patch. Called "Arena", players will face off in a team death match on a new Colosseum-themed map. Teams gain points for killing opponents and the first team to deduct 500 points from the other is declared the winner.

"SMITE is all about action combat," says Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer Todd Harris. "So we wanted an additional game type that allows players to get into the action even faster. One of our level designers took the initiative to put together this more open Colosseum map concept on his own time. We've enjoyed playing it so much that the team has worked overtime to get the new mode quickly into the hands of our Beta community and we look forward to their feedback"

In addition, the SMITE team has released the second "Know Your God" video, this time focusing on Anubis.

Find out more about SMITE.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Nice! This actually sounds like a great addition.  Nice change of pace from the traditional MOBA map.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Nice! This actually sounds like a great addition.  Nice change of pace from the traditional MOBA map.

I couldn't agree more, very exciting.

• RezoundRezound Member Posts: 8
    I had a feeling this was coming based on the questions in the Smite surveys. Can't wait to try it out.